july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

how well do you like this game?

[Post New]by july1277 on Apr 25, 17 10:25 PM
I thinking of down loading this game next month.

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:how well do you like this game?

[Post New]by akge on Apr 26, 17 12:34 AM
Hi Judy,

Welcome to the forum. I have found the game to be challenging, frustrating, fascinating, and fun, not necessarily in that order and sometimes all at once. It is also very addictive. I give it a 10 although there are others who might disagree.

The forum is very educational and the members are very, very supportive.

Hope you decided to join use in the crazy game.

Kae

Edited on 04/26/2017 at 12:34:51 AM PST

Llamamama15
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Apr 26, 17 1:44 AM
If you are not careful it is not a game but a way of life. Don't try to do too much too quick. Take it slow and enjoy the ride. There is no end.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Apr 26, 17 1:49 AM
Why wait till next month ?

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Apr 26, 17 1:54 AM
Addictive is the right word to use but also a lot of fun . Patience is a must have too .Come join us and see for yourself .

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Apr 26, 17 1:54 AM
Addictive is the right word to use but also a lot of fun . Patience is a must have too .Come join us and see for yourself .

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Apr 26, 17 2:00 AM
Hi july1277

Why wait? All new players are very welcome. Be aware it is capable of taking over your life
The game's free so it won't cost anything to download. To get more idea I suggest you keep reading the Forum - it's very entertaining as well as informative. Yes, we have our moans but that doesn't stop us and some of us have been playing for years. People are very friendly and welcoming.
Check out Helpful links for Midnight Castle especially the New Strategy Guide.
There are lots of different ways of playing the game so that it suits you and your life.
Join us and have fun

Norry

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 26, 17 2:04 AM
Where to begin?........ Where to end?
How long is a piece of string?

It is soooooooo addictive and fun loving/giving you wonder how you have missed it all your life (well actually since March 2014)

A fantastic LONG TERM marathon of a game (so no "quick fix"!)

But I am slightly biased and completely insane, hence my permanent residence in the MC "funny farm hospital wing"

If you "dip your toe in the MC moat" please read the Forum contents on Page One from day one - it is a very important part of your MC education.

Good luck and we hope to see you soon.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 26, 17 2:12 AM
Ring the doorbell (download button ) & come on in.You don't need to purchase diamonds to move along unless you want to.
This is the best game ever with amazing friends with fantastic help whenever you need it.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 26, 17 5:45 AM
The best time to start this game... in my opinion... is during an event.... which is NOW..... the morphing objects (when you collect 5), is 20 coins instead of 10 coins during regular play.... plus, you get more diamonds ... and, right now, different colored eggs used to craft spring pets.... Event pets are important to craft as these are the ones who usually give you the best chests - which can be very useful in leveling up...

There are a lot of things that become available for a new player to do, BUT, you do not "have" to do them till you feel ready.... many of us have been playing 2 or 3+ years and still working on achievements....

Rome was not built in a day, this game takes TIME....

The artwork is .... well, in my opinion, the artwork alone is enough to at least download it and take a peak....

If you're thinking about playing... start NOW, while you have a chance to grab as many spring goodies as possible before it ends... The events only come around once a year.... The next big event (that we know of), won't start till the Fall...

Jump in and have fun storming the castle with the rest of the inmates...

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 26, 17 6:21 AM

Hi July!

Next month may mean July has a finite data cap. It happens - trust me! My first broadband data cap was 2 GB for a whole month! Australia sucks with data caps!

If you find yourself immediately addicted to this game - and you will - you have to be online to play at all times. Allow a minimum of 5 GB per month for that.

The updates come in stages of progression. They are not huge. Just a few levels at a time and probably less than 200 MB each time. If you pace yourself, you will likely only need to update once per month.

July - it is a FREE game. You have nothing but data to lose by downloading it.

I have never paid a single red cent/penny/euro/peso/bitcoin for it. And I've never felt so backed into a corner that I felt I HAD to purchase to progress.

Of all the FREE games out there - this is the best. Hands down.

Feel free to virtually slap me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Jenifer

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Apr 26, 17 6:26 AM
It's a Free to Play game. You've got nothing to lose by downloading it and trying it for yourself. Then come into the forum whenever you have questions or need help.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 26, 17 7:27 AM
Hmmmm..... where to start......hmmmmmm

1. I am astounded that you found the forum first and then possibly the game!! (I was at about Level 35 before I found the forum.....and boy, what I missed!!!)

2. The game itself.....wow....again, where to start!!! The graphics!!! WoW ..... and WoW.....you will be truly amazed and awed.....each time more game content is issued (and that comes in small chunks about every 6 months or so), we are again amazed and wowed......the current game content ends at Level 76.....so many of us can go no further with the "leveling up" for awhile.

3. It is an HOS game....the object is to go into the scenes and find the objects.....they are all "hidden" in plain sight....not partially obscured....the scenes are not timed, so you have all the time you need to complete the scene without penalty. Sometimes you will need to go into the same scenes over and over and over and over.....it is a bit mundane, but in the long run worth it.

4. There are now "boosts" or "game advantages" that become available as you level up....they can help you to get through a particularly tedious area, but do not rely on them exclusively or you will not get some of the items you need to advance in the game (stamps mostly come to mind).

5. The forum -- what a great bunch of people and resource for game helps.....If you want a peek at what you are getting into...you can look through the NEW Strategy Guide.....It gives general game info on pages 1 through 3.....and on page 3 there starts a listing of EVERY character quest you will be asked to do to level up in the game....at the end of each level is a listing of the amount of coins and stamps that are required to get through that level. Please do not post to our new guide so it can be kept as a valuable reference tool to all..NEW Guide located here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/891090.page

6. DON'T WAIT A MONTH!!! The Spring Event will conclude in 25 days.....and the Spring pets that you will be able to get during that time will be utterly invaluable with getting through your levels.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 26, 17 7:28 AM
Oh....... you will find that playingthegame , eastendteddy, and Jenifer_Rule talk in such riddles in the forum that it is sometimes difficult to understand them -- but their posts are the bomb!!!!

And you will find that it is impossible for me to say something in 10 words or less.....sigh, sigh, megasigh.......

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Apr 26, 17 7:39 AM
There is only one thing that you are required to have to play this game patients. come join us

Etta

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Apr 26, 17 7:56 AM
Don't wait - join us now !!! You have already done the most important part - finding and using the forum !!!!! I agree with the rest- patience--patience and do the rounds , do the rounds. It's the only free to play that I've done that continues to update and do events. I've only bought a small bunch of diamonds once and I'm on level 61. If you read the forum new strategy guide, and do the rounds, the game will feed itself. Come join the addiction !!!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 26, 17 7:59 AM
Hi July!!

Jump jump jump jump jump!!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 26, 17 8:03 AM
July1277 comes from Found, so she knows the forum well. July, you will be in awe of Midnight Castle comparatively. There is actually a story-line and a purpose to the quests, not just leveling up and you're done. Friends here and the help they provide are equally as awesome as the game!

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Apr 26, 17 7:46 PM
Thank you all for the information. The reason I am waiting is I am still working on another addictive game and trying to get more of it out of the way before I start on a new one.

I do like that this forum is much active then then any other I have seen and people are way nicer.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 26, 17 7:54 PM
july1277 wrote:Thank you all for the information. The reason I am waiting is I am still working on another addictive game and trying to get more of it out of the way before I start on a new one.

I do like that this forum is much active then then any other I have seen and people are way nicer.

Well and good....but, you will regret not starting now when you DO start later.

Go to: