Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 26, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/26/2017 at 6:35:28 AM PST

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew: Sea of Darkness here.

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 26, 17 3:47 AM
Using WIN 10. Game won't download although it's suppose to be compatible with WIN 10...yet another problem with the games here.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 26, 17 6:36 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Windows 10
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Apr 26, 17 7:06 AM
For those that are having problems with downloading this game I uninstalled the Game Manager and then reinstalled it (2nd time that I've had to do that this week to play a game) and the game downloaded okay.

blynn06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by blynn06 on Apr 26, 17 7:16 AM
FYI, my virus protector removed this game for suspicious activity,

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 26, 17 8:25 AM
blynn06 wrote:FYI, my virus protector removed this game for suspicious activity,

This is almost assuredly a false positive finding on the part of your antivirus. Please see this: https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231743148-Virus-Messages

You also might want to see if there is a method to report false positive findings to your antivirus company so they can update their virus definitions.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 26, 17 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for offering their assistance and suggestions regarding technical issues that either are or may be experienced. It is greatly appreciated and indeed helpful.

If players are experiencing downloading issues, please also refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page as it is specific to this issue:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you would like to uninstall the Big Fish Games App as Luckystar18 mentioned, please see the following help page for these steps:

Reinstall Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

With virus messages appearing with an antivirus software, please keep in mind that our products are guaranteed virus free. If a message appears, it is most likely a false positive. Since we take these issues very seriously, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the following information:

The game that is causing the issue.
The name of your antivirus company.
The message alert from the company. What have they found? (Trojan, virus, worm, for example)
The Big Fish Games file that was detected as being infected. (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

The Support Team has the tools to look into this for you. For more information about virus messages, please see the following help page:

Virus Messages

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 27, 17 2:28 AM
i have to turn my AVG protection off to download all BF games, never used to have to

schefnh
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by schefnh on Apr 27, 17 2:02 PM
I too have AVG protection and got red virus warnings, etc, but it downloaded it fine and plays fine.

[Post New]by amber_dinah on Sep 21, 17 7:52 AM
my game keeps crashing when I complete the puzzle in the crows nest. I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

[Post New]by sb_lewis on Sep 29, 17 9:54 AM
Using MAC OS Sierra - game wont start. It keeps popping up with "quit unexpectedly"

What can i do?

okgal1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by okgal1 on Nov 15, 17 6:38 PM
My game has played just fine until I get to the part where I fix the engine on the dingy. I've done everything right (using the pamphlet and Icelandic guide), put everything in the right order, and no results. I've looked at the in-game hints to double check, and again, I put the spark plugs and wires in the right locations. I've check several walk throughs to see what I could be doing wrong. It appears I'm doing everything right.

That part of the game just isn't responding like it should.

Is that part of the code missing?

Forgot to mention, this is a PC running Windows 8.1.

Just wondering if there is a patch.

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 8:51:37 PM PST

[Post New]by th3gingr on Dec 12, 17 3:46 PM
sb_lewis wrote:Using MAC OS Sierra - game wont start. It keeps popping up with "quit unexpectedly"

What can i do?

I'm having this same issue. I downloaded the game for MAC and installed the big fish manager and the game icon will pop up then disappear when trying to launch the game. Then I get the quit unexpectedly error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the game and the game manager.

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 3:47:17 PM PST

[Post New]by naivewaltz on Dec 25, 17 4:02 PM
th3gingr wrote:
sb_lewis wrote:Using MAC OS Sierra - game wont start. It keeps popping up with "quit unexpectedly"

What can i do?

I'm having this same issue. I downloaded the game for MAC and installed the big fish manager and the game icon will pop up then disappear when trying to launch the game. Then I get the quit unexpectedly error. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the game and the game manager.

I'm having this same problem as well, also running Mac Sierra. The detailed error report says there's an uncaught exception? Is there any kind of fix for this yet?

[Post New]by sblomb on Jan 16, 18 7:35 PM
naivewaltz wrote:
th3gingr wrote:

What can i do?

I'm having this same problem as well, also running Mac Sierra. The detailed error report says there's an uncaught exception? Is there any kind of fix for this yet?

Same problem here, using Mac OS High Sierra. Game just crashes with EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION error.

Go to: