godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

How do you start a new game? It won't let me!

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Apr 26, 17 6:21 AM
I want to begin a whole new game but, no matter what name I put in a new profile, it still comes up with the red cloaks on the levels like they've all been played.

HOW on earth do you begin a new game from scratch??

JoeBuddha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:How do you start a new game? It won't let me!

[Post New]by JoeBuddha on Sep 23, 17 7:30 AM
I get the same thing. I sent a note to the game company and they said they'd look into it, but that was a few months ago.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How do you start a new game? It won't let me!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 23, 17 8:25 AM
I don't have this game, but based upon another thread it looks like there's a bug in the game code where a new player profile isn't being created correctly. I'd suggest deleting the saved game file to wipe out all your previous progress before reopening the game and then creating a new player just as if you'd installed the game for the very first time.

The saved game file is usually stored under the appdata folder in Windows, so I'd check this filepath for either Elven Legend 4 or a folder named for the game developer which would have the Elven Legend 4 folder within that:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming

Look for an Elven Legend 4 folder in there and delete that folder to remove all the saved game data.

On a Mac (instructions courtesy of another friendly fishie who shared with me, thanks, you know who you are! ):

1. Open Finder.
2. Press Shift+Command+Period to "turn on" hidden files (so you can see them).
3. Navigate to the following path: Macintosh HD/Users/<your user name here>/Library/Application Support.
4. Look for either a folder named for the developer, or an Elven Legend 4 folder. Delete the Elven Legend 4 folder.
5. Press Shift+Command+Period to turn hidden files back off and close finder.

Hope that helps.

Go to: