Anyone know of games similar to Drawn: The Painted Tower??

[Post New]by Nicolldi on Apr 15, 10 8:34 PM
I'm trying to find a game to play that has the feel of Drawn: The Painted Tower...Does anyone have any suggestions?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Anyone know of games similar to Drawn: The Painted Tower??

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 15, 10 8:46 PM
Wow... Drawn is really in a class of its own, in my opinion. Can't think of another that has the same feel to it.

Maybe try Briar Rose and Awakenings? (not the full names) You might like the Dream Chronicles games, too.

[Post New]by BellaSwan_Cullen on Apr 24, 10 11:14 AM
Drawn is very unique, but you can try some of the following games. I think you might enjoy them.
1. Princess Isabella : A Witch's Curse
2. Puppetville : Mystery of Joyville
3. Nightfall Mysteries : Curse of the Opera
4. Love Chronicles The Spell
5. Love & Death : Bitten
6. Haunted Manor : Lord of Mirrors
7. Azada : Ancient Magic
Hope that helps. I'v played them all, and really enjoyed them.

[Post New]by Polly77 on May 2, 10 2:33 AM
Drawn has an interesting mix of fairy tale components and puzzles which, in my opinion, give the game a specific atmosphere. There are two games which are comparable; The Longest Journey and the first Syberia game. The central characters in these both have second outing - Dreamfall for April, Syberia II for Kate.

The games with April are the most comparable as they feature a child in danger who is in an alternative universe/dreamscape. The Longest Journey also features fairytale elements, although Dreamfall moves quite a distance away from this structure.

Syberia comes a close second but, possibly due to the central character being an adult, does not contain fairytale elements - it has a more adult storyline.

As a completely different alternative I would suggest Grim Fandango which is a very entertaining cartoon mix of 1930's gumshoe detective, femme fatal, and engaging puzzles. The characters are well drawn with lashing of humour. This is an older game, but well worth a visit.

I would highly recommend all - enjoy!

[Post New]by LadyJewell on May 3, 10 8:18 PM
anyone know when the next installment is due out?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 4, 10 4:56 AM
September this year.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 25, 10 4:49 PM
Treasure Seekers: Enchanted Canvases has a similar framework of working within pictures to set things right as part of a sister's search for her brother. Probably the biggest difference between the two is that it includes hidden object puzzles whereas Drawn did not. If you absolutely don't like HOGs (hidden object games) then don't worry about checking it out. If you don't mind them, it could be worth a try.

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 7:01:23 PM PST

[Post New]by Violettess on Mar 28, 12 3:17 PM
If you're still looking for a similar game to Drawn: Painted Tower, I'm a fan of both that and Drawn 2, I highly recommend Sphera.

[Post New]by Violettess on Mar 28, 12 3:19 PM
Drawn 3 is also out.

dsrtrosy
Clownfish
Clownfish
677 Posts

[Post New]by dsrtrosy on Mar 29, 12 5:40 AM
Otherworld is similar story-wise. From an art perspective (although gameplay is VERY different) there is always The Tiny Bang story but it seems to be a bit buggy.

The only other games I've found that leave me with much the same feeling that Drawn does is a series of free spot-the-difference story games you can find online, such as the Twisted Fairy Tales and several more by the same developer.

Go to: