skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

How to 3 Star Level 38

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 26, 17 8:46 PM
I don't know, yet!

Pretty Snails is easier to 3-star the levels than Penguin Rescue, but for some reason, level 38 will not start racking up the points. This one should be easy to win, because you don't need to use any gold for boosters; you can create lots of super snails, bombs and colorful bunch of flowers, BUT the most I can get is 2 stars.
I've tried it both ways, as far as clearing all the moss quickly, leaving lots of moves remaining, or almost constantly "blowing up" the board combining powerups, but either way the points won't get up to the 3-star level. I also tried to leave powerups remaining on the board after I clear all the moss and use all the moves, so that points will accumulate at the end.

I'm currently at level 99, and I have gotten 3 stars on all levels except 38, 56, and 66. I figured I would go back and get these before I got to level 150, but when I read the post by SynthpopAddict in the review thread regarding level 38, I decided to start retrying those levels.

So, has anyone been able to get 3 stars yet on this level?

UPDATE: See my post at the bottom of this thread regarding an error on this level.

Edited on 05/03/2017 at 3:40:26 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:How to 3 Star Level 38

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 26, 17 11:07 PM
Oh, and you had me thinking you'd figured the secret to this out because I still can't get it. BTW you're doing better than I am with 3 starring the levels. I have most of them but there are a few in the 50s I can't get.

From what I can tell, 38 must be one of those where you have to get it to keep blowing things up after the level is finished to get to the 750,000 points, but the most I've ever been able to do is around 230,000 because I can't get it to keep on creating powerups on its own to keep blowing the screen up after the level goal is done. The unused moves bonus isn't all that much, seems like it's 3000 points for every move left over. Then I got annoyed about 2 levels later when an extremely long powerup cycle started after the goal was achieved and ran the score up to 1.2 million... [sigh]

[Post New]by nanafun on Apr 30, 17 11:46 AM
I finally got 3 stars on level 38. I had to play level 30 mindlessly several times to get 500 gold. I used this gold to buy extra moves, ended up finishing level 38 with enough extra moves left to earn 900,000 points and therefore 3 stars.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 30, 17 12:40 PM
nanafun,

That's fantastic! Congratulations

I thought I had tried every booster and combo there was, even extra, extra moves, but the most points I could get was 328,000. I had decided to give up, since I figured it was a glitch in the game, but.....I guess I'll have to try again! Good going!

BTW, what level are you currently on, and what is your 3 star count?

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 3, 17 3:43 PM
Just to confirm what some of us thought --- the developers did confirm that an error was made on level 38. They intended the level goal to be 75,000 in lieu of 750,000! The devs are going to fix it, but I don't know for sure whether it will show up here on BFG.

Go to: