bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 16, 10 12:54 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 16, 10 1:42 AM
Half way through the Demo and quit. I just found it uninspiring and rather dull. The graphics left me cold versus what I have purchased recently. It's a no buy for me but will finish the demo when I need a distraction and then delete. I sure hope you can come up with something better so I can fill up my punch card for the month. 2 to go.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 1:43:22 AM PST

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Apr 16, 10 2:03 AM
I totally agree with the last comment. Played for half an hour too and quit ! "Crime and Punishment " a masterpeace in litterature is a not inspired game..Maybe if they had made a real adventure game of it, it would have been good ! A hidden items game, with a dull story, uninteresting mini games and afwfull drawings...There are also bugs in the help to find the items and last but not least, you don't have more than one hint/chapter...
Definitely not a buy for me !!!
Raska

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Apr 16, 10 2:14 AM
Not impressed.

[Post New]by beesmum on Apr 16, 10 2:23 AM
I liked the idea of this game ... unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I've been around a while but don't post often ... so for what it's worth ... too dark (and I don't mind gloomy just not this dark), many objects too small/indistinct, story line strong but lost in the telling. It did not have a stand out feature to compensate for the weaknesses, so I lost interest and will not invest in it.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 16, 10 2:36 AM
One word comes to mind about the game...CHEESY! The story, the music, the graphics and artwork....all were awful. Hints took a full 2 mins to load. You collect an item to get additional hints, but it doesnt tell you how many you have or have left to use. Red dress was actually pink.

Now this I dont know if they did on purpose trying to make it challenging or was a flaw and was just annoying....on the list were coat and shoes.....well there were several of them which meant you have to click on ALL of them until you come across the correct one.

It was very easy and no challenge or thinking at all. I think I only had one mini and it was a simple one that many other games have.

There seems to be several bugs. The cursor turned into an eye in a couple places for no reason. It gave me my hint where I had already gotten an item. The arrow to go to the next room didnt keep up.

One thing I dont like but would put up with on a good game is the credits at the beginning and that's only IF you have to sit through them once, not every time you load.

The only things I found good were you can advance the story if youre a fast reader, the inventory items went with the story and too many misclicks gets you a "cracked glass screen" for 3 seconds which is ok to me.

It wants to be a sophisticated iHOG game with 2 rooms sometimes to look for your list of objects in, it's just NOT good, so bad it's laughable.

This one is a NO WAY! for me, not even on a DD.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 16, 10 4:03 AM
I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying the game. Not overly easy and no piles of junk. I bought it and am glad to see a walkthrough; got stuck a time or two.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Apr 16, 10 4:11 AM
Bad for your eyes if you are over 60 years old.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 16, 10 4:13 AM
Belamba I am in the minority too. I am enjoying the game as well.I haven't had any trouble finding objects. Sometimes I like trying to figure things out on my own rather than being told what to do next. This is a relaxing game for me.

The graphics are quite good on my computer. In 1866 there was no electricity in many places so it was natural for things to be dark. Lit by candle light. Some of the places have a rustic look to them which makes that era seem real.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Apr 16, 10 4:20 AM
I beta tested this game and was not to impresses. The red dress you look for is pink and the 10 finger prints you have to find-some are footprints. I will play the demo but not buy it

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 16, 10 4:35 AM
Hey, Wolfie53 and La Bamba, Great to hear you all liked it, as for me I didn't even bother. It's ok to be in the minority- I feel like that as well.,...when some M3 games come out. But different games, different opinions- so go ahead and have fun and have a great weekend!!! TMann

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Apr 16, 10 5:29 AM
Dark, gloomy and depressing. Items too small - definitely not for anyone with less than perfect vision. Too many items of the same type in the scene. Find a dress - there where soooo many (and it turned out to be pink not red) same with the shoes. My demo ran out as I was stuck trying to find a mirror. There was obviously one on the wall but it wasn't that one!
A no buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 16, 10 5:37 AM
I like the story (interesting theme), the clues are okay to see, sometimes a little bit hard, but still okay. I think I will use a credit one it. I like this game.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 11:01:53 AM PST

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Apr 16, 10 5:47 AM
Thank you all for your comments and reviews, they are really helpful and appreciated.

fouand Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by briteredlips on Apr 16, 10 5:53 AM
I have mixed feelings about this game. While it's true the graphics are somewhat blurry, the items are sometimes really hard to find. Hint system recharges very slowly. Darker scenes are hard on the eyes, to be sure. I found it to be quite challenging but somewhat boring. I have to say no buy for me, but would get as a daily deal.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 16, 10 5:54 AM
I also think this game has potential but too many things wrong,

the story was a bit silly and not that well written - the main characters very unlikeable both of them.
Mini games were bleh - picture ring puzzles and the pool one was so easy it wasn't worth doing.
I liked searching 2 rooms for the objects . Though the story wasn't presented well it still had some intrigue which maybe would keep me playing- the fuzzy graphics I cannot overlook so this game is a no sale here.

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Apr 16, 10 6:27 AM
I already had my doubts about the game after seeing the screen shots. I appreciate your reviews, and I'm not going to bother even trying the demo.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 16, 10 6:27 AM
I quite liked it actually - a bit of a laugh. The characters were quite cute too, especially the way they speak to the innkeeper (Hey man, we're hungry!) and how on earth does Kat think that "red" dress is from 1866????? Overall, I enjoyed it. However, way too short to buy. I got to chapter 14 on the demo and with 22 altogether, I am not going to pay $6.99 for an extra half an hour.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Apr 16, 10 6:57 AM
I value your opinions and always check before buying - no sale for me !

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 16, 10 7:08 AM
CasualGran wrote:Almost finished the demo but I'm giving up and won't buy. I find the game depressing. Dark scenes, no atmosphere, tiny objects, the story doesn't interest me and the minigames are way too easy. Not my cup of tea.

LOL you made it further than me. Apart from everything you said I got fed up of being treated like a naughty schoolgirl and having my knuckles rapped (screen cracking) because I was clicking everywhere trying to find the clapper for the bell.

It really really really makes my blood boil when a developer puts any sort of penalty for misclicking in a game when they are the reason wedo it in the first place. If they made the objects a reasonable size to be recognizable and the graphics clear and non fuzzy so that it is evident what the objects actually are we wouldn't misclick in the first place. Grrrrrrrr.

C

Go to: