Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

4 Elements is the Daily Deal for 4/16!!

[Post New]by Cordia on Apr 16, 10 1:36 AM
Guys, if you have ANY interest in this game, you should absolutely demo it today, because it is a steal at $2.99!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

Re:4 Elements is the Daily Deal for 4/16!!

[Post New]by harlequen on Apr 16, 10 7:17 AM
This was the first game I got from and I still love it, The one who doesn't have it should grab it, You are All very lucky to get it as an DD,

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 16, 10 7:40 AM
I was very happy to see this game today offered as a Daily Deal because I have already thinked about it to purchase it. I have bought it today of course. Ty, Bigfish

[Post New]by HostaHaven on Apr 16, 10 8:16 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game. It was one of my first games and I think I paid close to $20 on another game site before I knew about Big Fish.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 16, 10 9:03 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that I already own it, I'd have to grab it up at the $2.99 price

Give it a whirl to make sure it's your cup of tea, but most who've tried it find it very addictive. I didn't immediately think so, but it's slow-paced at first. Once I realized there were some tactics needed, it got a lot more interesting.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 16, 10 9:26 AM
This is a great game. I have played it many times through completion.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 16, 10 1:16 PM
Nope, not for me! I don't like any game that does not include an un-timed option!!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 16, 10 4:39 PM
Any idea how long it is?

It looks like there is just the 4 books to play and that doesn't seem to be very many levels.

How long did it take you guys to finish it?

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 16, 10 6:15 PM
Never mind, I figured out how many levels by reading other posts. Should have done that first, I guess. D'oh!

Anyway, I bought it. For $2.99 how can I resist??

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 16, 10 6:55 PM
You can't really go wrong for an entertaining game that's on sale for $2.99!!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 17, 10 2:31 PM
HOLY TOLEDO -- this game's ADDICTIVE!!

Lately (after deciding to become a BGF member), I've been looking at the Daily Specials. My normal procedure (since starting to game a couple of months ago) is to choose a game, look at the forum's pros and cons of the game, and often decide to trial test it to get a personal insight; if I purchase the game, I just download it and then shut off my computer and go to bed. I work from 11:00 at night to 7:00 in the morning so I sleep during the day.

This game??? I did the above BUT once it downloaded, I just HAD to go back into it to complete the Earth book -- it took me awhile to learn how to properly use the helps (the bomb, the shovel, etc.) but then I finally did it. Did I shut down my computer and then go to bed?? NOOOOOOOOOOO, I decided to continue to play and complete the Fire book and the next thing I know I'm being poked and nudged to death by my dog (he's a special-needs dog who's now a big lumbering ox -- er, uh, Rottweiler -- shhh, don't let him know I called him that ) and when I look up at the clock, it's 7:15 in the evening and he's reminding me that he gets fed at 6:00 in the evening.

I told him:wait, wait, I'm almost at the very end here and he sits down beside me with a long sigh and at 7:30, I finally shut down the computer with the knowledge that I'll have to go to work with only 2-3 hours sleep,

Unlike Jewels for Cleopatra (whom I can't get to move no matter how many tiles I match before the "thief" is 1/2 way to the artifact), this game is totally a one-on-one basis (you and the computer) and even when I got stuck with 3 layers of horizontally placed rocks -- I was able to see a pattern which allowed me to "dig" my way through and to continue.

I also like the "see the difference" cards at the end of each phase and though they're challenging, it is possible to spot them and there's a meter to show you how many you need to find and how many you've found -- it even has a hint button to help you -- which I almost used except that I spotted the final difference at the last moment.

This game's the best $2.99 I've spent in a long time

MEnr56

Have to get back to the game; er, yeah, did sleep today

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 2:36:17 PM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Apr 18, 10 7:05 PM
I agree with MEnr56. This was one of the best $2.99 games I've bought. Captivating to say the least. I did finish it and it was challenging.

Good luck everyone and happy gaming in the fish pond.

Go to: