Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 29, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/29/2017 at 5:43:12 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Apr 29, 17 5:43 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 29, 17 8:38 AM
Can't say I'm terribly keen on this game; too many tasks we've seen before, like oiling rusty gates, finding odd shaped keys to open everything, feeding stray animals etc. etc. I'm sure it must be very difficult for developers to come up with something we've not seen before but honestly these CE's are getting less and less interesting. The days when they were something special are long gone; now they're just run-of-the-mill.

Graphics are nice enough, HOS are OK but I played the Match-3 alternative for virtually all of them. The puzzles are good but I found some of them impossible to complete. Leading the horse through the obstacles was a nightmare; every two steps I got the '"sorry you lose" message and got taken back to the start I skipped it after the tenth message.

There are lots of collectibles and morphing objects with on-screen icons to tell you if you've found them all. The map shows tasks and transports. The game is fully customisable and the SG seemed adequate.

You do acquire a cat but only briefly; it only helps with one task. You do get a horse that speaks; not exactly Mr Ed, more like My Little Pony with a voice like Tinkerbell. Pretty but a bit silly.

I couldn't get up much enthusiasm for this game; like Thursday's CE, it's nothing special so money saved this week. Back to Fables of the Kingdom for me

No technical issues with the demo with lasted 86 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 04/29/2017 at 8:38:39 AM PST

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Apr 29, 17 1:54 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!
You've been warned.

My first impression, during the beginning cut-scene was: "Keep your eyes on the dang road, sis!"
....And they say don't judge a book by it's first impressions ....
(I'm kidding).
Anyway, that cut-scene had me worried as to how the rest of the demo would go.

First off: playing on Win7 64bit with no issues downloading or installing.
I had a lot of lag in the beginning of demo but when I exited and entered again, it played fine.
No issues with the custom mouse.
I did, however, turn the music WAY down on the title page. That clinky-clanky music is not compatible with these ears (too many rock concerts in the 80's & 90's lol).

Before I go further, I do want to mention on the horse mini-game. I read in forums a player skipped because it was next to impossible. Highlight to read:
I clicked and held the horse thru that game. Click, hold, move mouse. End.

The game is decent enough. It's aliens, not demons, btw.
Graphics are awesome.
I only played the demo but I'd bet my shiny penny The Story-Line is a mathematical certainty.
Morphing objects were not easy to find.
The collectables were easy.
I'll wait a bit for the SE and see how I feel then.

Would I recommend this game? Yes, for ones new to the genre.
Would I purchase this game? I mean, I already know what will happen. Maybe as an SE after we get all our reviews and tech issues in forums.

Happy gaming all! Enjoy your weekend!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 29, 17 5:31 PM
Hi all! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others, who do a much better job than I. Graphics in this addition are quite ice, even with the blur you get going in and out of cut scenes. Colors are very clear, bright and true. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo and the scenes fit my large screen very well. Animation is excellent, with eye, mouth and body movements. Voices are nicely done and are age and character appropriate. At least they don't sound like someone is just reading from a script. You can click through the dialog if you read faster than they speak, without missing any of the story line or clues. Music is okay and does not over-power the voices or sound FX. The sound FX are very well done and constant throughout the game. I did have to laugh when Sanderion was injured and bleeding. All he needed was a bandage wrap to stop it, when in reality, he would have bled to death with that much bleeding. A bit over the top on that, but I guess we aren't supposed to notice things like that.

HOPs are wonderful and varied. I liked how we also had puzzles within a HOP. Scenes are clear and items were not difficult to find. We do have a match 3 if you prefer that over the HOPs. Puzzles were somewhat challenging and fun...good thing you can choose easy or hard. They do take some time and thought to complete. Very well done. Hint system is very helpful, but I didn't see that we have a transport feature, unless it shows up later in the game. This has happened with a few other games. However, we do have what I feel is the perfect jump map. It has everything, pictures of every location, along with the location name and whether or not you missed a collectible. We even have a portal to other worlds, and a very nice story. What else do we need?

Collectibles are many...we have to find 20 artifacts; 64 gems of various colors and 20 morphing plants. These can be quit challenging, as some of the items are pretty small and not as easy to see as you think. That's why the map is so helpful. It's easy to miss something and it tells you if you have. The more collectibles, the happier I am.

I liked the last one in this series, but not as much as I like this one. The story is interesting and pulled me in from the beginning. I don't know if the demos was short, or if I just got so engrossed in the game that I didn't realize how fast the time went, but I was disappointed when it ended. This is #6 in this series, and yes, I am going to add it to my ever growing CE list. I think this one will appeal to all levels of players, mostly because even if you are a beginner, you can choose the difficulty that fits your level best. I do not give 5 stars easily, as a game has to be exceptional in all areas for that. This one fell short because of the blurry cut scenes when going in or out of the scene. Still, I gave this one a 4.75.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: The Devil's Tower Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by rainworm on Apr 29, 17 11:58 PM
First of all, I like Domini and the 2 latest games of this series were VERY good (story, artwork, HOS, puzzles - real quality entertainment)
Played the beta of this one, expected similar quality and had one first big disappointment: why do we get a helper and why is this such a strange figure (horse with Mickey Mouse voice)? Second: We have a bit too much of those gimmicks or repeted puzzles to activate an amulet or the like. Third: the story is not a new one but sort of 2nd part of the Easter Islands', the game before.

On the other hand we again have great artwork, HOS, puzzles and with the BOGO this weekend I got the CE and hope, the critical points won't work out as too heavy impact on the whole.

As said, I bought the game and have played now (not the whole game but some of it). The helper horse is a short living thing and we loose her soon after her task has been done, as we had the cat for the ripping of the curtain only. So the helper problem seems solved after the demo! The story enfolds and the theme is good enough to be spun further in this game! All in all, I am glad, I purchased and wasn't taken aback by the one or other misgrip in the demo.

Edited on 04/30/2017 at 8:26:37 AM PST

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Apr 30, 17 2:21 PM
To dancmom1 - Thank you for not telling the story. You always post the same thing on all your post - I will leave story telling to others who do a much better job than I. I personally thank you again, they do not do better than you just copy better I guess. I like to read the reviews on the games but why so many put the very story that is already written on the first page where you play or buy the game. WHY REPEAT? The rest of your review is always interesting. I know this is suppose to be a PM but it seems that this rule seems to never be followed.

I enjoyed playing this game because I guess I am bored as I have a bad case of asthma/bronchitis and cant do much else but wheeze. I too would love to see some modern day games produced more often. I don't even like TV shows of the old days. I do have some horses that I wish could talk (yes I do wear a mask on asthma days) I was surprised that I actually was able to un-zipper a backpack on first time, not broken?? But then I only played demo with no tech problems. I am sure there is lots of rust and locks to come.

[Post New]by rhodalumpkin on May 1, 17 1:54 AM
I did a Beta test on this one and Bonfire Stories. Saved them both in the game manager to make sure I didn't forget I REALLY wanted to buy them. Seems like it took forever for this one to be released but it's finally here, YAY. Now waiting on the next one. I loved the beta test of this one so I didn't need to demo it, bought it right away.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 20, 17 4:49 PM
I loved the game, but it ended with me needing 4 more pearls.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on May 20, 17 4:52 PM
lost my review. Thought the crystals were pretty cool looking

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on May 25, 17 11:15 PM
Based on completing this game I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I thought I would And I agree with the positive reviews my talented fellow Fishies write
The colors, graphics and vo's were fine and I actually played most of the mini-games (usually not my favorite part of a game Storyline and flow of game were fine.
The collectibles, pearls and morphing objects were easy to keep up with ((our Doggies have a habit of many interruptions when I sit down to play always "just gotta go" ooorrrrrr get the paper towels ! ))

All in all I'm giving this one out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale and...
I played on desktop PC running Win. 10 with no problems.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 10:03 AM
Although this game is lacking in the logic department, I love how Labyrinths of the World centers around controversial Ancient Alien icons of the world, Stonehenge, Easter Island and now Devil's Tower. Devil's Tower is the Nation's first National Monument, sitting across the state line of northeast Wyoming nestled in the Belle Fourche River Valley, and was made famous in the movie Close Encounters. The once hidden Tower has always been there, but over time, erosion stripped away the softer rock material, exposing the 1,267 foot megalithic granite stump. Devil's Tower is considered sacred by most Native Americans, who believe the grooves on the tower were caused by a giant bear while chasing several young Indian maidens. If you think about it, this is a perfect setting for this Alien themed game, and the perfect monument to disguise a portal to another alien world, Fractal-S.
How do you stop an alien that commands the power of air and earth, an alien that is invulnerable to all known weapons? The real answer is, you can't, so to make the game interesting, logic has to be thrown to the bear who clawed the grooves, otherwise, it would be a very sad game where nobody survives, right? Great, now that we've gotten our heads wrapped around that, this is the part that I explain about Herring, the talking horse! I must admit, this scenario was a BIG mistake. Not only did they make a beautiful horse talk, but they gave her a horrible, whiny, irritating and fake sounding voice. At first, I thought the way we would communicate was by putting together symbols to figure out what concerned her, in a broken, unspoken language, but nope, they had to give her an actual voice. In this Collector's Edition version, there are 64 hidden Pearls to find and use to buy items for the Secret Lair (I never understood the appeal of this feature?) 20 Morphing Unique Flowers of the World, and 20 hidden Native American Artifacts.
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied with Interactive List finds, Multiples of the same Objects, and Keywords in a Story finds. The items are fairly clear and recognizable. You can opt to play a Match 3 game instead of the HOP's.
The Mini Games are creative and there's a ton of them to boot, and are available in Easy and Hard modes. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Swap beads to recreate the picture.
2) Restore the picture puzzle strips, 1 or 2 pieces at a time depending on difficulty.
3) Navigate through the maze without getting caught, interacting with the scene's objects and hiding in bushes.
4) Create a continuous connection by rotating rings, moving one ring may affect others.
5) Select and place gemstones onto purple spheres, the goal is to match blue lines from gemstones until they form a pattern.
6) Move the green gem to the exit, the gem will transport to a highlighted slot with each move.
7) Remove flower vines starting with the top most first.
8) Find and select the objects in the scene as shown on the flower petals.
9) Guide Herring while avoiding obstacles in her path.
10) Answer all the questions (about the game) correctly.
This Collector's Edition has 19 Concept Art pictures, 23 Wallpapers, 5 Music Soundtracks, 31 Achievements to earn, 20 Morphing Flowers, 20 Artifacts, 64 hidden Pearls to buy items for the Secret Lair, 26 Videos, 23 replayable Mini Games, 20 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Go to: