limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

CHAPTERS 1 & 2

[Post New]by limey_scale on Apr 16, 10 6:20 AM
At the 1st destination (Mr. Raskolnikovs House) I get 2 dialogue boxes come up on the scene at the same time, the 1st box is about Rodion's Bill of Debt and the 2nd box asks to investigate Mr. Raskolnikovs room thoroughly. As soon as I click on the scene, both boxes disappear and I get a blue GIA box telling me the initial investigation is complete and takes me onto the Old Womans House. I haven't investigated anything! The walkthrough mentions looking for objects with red stripes along with the other 3 items (letter A etc). I also noticed that there was nothing listed (commands) on the right hand side above the inventory box.
Any thoughts?

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:CHAPTERS 1 & 2

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Apr 16, 10 8:21 AM
I had the same problem. I found if you move the mouse around the right column that the box will drop down and a list of items to find will pop up. Not all items will pop up at once and some do not make much sense (knifes)

Hope this helps,
Unlikely I will get this game,
Blessings,
LucyMarie

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Apr 17, 10 9:16 PM
Same here. Cannot get this to work although the rest of the game runs fine. Tried right columns. What right columns? Really stumped as I don't see this has been a problem for many. Gotta be me. Help.

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Apr 18, 10 7:22 PM
I am not new to BigFish but I am new to the forums. Can anyone please please please explain why I cannot do chapters 1 & 2? I go immediately to the document going into inventory as stated in this first post from limeyscale. I am totally mystified!

sal86mine
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sal86mine on Apr 19, 10 4:40 AM
I DIDN'T FINISHED CHAPTERS 1 & 2 WITHOUT PICKING UP THE 12 OBJECTS, LETTER, CANDELABRA AND FEATHER, BECAUSE IT WAS SKIPPING TO OLD WOMAN'S WITHOUT INVESTIGATE AT MR. RASKOLNIKOV'S HOUSE. I FEEL THAT CHAPTERS 1 & 2 NEEDS TO BE FIXED BADLY. I CANNOT PLAY WITHOUT CHAPTERS 1 & 2. MANY THANKS.

CHAPTERS 1 & 2

[Post New]by cmdrtamen on Apr 19, 10 3:14 PM
limey_scale wrote:At the 1st destination (Mr. Raskolnikovs House) I get 2 dialogue boxes come up on the scene at the same time, the 1st box is about Rodion's Bill of Debt and the 2nd box asks to investigate Mr. Raskolnikovs room thoroughly. As soon as I click on the scene, both boxes disappear and I get a blue GIA box telling me the initial investigation is complete and takes me onto the Old Womans House. I haven't investigated anything! The walkthrough mentions looking for objects with red stripes along with the other 3 items (letter A etc). I also noticed that there was nothing listed (commands) on the right hand side above the inventory box.
Any thoughts?

[Post New]by cmdrtamen on Apr 19, 10 3:17 PM
Yes, you guys are absolutely right. I have the same trouble. No matter what I do I cannot make the 1st chapter work right. I tried the suggestion of running the cursor over the right side of the screen and that did not work either. This is a programming bug that should be fixed as the game cannot be played properly. Please let me know if you hear of this being corrected.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Apr 19, 10 3:30 PM
HELP...I am sure that this is a silly question...but I can't start the journey. I have 2 people standing on either side of their destination, and I don't know how to make them GO...I don't see what to do to make them travel.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thanks...A sad case here..

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Apr 23, 10 10:09 PM
Hi,

Obviously, I am not the only one experiencing problems with Chapters 1 & 2.
I have contacted CS and waiting on a reply and will post any solutions on this thread to maybe help you other fishies
Limey_scale UK

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Apr 23, 10 11:37 PM
Hi Fishies,
CS got back to me with a link to update my video card drivers, unfortunately, my computer would not allow me to shame, because I like the look of this game.
Anyway, I suggest you contact CS and see if your problems can be resolved.
The CS team at BF are excellent and hopefully can help you all.
Good luck
Angie UK

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Apr 24, 10 12:26 PM
I also contacted CS. They are usually very good. This time I don't think they read the message. I got back the same reply as to normal fixes. Drivers, flash, shockwave, Dr Felix. They also referred to an error message. I don't get an error message. I simply told them what was happening which is obviously a glitch. Oh well, on to other games! What a shame.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Apr 25, 10 10:27 PM
Hi stasibug,
I got the same feedback from them but did as they asked and replied to them. They looked further into it for me but my problem couldn't be resolved, which was just one of those things. Anyway, give it a go because you never know and make sure you tell them that you had no error message.
Good luck
Angie UK

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Apr 27, 10 8:36 PM
Hello LimeyScale. Thank you so much for your reply. I also tried their remedies to no avail (except for Dr Felix). Have done Dr Felix before and not much luck with it. I just cannot fathom a computer problem doing what it does to the first of the game to us. However, I could be wrong. Anyway, I still think BigFish is the best.

Go to: