Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Big City Adventure: Rome here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 1, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 5:36:41 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Big City Adventure: Rome here.

[Post New]by fifimarch on May 1, 17 5:21 AM
HI. How do you make the game screen bigger? Under options, the full screen option is checked but the screen is much smaller than all the other versions of Big City Adventures. Any suggestions? I have windows 10 operating system. Thanks!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 5:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Murphistopheles on May 1, 17 9:49 AM
I have the same small screen display issue for Big City Adventures - Rome, which I installed this morning. I am on Windows 10, and have tried all the traditional "fixes" - including changing the resolution, and trying various compatibility settings with NO luck. The display is still small - about 1/3 of the available screen. Any other ideas for how to correct this?

As far as the response "go into options and check maximum quality" goes - options where? There is no option for this within the game, so where is this magic fix?

Edited on 05/02/2017 at 5:53:06 AM PST

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Small Box

[Post New]by jpabich on May 1, 17 10:14 AM
My game also shows up in a small "post-card sized" box. I am also on Windows 10. I have no problems with any of the other BFG games, so I'm assuming this is a problem with the game.

I would have usually just purchased this game without the demo, as I have all the other BCA games. I'm glad I didn't on this one.

Please fix this ASAP so we can go on this Roman adventure!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 10:16 AM
Hi Murphistopheles,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing display issues when trying to play this game on your Windows 10 system. Thank you for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps from the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Windows 10

Since it sounds like further assistance is needed, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the active moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

dikins411
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dikins411 on May 1, 17 11:50 AM
fifimarch wrote:HI. How do you make the game screen bigger? Under options, the full screen option is checked but the screen is much smaller than all the other versions of Big City Adventures. Any suggestions? I have windows 10 operating system. Thanks!
G

Go into options and click maximum quality and it will make the screen bigger.

dikins411
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Small Box

[Post New]by dikins411 on May 1, 17 11:53 AM
jpabich wrote:My game also shows up in a small "post-card sized" box. I am also on Windows 10. I have no problems with any of the other BFG games, so I'm assuming this is a problem with the game.

I would have usually just purchased this game without the demo, as I have all the other BCA games. I'm glad I didn't on this one.

Please fix this ASAP so we can go on this Roman adventure!

Go into options and check maximum quality and it will make your screen bigger.

dikins411
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Small Box

[Post New]by dikins411 on May 1, 17 11:55 AM
jpabich wrote:My game also shows up in a small "post-card sized" box. I am also on Windows 10. I have no problems with any of the other BFG games, so I'm assuming this is a problem with the game.

Please fix this ASAP so w
e can go on this Roman adventure!

Go into options and check maximum quality and your screen will be bigger.

[Post New]by sobosdonna on May 1, 17 12:57 PM
Same issues here for Windows 10. The box is checked for full screen but the screen size is less than 1/2 of my screen. So small as to not be playable.

[Post New]by champlyn on May 2, 17 1:35 PM
I'm having the same issue. You say go into "Options" and set "Maximum quality". Where is this. There is no option like this within the game.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on May 2, 17 7:33 PM
When I try to play this game, I get a Direct X error-Anyone else have this issue??? Any solutions???

[Post New]by Jenny_Jiver on May 3, 17 7:45 AM
I, too, am having the same problem. "My game also shows up in a small "post-card sized" box. I am also on Windows 10. I have no problems with any of the other BFG games, so I'm assuming this is a problem with the game." Sounds like Tech support is going to be verry busy with this one.

[Post New]by westielover on May 3, 17 8:00 AM
Same here with small game playing screen. Am also on windows 10 have deleted game as unplayable for me

[Post New]by rabbytat on May 4, 17 9:55 AM
I, too, have had the small game window problem but found I am able to play this game on my old laptop with Windows 7 and a much older graphics card. What is really puzzling though is not being able to use graphics acceleration on my new laptop which has an amazing graphics card.

Best of luck to everyone struggling to play this game!

[Post New]by champlyn on May 4, 17 1:19 PM
I wish we would hear back from the tech people. I can't believe I need a new card because my laptop is brand new and Windows 10. It sounds like so many people are having the same problem I would think it has to be the game and not us. Hope they get it resolved soon. I was really excited to see the new game. I can't wait to play.

[Post New]by kochergirl on May 5, 17 1:27 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Windows 10 and small screen making the game unplayable. Glad I didn't purchase before trying it out.

bwsw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bwsw on May 5, 17 4:06 PM
Have Windows 10. Have set the options at Full Screen & Max Quality. Makes no difference; still small screen. No reason to buy it until problems fixed.

[Post New]by bleuwater9 on May 7, 17 8:37 AM
Please address this issue. I have been a BF customer for so many years that I don't even know how long... and I have bought many, many games. I am not a novice. I have tried everything in your help section regarding this issue and many other "fixes" - nothing works. If I can't play this game then I will uninstall and I will need a refund.

This is a new laptop. Windows 10 64 bit. The game also changed my browser to where everything was tiny and I had to try restore my toolbar menu etc.

Edited on 05/07/2017 at 8:40:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Yankeegirl22 on May 15, 17 4:34 PM
I am having the same issue as described above. Adjusting the screen size does not help. Every other game I have purchased, including several Big City Adventure series, do not have this problem. I also have Windows 10.

Go to: