Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Big City Adventure: Rome here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 1, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/01/2017 at 5:37:53 AM PST

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

[Post New]by silkywings on May 1, 17 1:55 AM
There are 12 Big City Adventure Games (London has two) and this is my lucky 13. I have waited a long time for this one and wondered what city they would pick. Its time for sand and sandals. This gal is smitten with Rome.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Big City Adventure: Rome here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 5:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Big City Adventure: Rome here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Big City Adventure: Rome.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on May 1, 17 7:01 AM
I have been waiting for BCA to go to Italy! I adore Italy and everything Italian! I had a feeling it would be Rome!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 1, 17 8:02 AM
Hi all! Okay, I admit it, I'm a Big City junkie. I love these silly games, and I have every single one of them. They are nothing but straight HOPs, but they are relaxing and fun for me. The graphics are better with this addition, and colors are quite nice. Not sure why they give us a button to adjust the voice volume, because there aren't any. No sound FX, just music that can get annoying very quickly. The one thing I have always not cared for in these games, is the extremely blurry postcards...why? I would never send anyone a postcard that looked like that!

The HOPs have been cleaned up a bit. They used to be quite cluttered and items were very small, but this is much better. Still, not all items on your list jump off the page at you either. Some are quite well hidden and blended into the scenery. We have to find 60 shields in this one, which are quite large, brightly colored, and very easy to see. Don't know what you get at the end when you find them all, but I'm going to find out.

Not much of a review for this one...just a nice HOP for a change. If you like the others in this series, you will like this one. It's a nice change from the creepy, scary, kidnapped stories we get all the time. Yes, I am going to add this one to my Big City pile.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the review.

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on May 1, 17 9:51 AM
I love these games and own all of them. They are pure hidden object which I much prefer over the HOG that you have to search here, there, and everywhere and still do not know where to go. I hope they continue to come out with these games there are still a lot of cities to tour.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on May 1, 17 2:27 PM
I would have liked to have seen a place to replay the scene for better points. You can do that in the Vacation Adventure which I am sure is made by same people. Did I miss it anywhere? Otherwise I like these old style hidden object games and even the simple little mini-games between the scenes.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on May 1, 17 2:31 PM
I love straight hidden object games such as this one...but I do have a beef.....I can never play the Big City Adventure games on windows 10 fullscreen so that always deter me from buying them....I also hate minigames and there are alot of them...does anyone know how to get around the black bars on the side of the game? I can't find where I can play in compatibility mode either.....

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on May 2, 17 1:24 PM
I'm on Round 35 of this latest BCA game and am going to take a break because I have a crick in my neck from staring at the screen for so long! Like a lot of you, I also have all of the BCA games and began to despair of ever seeing another one but thankfully, Jolly Bear Games didn't forget about us (I sent them 3 emails to remind them that we were still here waiting for the next one).

I'm glad this one has the minigame where you have to move the ball around and bounce it off blocks to get it into the hole. For those who haven't gotten to Round 30 yet, that one was tricky and it took me 7 tries to get it. I've never liked the minigame that involves the check marks, question marks, and X's when you move something (in this case, cups of gelato) into the boxes. I rarely use a Skip coin but I occasionally make an exception for this particular minigame.

After I straighten out my neck and grab a bite to eat (haven't eaten since I started playing the game this morning), I'll be right back at it.

Edited on 05/02/2017 at 8:01:00 PM PST

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 2, 17 6:29 PM
I love the 'Big City Adventure' games, the only thing I do not like is the fact that if you have played the game at another site and when you take it up again (where ever), it DOESN'T save your progress, you have to start all over from the beginning and I also do not like the the skipping premise (do not like that you have to use a coin to skip, they need to handle it like other games, hit a button after it has charged).

And it sure took a long time for it to come to Big Fish, I played it at another site back in January.

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on May 2, 17 8:11 PM
And it sure took a long time for it to come to Big Fish, I played it at another site back in January.

It was available somewhere else?! I assumed Big Fish would get it first so I didn't bother checking anywhere else. I'd been checking this site at least once a day for months and months and was frankly shocked when I saw it come up today... I'd been getting used to being disappointed every day. But since you said it didn't retain your progress after playing it on the other site, I guess I'm glad I waited to get it here at Big Fish.

I just finished my first run-through and although I enjoyed the scenes and the minigames (except that gelato one), I was once again disappointed that finding the shield in each scene led to absolutely no payoff at the end. I can't remember which BCA game it was (I have all of them and have played them multiple times) but one that stands out is that we collected a sandcastle in each scene and at the end of the game, there was a jigsaw-type puzzle to put together that had what looked like stamps of different sandcastles. It was just an extra game to play but that's been missing in the last few BCA's. I guess they figure we'll be satisfied with just getting the Achievement of finding all of the "secret" items.

The best thing was that at the end of the game, there was a hint that Grandma had an idea for the next adventure and on the final screen, they had "Big City Adventure 14 ?" That gives me hope that there will be another one forthcoming but I hope there's not as much time between them as there was between Shanghai and Rome. I'd love to see them do BCA's for Las Vegas, Athens, Dublin, and Edinburgh, to name a few.

I've had a full day of BCA Rome so I'm off to bed now but I'll play it again tomorrow.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 2, 17 11:11 PM
cal711 wrote:

It was available somewhere else?!

Yep and I was surprised at how long it took for it to finally get here. Usually there is only a week or two before other sites get them. I even asked BF why it was taking so long for it to arrive here.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on May 4, 17 1:31 PM
The game looks good but I got a time out penalty after the first 2 or 3 clicks in the HO scene. Therefore it is a no buy for me. Too bad.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 12, 17 12:08 PM
Thanks for finally bringing back some fun enjoyable games instead of the gory stuff!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 18, 17 5:09 PM
I love this series and have all of them... a wonderful game to spend some leisure time and learn some fun facts about the different locations that are visited. Kudos to the devs for bringing us some lighthearted fun

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by divaprods on May 27, 17 9:16 AM
I should really try out a game before buying it even if I like the series.
This game was so annoying. 1. They kept going back and forth to the same places. There are many more places to explore in Rome. 2. You basically have to find the same thing in each place, they just changed them around a little. 3. I have lived in Rome, I never saw buddah statues everywhere. How about some authentic objects?

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jul 5, 17 1:24 PM
Has anyone NOT at least demoed at least one of these? Objects are generally a bit more "hidden" and therefore harder to find than in previous ones. Scenes are attractively done so that it's not too much of a drag going back to them later on. Same variety of minigames but tailored for the Rome theme. You have a shield to look for also, don't forget like I always do.

Cute! Think I'll add this one when there's a sale.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 9:42 AM
Big City Adventure is a fantastic HOG series that takes us to famous cities all around the world. There are 11 other BCA games available, this adventure takes us to some of the most famous tourist locations in Rome. This is purely a Hidden Object game, with a puzzle available after each location is complete. You will visit popular tourist attractions throughout Rome, such as the Colosseum, Musei Capitolini, and the Roman Forum. You can choose a Timed or Relaxed mode, and you can opt to show zoomed in areas or turn off riddle descriptions.
Each Hidden Object Scene has a hidden Roman Shield to find, that isn't on the list, for a total of 60. Each scene also has Bonus Coins (again, not on the list) there are Hint Coins, Time Coins that add either 2 or 5 minutes to the timer, Point Coins that add either 1 or 5k points to your score, and Skip Coins which will allow you to skip any puzzle. Each scene has one area that can be zoomed into, and usually has 2 items hidden within, that are listed in blue text. Unless you opted for no riddles in the option settings, there will be at least one item listed in the form of a riddle, or brief description.
After each and every HOG, you will solve a Mini Game or puzzle such as, connecting the Noodle, finding the correct sequence of objects in a word search type puzzle, clicking on groups of 2 or more in a Match 3 type game, selecting the right sequence of colored cupcakes, until they are in the correct order as indicated by green light means the correct place, yellow means the cupcake is in the wrong place and red means the cupcake isn't used at all.
This is a wonderful series that takes us to beautiful countries, and explains interesting facts about some of the most popular tourist attractions. In my opinion, this game is meant to be enjoyed as a family activity, easy enough for the kids (or grandkids) to participate, and interesting enough for adults to enjoy too. Pack your bags HOG fans, you're going on an adventure, enjoy!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 17, 17 8:50 PM
Oh my, I still love these simply hidden object Big City Adventures and have them all. This series I play at my leasure and can pick it up whenever I'm in the mood, play as long as I want and know everything will be in it's place when I return
I agree with all the positive reviews given by my fellow Fishies with good penmanship at describing gameplay ,--thank you all
This little beauty is getting out of possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with no problems.

Edited on 07/17/2017 at 8:51:26 PM PST

Go to: