Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for 4 Aztec Skulls here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 2, 17 1:17 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/02/2017 at 6:29:33 AM PST

madgicsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 4 Aztec Skulls here.

[Post New]by madgicsh on May 2, 17 1:56 AM
This is EXACTLY the same game I bought from **** on 13 November 2016, as "Adelantado 4 Aztec Skulls".

If BigFish continue to be 7 months behind on releases I don't see much future for the company.

A poor sequel to the Adelantado series, probably why Fishies dropped the name?

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on May 2, 17 3:15 AM
Thanks for the tip. I checked and I also bought the game under the name you mentioned from another site in December of 2016. I vaguely remember not being very impressed at the time.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on May 2, 17 4:41 AM
That makes sense. I thought that was the reason for delayed introductions also. I've seen it before but thankfully, not very often. I have found BF the most up-to date with offerings and of course, will stick with them.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 2, 17 6:07 AM
I bought this game after trying the demo, so managed to use up a PCC before it expired!

Almost identical game-play to Roads Of Rome, so nothing too complicated to figure out. The usual bright clear graphics as always from this dev, along with the typical 'road clearing, building and upgrading various structures' type of play that is by now a genre of it's own. The only downside I can see is that you can't 'chain' actions; if there's no worker free you have to wait for one before you can allocate a task. Bit of a drag really and there's no excuse to not include it (in my opinion). It may of course be available in the other modes but it wasn't in relaxed mode.

Also like ROR, there are secret places where silver is buried. They can be bumps in the road, hidden in rocks or behind trees etc. For me, one of the best parts of these games is trying to find them! You do get a summary at the end of each level, which will show you if you found them all or not.

There are 4 modes of play; easy, normal, hard and thank you devs for the relaxed option I always play through these games first without the timer to get a feel for the strategies needed and to find those hidden secrets!

Far too few of this type of game are made now; even the wonderful Royal Envoy series seems to have ended, which is a real shame. So I buy almost anything like this game that gets released, whilst still waiting for the next 'Gardens Inc.'! Hurry up with that one please

If you enjoyed ROR you'll like this game as it's pretty much exactly the same! I had no technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: I have never played the Adelanto games; I didn't like any of them so the only comparisons I can make are with ROR. And the more I play this game, the more I like it; yes it's pretty much a carbon copy of ROR, just with different characters but it's my type of game and I'm enjoying every minute

Edited on 05/03/2017 at 5:08:30 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 2, 17 6:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on 4 Aztec Skulls here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on 4 Aztec Skulls.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 2, 17 6:56 AM
Okay, I give up. There are now two levels where I missed one cache. Are they always marked with a ? if moused over, or do I have to click every pixel on the screen?

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on May 2, 17 9:20 AM
If you like the Roads of Rome games then you'll like this one. The gameplay is pretty much a clone of ROR: New Generation. I played through it all and I enjoyed it but I have to admit I was a tad disappointed that they changed the wonderful, and kind of unique format of the previous Adelantado games.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 2, 17 9:49 AM
I too was very disappointed in this game which I though would be a fourth Adelantado game. ROR is OK for a very short time and then I get bored with it so I've only been through it once. Adelantado 3 has been played many times and remains one of my favorites. This is a pale shadow of 3.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on May 2, 17 11:34 AM
As others, I demo'd Adelantado 4 Aztec Skulls on another site.
I didn't appreciate it then, I don't appreciate it now.
In no way, shape or form does this remotely resemble the much loved Adelantado Trilogy games!
I guess that's why they took Adelantado out of the name for the Big Fishies, as madgicsh previously stated.

Let me backtrack (breath, Heather, breath):
The music (which I love) is the same as in the Trilogy games.
...And we view the chapters the same as we would in the Trilogy games.
This is, as others have stated, a RoR TM with Adelantado's characters.
That's it. Period.
But I played only 2 levels in demo (twice. on this site and on the other).

I think, maybe, if I didn't own the Adelantado Trilogy, I would appreciate this game.
But I, along with many others, expected something totally different.

To each their own.
Happy gaming, all!

edited to credit madgicsh. Sorry, didn't see your review before posting mine

Edited on 05/02/2017 at 11:39:53 AM PST

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on May 2, 17 1:53 PM
Does anyone, other than myself, observe that the character on the opening screen has his feet on BACKWARDS?

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 2, 17 5:55 PM
Ivonova, thanks for the good chuckle, it does look like it, but at the same time, it would appear that he also has short legs. At second glance, though, he is actually on his knees!

As far as a review, so far so good. I haven't bought the game yet, but I'm considering it. You can't compare it the the Adelantado trilogy, because this game was intended to be a time management game like ROR. Even though I'm not a "time management" lover, I did like both Roads of Rome series, as well as the Adelantado strategy games. I like them both for the type of game they are supposed to be.

If another game site advertised this as Adelantado 4, then shame on them!
But I wish the devs would come out with a true sequel, and I would definitely buy that one, too.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 2, 17 7:05 PM
As a huge ROR fan - and not of the last game in the series - I was disappointed in this one. Same hidden caches which drove me wild on the last game. But the rest is fine. Just wish they would come out with something like the old ROR or MKFTP games. I don't buy many new games - just keep replaying these - why can't you all come out with another one of the original games??? Ready for a new challenge, but this was not what I'd waited for. Did buy it though because there is nothing else.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on May 2, 17 8:02 PM
I bought the game but really wish they would come out with an addition to Adelantado instead of this combination of two different games. I do not like this one as much as the original Adelantado. I have played that game .. all of them..over and over. It would seem it was a money maker so why not do another sequel like the original instead of this? I thought the cave man ridiculous in Aztec Skulls and the story line was kinda lame.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 2, 17 10:54 PM
I'm so on the fence with this one. I was so excited thinking it was another Adelantado so was naturally disappointed to find it's been structured into a build/collect/gather game. This style just sucks the life out of the story. Plus having to send your workers to collect from the sawmill or farm is annoying. I suppose it would be fine if I had my hero to go bushwhacking secret-hunting but I don't. I'm finding myself running out of time before finding all secrets sometimes. The lack of the skill-stones is sorely missed as well as the workers are slow as molasses, and building a cobbler really doesn't help much because you have to send a worker to collect the darned thing. Sounds like I just talked myself out of this one.

But I do want to take a sec here and address this crazy idea floating around out there among developers that "no one wants just an adventure game". What complete hooey. We're screaming for them - we do it almost every week when we cry "Same ol' same ol' " to the latest HOPA. I understand straight adventure takes more brain and programming power (=$$) but I would be totally fine with the old full pricing structure for a good game like Adelentado, the monthly "yippee!" sales for Members Only, and dump the formulaic junk from Eipix that has driven the prices down. I think I'm going to start calling them Wal-Pix, LOL!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 3, 17 4:55 AM
Valkara wrote:Okay, I give up. There are now two levels where I missed one cache. Are they always marked with a ? if moused over, or do I have to click every pixel on the screen?

Yes they are always marked with a ?

Some are hard to see, that's why I play in relaxed mode first so I don't lose time looking for them. So far I've also had to replay 2 levels to get the last cache!

If I get time (and have the patience!), I'll replay the levels, note where all the caches are and post them; unless, of course, someone else does it first (I hope!)

finegael
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by finegael on May 3, 17 12:46 PM
I loved Roads of Rome, this one, not so much.
Wish there was a walk-through.

midnyter5555
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by midnyter5555 on May 3, 17 1:57 PM
unforgivable you can not cue your moves,,, makes it a auto no buy for me

SCDP
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by SCDP on May 3, 17 4:51 PM
I find the game very enjoyable and challenging at the hard level. For me, it definitely feels like a Roads of Rome version, and it's been awhile since a new game came out. So, I happily bought it...

While no multi-click can be a pain, I find it forces you to pay attention and actually use the proximity of tasks more effectively.

I encourage **** to come out with more releases in their various Time Management Series'

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on May 3, 17 5:46 PM
Basic of basics with this type of game.... Being able to click ahead.

Edited on 05/03/2017 at 5:46:44 PM PST

Go to: