glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

How do you find the shovels?

[Post New]by glb613 on Apr 16, 10 3:14 PM
I've been playing for a while and have yet to find a way to get any shovels. I can't progress until I do. Any suggestions?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

How do you find the shovels?

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 17, 10 10:16 AM
glb613 wrote:I've been playing for a while and have yet to find a way to get any shovels. I can't progress until I do. Any suggestions?

The Shovels are a tool produced by the Forge. You have to do the Research first (click on the town center to see the Research Scroll) and then after that the Forge will produce them occasionally.

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Wlalkthrough yet? It has instructions for each chapter as well as marked screenshots showing examples of each resource. It will show you what the Shovels look like, which can help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:How do you find the shovels?

[Post New]by glb613 on Apr 17, 10 2:20 PM
Thanks for the information. I've looked at the walkthrough but to be honest, I'm not sure where I am in the game. All I know is I need shovels to progress.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 22, 10 6:32 PM
The good news is, if you need shovels, you'll be able to make them.

Start by clicking on the City Center. Look at the Research Scroll. In particular check the Forge. Are there any research items there that you haven't done yet, particularly the Shovels? If so, click on them and see what you need. If you have enough resources, go ahead and start the research. If not, your next task is to collect those resources, then come back and do the research.

If you've completed all the research, look at the Forge itself. Is there a little sign with a red circle with a line through it outside the building? If so, you've run out of something necessary. There are two possibilities:

A. Your city has run out of food or wood. In that case, there will be red circles with lines out of most of the buildings, and you'll have to go get food or wood, probably at the Lake or the Forest, before you can continue.

B. Your city is fine for food or wood, but the Forge itself has run out of an essential, like ore. Mouse over the sign with the red line and it will show you exactly what you're out of.

In either case, your next step is to collect the resources need to get rid of the red line sign.

If you've completed the research and you have NO red line sign outside the forge, then just look to see what the Forge is offering for sale. If it's something other than shovels, the easiest thing is just to go in and collect whatever it does have (like pickaxes). When you're done, the Forge will offer a different selection, and eventually there will be shovels for sale.

Once the Forge is offering shovels for sale, just click on the building to open up the Hidden Object Scene and collect them.

Good luck!
Robin

tholmes2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by tholmes2 on Oct 3, 14 12:18 PM
Thanks, was wondering where the shovels went, Had them for a bit then I didn't, so now I know how to get them again, got to keep going to the forge till they are offered again..

Go to: