Horrible Ending

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Horrible Ending

[Post New]by JessF on Apr 16, 10 4:23 PM
The absolute worst ending of any game I have ever played. So bad I would think twice before buying the sequel. Talk about leaving you hanging.

I was so disappointed.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:Horrible Ending

[Post New]by MURPHY on Apr 16, 10 4:32 PM
Maybe there will be a sequel! That would make up for the bad ending.

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Apr 16, 10 8:46 PM
I also thought the ending was terrible.

[Post New]by MacLoverPCGamer on Apr 16, 10 9:08 PM
I did as well.
I just hope that it means there's going to be a sequel, because the ending was quite disappointing to me, other than that... I loved the game.
I just hope they don't leave it as is.

Now, I will say that though it was bad and disappointing... I otherwise enjoyed the game a lot.
And have my fingers crossed that the loose ends will find a way to be tied in a sequel.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 9:34:46 PM PST

helenclare
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by helenclare on Apr 17, 10 6:19 AM
I hated the ending but it was a really good game. Lots of going back and forth between scenes. Maybe there will be a sequel. I hope so, I hate a sad ending!!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Apr 17, 10 6:45 AM
I would assume and hope with the way it ended, there will be a sequel..and maybe this time they could put a little more effort into it..did enjoy though,once got past the initial 15-20 mins..

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 17, 10 8:08 AM
I agree that the ending was disappointing but the game itself was fantastic! I wish that game developers would stop using this tired old marketing ploy to get us to buy the sequel. Don't they realize that gamers today are savy enough to realize that it's just a marketing gimmick and that we are sophisticated enough to buy games on their own merits? We don't need a "cliffhanger" to get us to buy the next game!

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 17, 10 12:06 PM
Ongoldenpond wrote:I agree that the ending was disappointing but the game itself was fantastic! I wish that game developers would stop using this tired old marketing ploy to get us to buy the sequel. Don't they realize that gamers today are savy enough to realize that it's just a marketing gimmick and that we are sophisticated enough to buy games on their own merits? We don't need a "cliffhanger" to get us to buy the next game!

I so agree with this and the other comments in this thread. Anyway, what's to stop them doing a similar ending to any sequel so that we'll be led to buy the next one still?

A bad example of this very thing is the Veronica Rivers series - and the sequel was very disappointing in terms of game play. A good example for developers to follow is "the Nightshift Code"

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 17, 10 12:40 PM
Why should there be a sequel? Is there too much expectation for happily ever after? I think the ending was a neat surprise!

[Post New]by lionxlamb on Apr 17, 10 12:56 PM
I agree.Super bad ending.I don't care if the ending was a surprise for someone,It sure was a shock for most of us.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 12:57:34 PM PST

[Post New]by fallenbloodyrose on Apr 24, 10 1:35 AM
i agree, the ending [/i]didn;t feel right. I was like they run out of time or something, and just through the ending in. There was so much they'd jousted at, and hinted at, that they didn't deal with. It's really irking me. IT better be a damn good sequel to make up for the ending.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Apr 25, 10 9:58 AM
I hope there will be a sequel to this game, because the ending was bad, but the game itself was good.

[Post New]by pariah164 on Apr 25, 10 12:01 PM
Agreed. Worst ending ever. I'll consider the sequel, but geez. That ending sucked.

[Post New]by MelissaH529 on Apr 25, 10 2:51 PM
I agree with most. Loved the game, hated the ending. I hope there will be a sequel to resolve the ending of this one.

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Apr 27, 10 1:35 PM
Me too, me too, me too! I really enjoyed playing this game, skipped nothing, and when I finally glimpsed the future, I was extremely annoyed. Lousy ending to a really good game. Why couldn't they have given you a choice of endings? I think it ended that way to set the scene for a sequel.

[Post New]by Diamond1984 on Apr 27, 10 7:31 PM
I have to agreed with others, I'm so disappiontment about the ending . I wish there's sequel of this game. What happened to Damon's sister and what's going to happened to Victoria? I hope people whose create this game can put sequel very soon.

[Post New]by LeftyMichelle on Apr 28, 10 8:56 AM
Diamond1984 wrote:I have to agreed with others, I'm so disappiontment about the ending . I wish there's sequel of this game. What happened to Damon's sister and what's going to happened to Victoria? I hope people whose create this game can put sequel very soon.

That is why I assume there will be a sequel. What about the ladies in waiting, and how does the old woman fit in with everything? What is Victoria's backstory and the relationship with her uncle? They set up A LOT of stuff, and I really hope they did so in order to have all that to work with in a sequel, or two, even.

[Post New]by fallenbloodyrose on Apr 28, 10 11:32 AM
I think the old lady might be Damon's sister. She seemed quite familiar with him and his story, and sure there was still some humanity in him.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 29, 10 6:52 PM
fallenbloodyrose wrote:I think the old lady might be Damon's sister. She seemed quite familiar with him and his story, and sure there was still some humanity in him.

Or maybe she's his mother, the queen? They don't really have a complete background on him and they don't actually say his parents were dead.

As for Victoria and her uncle, I got the impression that she is just a strong-willed and independent child being raised by a restrictive straight-laced uncle. Presumably, she's orphaned, but who knows? Maybe her parents died trying to fight off the witch's demons and free the town and her uncle is convinced she'll end up the same way.

I somehow don't think that Damon is centuries old, though. If he was, I think Victoria would be struck by how ancient things in the castle are - the weapons, for instance. But she seems to react to everything like they are things she's seen before. So, I suspect that Damon may have been turned in the recent past - 20 years or so, maybe?

[Post New]by bombykins on May 1, 10 4:06 AM
Great graphics and game play. However, the ending was a disappointment. I hope there is a sequel and it will have a better romantic ending.

Go to: