phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Standstill

[Post New]by phisherman on May 4, 17 10:06 AM
It appears the gaming world is at a standstill. All we seem to be getting any more is the same titles over and over. Not only are they the same titles they are practically the same game. The same storylines, same ghost and goblins and the same gameplay. I have not seem any innovation in any of these games in at least a year so have not commented for a long time because I am not buying games. From what I have read in the forums many others feel the same way.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Standstill

[Post New]by judy76073 on May 4, 17 9:30 PM
I understand what you are saying, phisherman - yes, many of the games now are "cookie-cutter" style, all the same with a few variations.

I do have to admit, though - it's got to be tough for the developers out there to come up with new and innovative games to satisfy game players.

My favorites are the Hidden Object Adventure games (with lots of "extras" to look for & find). These are actually getting fewer and farther between - the HOG games are coming out 2 times a week, but there is less & less extras being put into these games. I love anything HOG to do with "food" - ie: the Gourmania games & I go back and re-play them. I am not into TM games or Puzzle or Mosaic or role-playing games (that is my choice, I realize). There are so many people out there who are into so many different types of games - wow - and so many different computers & operating systems.

I've still stayed with windows 8.1 - I tried windows 10, didn't like it - many of the problems seem to be with win 10 & Mac computers. Very rarely do I have problems and if I do run into issues, generally it's my internet provider that is causing the slow down.

Today's game (Chimeras Mark of Death) has played great on my computer - granted, it was a fairly short game (haven't yet finished) but almost at the end of the bonus chapter - so I am glad I was able to get it at a reduced price (yesterday's code for a CE game).

There's not a lot of sites out there with new games every day. So, I do quite appreciate what BFG is doing - even though some of the games are not to my liking - they will be for others.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 4, 17 10:49 PM
I am so tired of the doom, gloom, death and daemons that I've been reduced to re-loading the old Awakening series and replaying them. Sure they too have witches, and goblins but they are so fantasy designed that you lose sight of the mayhem that seems to be in every HOPA and HOG coming out. Even the best of the developers seem to be using that same cook-cutter. Really miss those good ones with all the bling so I'm re-loading and not buying. I do like some of the TM games with a few exceptions.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 5, 17 4:50 AM
Games for PC's are at a standstill because the numbers using a desktop are dwindling. Laptops, tablets and smartphones are used much more for games nowadays, although why anyone would want to play a game on a 4" phone screen is beyond me. Even my 10" tablet doesn't give anywhere near the game experience my desktop can; it just doesn't have the capacity.

The few developers that are making games for PC's (mainly those beginning with E) are just recycling ideas or making sequels of games that should have been given the chop after the first 2 or 3 releases. But I imagine it's cheaper and quicker when you have the basics of a game ready made to simply change a few elements and release it as a new game.

I'll demo this game when the SE comes out but as for CE's, no more sequels for me. Apart of course from Dark Parables, my beloved FROG's Always the CE of this series! Otherwise, if devs can't come up with new ideas soon, the days of games for PC's are surely numbered

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 5, 17 8:56 PM
There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I just heard from Blue Tea on my FB page that they are working on a new Parables game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 6, 17 1:50 AM
Penny1942 wrote:There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I just heard from Blue Tea on my FB page that they are working on a new Parables game.

Thank you Penny; you just made my day That's a great piece of news!

Even though Blue Tea make these games now in conjunction with Eipix (I do wish they'd chosen a different dev), they're still pretty much the only FROG's being made these days. So I buy them all without even trying the demo, simply because if we don't buy them they'll stop making them

I don't like what Eipix have done to Dark Parables but I can't help it; I still love them

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on May 6, 17 2:26 AM
I agree the games are all dark and sinister, and I really wish they'd come up with non silly light hearted games, but as said it must be difficult to come out with new ideas, I do buy the games, they are good.
I wish also that Big Fish would give us a general discussion forum, and I have asked for this, but it fell on deaf ears I'm afraid.
I hope other members do find games they really enjoy

[Post New]by funlovingrams65 on May 6, 17 4:11 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
Penny1942 wrote:There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I just heard from Blue Tea on my FB page that they are working on a new Parables game.

Thank you Penny; you just made my day That's a great piece of news!

Even though Blue Tea make these games now in conjunction with Eipix (I do wish they'd chosen a different dev), they're still pretty much the only FROG's being made these days. So I buy them all without even trying the demo, simply because if we don't buy them they'll stop making them

I don't like what Eipix have done to Dark Parables but I can't help it; I still love them

[Post New]by funlovingrams65 on May 6, 17 4:26 AM
I agree with angelfish 106 about the Dark Parable games. Loved it when it was being made by Blue Tea but was not happy when they partnered with Eipix. And I notice that as they brought out more of the DPs there was more of the Eipix spin of they and less of Blue Tea. Even the last game didn't have the famous ending about the journey continuing. Made me wonder if they were going to have another one. I go back and play the earlier DPs and a few of the newer ones as I liked the format of straight Blue Tea games. Have reloaded several of the series like Awakening to play again, although I can't load them from my purchase history and have to download them from the play/purchase at BFGs. Glad to hear they are making another DP. Really like those games but I still wish they would go more towards the way Blue Tea made them.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 3, 17 11:33 PM
I miss when Big Fish developed their own games more often.
Their versions of Hidden Expeditions were surprisingly funny, even if the story arc looked as if it might be going dark......they were a real treat.....and so were the Drawn Series, now THOSE were unique games in every way......
but for me, as far as humor goes Hidden Expedition - The Devil's Triangle and the Uncharted Islands were a direction I was really hoping to see encouraged.

Sigh, it appears that horror and gloom sells.....
But there are still good lighter hearted games out there.

I think it is time I revisited Wallace and Grommet for some big laughs

Go to: