Spring Garden Event 2017!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on May 5, 17 12:55 PM
All the Pretty Flowers in a Row!
The SIXTH annual Grow-A-Thon has returned to the Commons! Whack the bushes and gather their bounty so that you can plant flowers and trees in the Event area to make yourself a gorgeous garden. Impress the judges every 20 hours to earn Spring tokens to buy this year’s Custom Items. You need to impress the previous judge to get a rating from the next one.

Plus, fill your magnificent garden with critters! There are 5 to get throughout the event, starting with the Squirrel today! On platforms with friends, you can send out requests for a free one. On platforms without, you get a free one when the animal unlocks from the animal vendor! The tool-tip when you hover the critter in the store has their unlock date!

Also returning is the Gorgeous Garden contest! Check back next week for more details!

George has such a terrible green thumb, he’ll be looking for you to help him out trying to grow a plant for the first (or third) time.

Spring usually means spring cleaning, right? Freddy needs some help cleaning up his house. It’s gotten a little bit spooky. Cleaning items can only be whacked in his house.

Timmy wants to wake his turtle up from its hibernation after that long, cold winter. Aid him in finding things to tempt it back to consciousness.

New for 2017:

We've added 9 new quests! Last year's beehive quest gets an additional 3 buzzing quests, and learn more about helpful insects from the insect fan!

Re:Spring Garden Event 2017!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on May 5, 17 12:58 PM
Event Achievements -- POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT
There are a total of FIFTEEN possible achievements to earn in the Spring Garden 2017 event.

Achievements Returning for 2017
Flower Master- You’ve grown 1 of each common plant in the Spring Event!
Beast Master- You’ve gotten every animal in the Spring Event.
Spring Decorator- You’ve bought 3 of each planter and 1 Watering Can.
Impressive- You impressed all of the Gardening Judges in the Spring Event.
Most Impressive- You got the highest mark from the final Gardening Judge in the Spring Event!
Five Days at Freddy's - Complete all of Freddy's Spring Daily Quests!
Spring Botanist - You collected flowers for all the Spring Garden judges. Beekeeper - You completed the Spring Garden beehive quests.

Added/Changed for 2017

Organic Acquisitions - You bought all the 2017 Spring Garden event items!*
Bee Buddy - Help Joel make Bushwhackia a better place for the bees.
Bug Collector - Help Satoshi expand his bug collection.

We also have 4 achievements from previous years which may be earnable by spending Bush Bucks if you missed getting them the first time around.

Spring Token Trader - You bought all the 2016 Spring Garden event items!
Garage Sale Connoisseur - Purchase all the 2015 Spring Event items!
Spring Spender- Purchase all the 2014 Spring Event items!
Fresh Year Round- Purchase all the 2013 Spring Event items!

*The Spring mini-golf piece is not required for the Organic Acquisitions achievement.

The event will run until Friday May 19th at Noon PDT!

Naniwa_man
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Naniwa_man on May 15, 17 2:55 AM
Could anyone please tell me how to complete Spring Botanist achievement ?
How could I collect flowers for each Garden Judge ?
Are there any specific 5 kinds of flowers to pick, or what ?

I do not know how but I could have got 4/5 so far.

Edited on 05/15/2017 at 3:19:26 AM PST

ElsaStar96
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on May 15, 17 6:07 AM
Hi, for the spring botanist achievement, each of the 5 judges that evaluate your garden will give you a quest to find flowers for them, the 5th judge has yet to give out his quest...maybe today that will happen.

Naniwa_man
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Naniwa_man on May 15, 17 4:57 PM
ElsaStar96 wrote:Hi, for the spring botanist achievement, each of the 5 judges that evaluate your garden will give you a quest to find flowers for them, the 5th judge has yet to give out his quest...maybe today that will happen.

Hi, Elsa!
Thanks for your reply.

YES, YES, YES!
The last judge has just given out his quest after I had got A+ from him.

Thanks again!

[Post New]by lazysis on May 16, 17 4:24 PM
Is there any way to return items to inventory? I'd like to reconfigure my garden flowers for this event

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on May 16, 17 4:32 PM
lazysis wrote:Is there any way to return items to inventory? I'd like to reconfigure my garden flowers for this event

When you're inside your garden, look at the icons on the lower right. Click on the one that looks like an open wallet, and then click on whatever you want to send to the inventory.

ElsaStar96
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on May 17, 17 10:05 AM
Gorgeous Garden Photo Contest
Rules & Regulations

What to do

Create a lovely spring time garden with the items available in the game. Be original and thoughtful with your designs in order to create something truly eye-catching - the entries will be judged by the Codename Entertainment staff and ranked based on originality and artistic flair! The expense and number of items used are irrelevant to the contest results - the creativity of your design alone will be the deciding factor.

In addition, you can view and rate the entries of other players. The user rankings will be tallied at the end of the contest, and the entry with the highest user rating will win the "User's Choice" award!

Rules

- Each player may only enter the contest once, but you may update your entry as many times as you wish.
- The contest must be entered using the in-game contest entry tool (speaking to the photographer NPC)
- Any entries including bad language or obscene symbols will be deleted and their creator disqualified.
- The contest closes along with the Spring event on May 13th at Noon PDT

Prizes

First place: 250 Bush Bucks
Second place: 200 Bush Bucks
Third place: 150 Bush Bucks
User's Choice award: 50 Bush Bucks

Details

Winners will be announced during the week of May 16th in the in-game news. Winning players should receive their prizes upon closing the news dialogues.

Erika, the dates on this information are wrong...maybe this was last years info.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on May 17, 17 2:31 PM
Yeah, May 13th is last year.

The end date for submissions and voting is the event end on the 19th this year.

[Post New]by sfergu on May 19, 17 11:42 AM
I could not get an A+ from the last judge and I did everything else and had 1800 spring points. Why did I not get A+? I got B+ 3 days in a row.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on May 19, 17 2:02 PM
sfergu wrote:I could not get an A+ from the last judge and I did everything else and had 1800 spring points. Why did I not get A+? I got B+ 3 days in a row.

The last judge requires at least 2000 points to get an A+ from them.

They're very picky about needing you to have grown lots of flowers to impress them.

[Post New]by sfergu on May 19, 17 4:26 PM
It is a shame that it is not made known to players what is needed to achieve each item.i.e. 2000 points to get an A+ from the last judge. A player should not have to search the forum or the internet to find that out.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on May 23, 17 11:30 AM
sfergu wrote:It is a shame that it is not made known to players what is needed to achieve each item.i.e. 2000 points to get an A+ from the last judge. A player should not have to search the forum or the internet to find that out.

The idea is that you're growing flowers to make an awesome anyway, you might as well keep growing until you get the A+ from the judge.

Go to: