Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 6, 17 12:52 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/06/2017 at 5:56:16 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 6, 17 5:56 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Peta52 on May 6, 17 6:04 AM
I played this game for about an hour and decided to buy. When I got to the scene (probably at the end of the demo) where you use the amulet to free Ranger Jim, I did hat, but the screen then stayed out of focus. All the other bits were fine - back to previous scene (which clear and not out of focus), hints, etc but you couldn't actually play.

I tried coming out of the game and going back in. No luck. So I completely uninstalled the game and tried again. No luck. Then I created a new profile (which was irritating, but luckily I wasn't too far in) and that has worked.

So, if you encounter this problem you will have to start again.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on May 6, 17 6:10 AM
I have again become frustrated and hope someone will let me know that this is me. I am at the fountain, have placed the pipe altered it according to the solution but nothing happens so I cannot fill the glass. Hopefully this will make sense to someone. I am going to replay from the start to see if this changes the situation. Most disappointing if this is a glitch.

[Post New]by riverrat939 on May 6, 17 11:44 AM
I cannot even download this game in full-screen mode so that it can be played. It only opens with about a fourth of the game screen showing - about the same size as the Game Manager screen. This is the second game in less than a month which has been like this. Totally unplayable. Glad I hadn't paid good money for this already.

Is anyone else having problems getting the demo to download properly?

My computer is as up-to-date as it can be so I do not understand why I am having this problem.

MacBook Pro (15 inch 2016) 10.12.4 Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

[Post New]by playercat on May 6, 17 3:34 PM
having the same problem as couple of other posters. The scene is out of focus at the ranger station with the helicopter and I cannot do anything. Am using Windows 10.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on May 6, 17 4:28 PM
My "hint" button does not work,

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 6, 17 11:57 PM
I'm also on a brand new MacBook Pro and had to adjust screen res once again, to play a game. I had to try 3 different settings before finding the right one. What is going on? Of games are made for a Mac, they should play on a Mac. It's not as though there's as many different machines out there is with Windows.

Having managed to play it, the game was awful so not worth messing about to get it to run.

I went to BFGs Mac help pages, and did every update/install they suggested. It made not a jot of difference to how games play (or don't play).

[Post New]by eroseburgh on May 7, 17 2:32 AM
got all the way through the game before hitting problem in the bonus game. There are symbols on the small desk in the lab. Supposed to use the phone here but cant get back into the scene to do this. Windows 10

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on May 7, 17 1:02 PM
i have reinstalled this game and its got past the helicopter glitch

[Post New]by Lhealey0 on May 7, 17 2:57 PM
I cant even get into the game. It shows the Big Fish logo screen, then when it starts to fade to black it freezes. When I start task manager it shows an error pop up that says "Error" Access violation at 0x657C7333 (tried to read from 0x0000008C), program terminated."

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on May 7, 17 8:59 PM
eroseburgh wrote:got all the way through the game before hitting problem in the bonus game. There are symbols on the small desk in the lab. Supposed to use the phone here but cant get back into the scene to do this. Windows 10

I had the same glitch. Since I could not pick up the phone on the desk, I am dead in the water right here. I did not care much for this game anyway, so do not consider the lack of the bonus game as a loss. Just glad I bought this turkey at a sale price. Running Windows 7 Home Premium on 64 bit Alienware.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 8, 17 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates everyone taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within their games. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present. We definitely want to help get this game to run properly on your systems and I wanted to pop in here to provide some troubleshooting steps from our Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve these issues.

It looks like some players are having issues progressing with various scenes within the game. Please try to run the game as an administrator so that it helps guarantee that the game has the necessary permissions to run properly. I'll include a help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

For players that are on the Mac operating system, the following help page contains steps that are specific to Mac users:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Thank you mavisfearn1 for letting us know that after reinstalling this game, you were able to progress through a particular scene. Players can also try to create a new profile to try and bypass any progression blocks. If you would like to uninstall and reinstall this game, please refer to the steps in the following help page:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Lhealey0, you mentioned an Access Violation error message. I'll include below a help page that is specific to this error message:

Access Violation

If issues continue to be present, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance. I've also gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for investigation. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by MichieSays on May 8, 17 2:21 PM
I'm probably a third in and can't seem to do anything else. Nothing needs to be done with my items and there are no outstanding things to be done on the map. I've made it through a number of tasks in the subway station. My raccoon wants raisins. I can't help him. Sad.

[Post New]by danlau8386 on May 9, 17 12:34 AM
I have the same problem, it says you get the raisins from the HOP game just to the right of the man hole in the main street but I didn't get any. Can someone help?

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on May 11, 17 10:44 AM
I was really enjoying this game, but came to a screeching halt when no HOP appeared to receive the raisins. Is there going to be a fix so everyone can finish playing?

[Post New]by roshellj on May 11, 17 7:22 PM
Where are the raisins? Not here.

[Post New]by lynnieann95 on May 12, 17 7:31 AM
I also reached the helicopter scene where I put on the new blades then after I received the badge part the scene when hazy and froze. I finally got it to unfreeze but the ranger had disappeared. I am at present reinstalling it to see it that works. It is very frustrating to learn that I might have to restart this game under another name and play all I have already again in the hope that I don't reach the same scene and the same happens again. I hope by7 now that the glitch has been fixed and my reinstalling does the trick.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on May 12, 17 8:09 AM
I had no issues until I got to the bonus game. I tried to click on the phone, it exited the popup, and now I can't re-select it. I'm stuck with one part, one chalk, and one door lock piece with no way to move forward. Even the hints say there's nothing to do.

henniet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by henniet on May 13, 17 10:08 AM
When I have to go to the helicopter the game gets misty and I can`t get there.Tried to re-install the game, but the same problem. So I can`t go on with the game. What can I do ?

Go to: