Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 6, 17 12:54 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/06/2017 at 5:55:48 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on May 6, 17 5:19 AM
After the one or other not so exciting game in this series, the fascination is back! We have a more sci-fi like adventure here, where human experiments turn out to threaten mankind....

Love all aspects of this game and can't wait to see, how we survive after the demo.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 6, 17 5:56 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on May 6, 17 6:24 AM
Not too bad! I beta tested it & like it then. Haven't got too far in game but I do like unrealistic idea! Im a fairy tale kinda player. I mean lets face it reality's in your face all day! But this has that make believe content W/ a modern flare. Clear graphics. I think 5 chapters + bonus level. Cant wait to get back & get to find out more about these crazy purple attack plants!
Trial gives a pretty good idea of how game is, so it enough to find out if its for you!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 6, 17 6:41 AM
Dark Dimensions is right! Can`t see anything in this game. So dark!!
Can`t find any collectibles due to the purple shades. Too bad, it could have been a decent game I guess. I buy ALOT of games, almost all of them but not this one. If I can`t find what I need to collect then it`s no fun for me. Sorry.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on May 6, 17 5:02 PM
I have nothing bad to say except we have already dealt with vines. Although, not with this dev that I can remember, anyways.
Without spoiling, I bet I know who the vine instigator is from the demo. And I do Hope I'm Wrong! This story probably has a nice twist because the game-play is same ol' same. And the vine story is same ol' same. IMO. I'll say again, it's a mathematical certainty.

There are a lot of beautiful and challenging puzzles during demo.
But the actual game-play is still go here to find that to unlock this.....

There were two HOs during demo and both had me a- lookin' (I like that)!
The first used common sense (appreciated), the second strained my eyes (i'm old with old eyes ) yet I appreciated .

All in all, I'll wait for the SE.
The graphics beautiful but....When I know were objects are located, I kinda shrink away. When I know the ending of the beginning I, shrink away.
I'm looking for a part time job....If you devs need help in story telling, I'm available!
lol

I did enjoy searching for the collectibles & such during demo but NO on spending the cash for a CE. Other reviewers will describe the collectibles, morphing, etc.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 7, 17 12:02 AM
This has to rank amongst the worst CEs ever. The whole game had blurry graphics, nonsensical game play and was dull.

After 45 minutes I couldn't take any more. Nothing was cohesive. It was as though someone had their first attempt at making a game.

I quite enjoyed the HOPs to be fair, but the graphics were so blurred it gave me a headache in the end.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 7, 17 4:40 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with belamba; dull colours with collectibles in such dark places I had to use the SG and even then struggled to see them. The HOS were about the best thing in this game; otherwise it was exit and delete for me after squinting to see anything in the gloom and darkness.

No technical issues for me in the time I played. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Christian_
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Christian_ on May 8, 17 1:25 PM
I'm in the bonus game, it keeps sending back to the desk, and then nothing, am I missing something? I try to move on it just keeps sending back to the desk. HELP SOMEONE PLEASE, i DON'T WANT TO START THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on May 10, 17 12:08 PM
well, it's become quite tedious playing out this game - mostly because of the collectibles. Pretty much impossible to find them (especially the puzzle pieces) - pretty much every scene after clicking on everything imaginable for a collectible or puzzle piece, I end up going to the screen shots in the guide to figure out where they are.

I quite like searching for any collectibles, morphing objects, etc, but the ones in this game are pretty near impossible to find. Rest of the game is just ok, nothing to write home about, but takes away from the enjoyment of a game when you have to keep checking the guide for these items.

Keeping fingers X'd that tomorrow's CE will be a good one !

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 15, 17 11:52 PM
I am rather sad to submit a horrible review. I rather enjoyed the beta and the demo time (which are sadly the same thing), but all the wheels come off after that. HOPs that repeat (my greatest pet peeve!!! ), back and forth and to and fro, find one piece of 3, back again to replay the HOS...AUGHHH!!!! Please just retire this series, we're begging you GrandMa.

Go to: