bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mall-a-Palooza technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 17, 10 12:57 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Mall-a-Palooza technical issues here only

[Post New]by karenlwuk on Apr 17, 10 6:06 AM
On Arabian Nights level 2 the game loses functionality so you cannot upgrade or hie staffo eally do anything

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 17, 10 6:56 AM
I really like this game and I want to purchase it the only problem is that so far on all
of levels after a few minutes of play some of the characters turn into white blocks. You see the some characters still but some turn into white blocks floating around and a couple of the stores do the same. I don't know if this is a glitch in the game or what. This doesn't affect how the game runs but it is a little annoying to watch white blocks floating across the screen. I want to purchase this game but I'm a little concerned about the white block thing.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Apr 17, 10 6:56 AM
Although the game took a bit longer than normal to install, it did eventually finish and it started without any problems. Game play seemed smooth. And then I hit Level 3 in the Tutorial section.....

All of a sudden, the customers in the mall started disappearing one by one, replaced by moving large white rectangles. Then sections of my stores started disappearing, replaced with the white rectangles that stayed in place until I couldn't see anything but the white, so I hit the menu button. Even when the pop up box came on, most of it was blocked out by white sections. I tried the level again, and the same thing happened...ended up with a mostly white screen and was unable to see or do anything. So I quit, obviously, with about 50 minutes of free game time remaining.

Looked like a decent game with decent graphics until the white rectangles from hell invaded and took over. Too bad. Another game bites the dust!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 17, 10 7:27 AM
tezaber wrote:Although the game took a bit longer than normal to install, it did eventually finish and it started without any problems. Game play seemed smooth. And then I hit Level 3 in the Tutorial section.....

All of a sudden, the customers in the mall started disappearing one by one, replaced by moving large white rectangles. Then sections of my stores started disappearing, replaced with the white rectangles that stayed in place until I couldn't see anything but the white, so I hit the menu button. Even when the pop up box came on, most of it was blocked out by white sections. I tried the level again, and the same thing happened...ended up with a mostly white screen and was unable to see or do anything. So I quit, obviously, with about 50 minutes of free game time remaining.

Looked like a decent game with decent graphics until the white rectangles from hell invaded and took over. Too bad. Another game bites the dust!
Hi there tezaber I had the same exact thing happen to me as I put a reply in above yours so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with the problem. I like you think it is a decent game and would like to get it but the white block thing get's me. So you are not alone in this problem.

tearydaze
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tearydaze on Apr 17, 10 8:43 AM
This game does not work on my computer. I have a brand new HP/windows 7 desktop and it refuses to run.

It gives me:
Error: Access violation at 0x02A1EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I know everything is up to date, I checked for Roads to Riches 2 before there was an update.

I have no problems with any other games, I tried several thinking maybe it was my computer, but its not. Its too bad, because this looks like a fun game.

[Post New]by Caliya on Apr 17, 10 11:07 AM
The game seems to be functioning just fine for me... none of the white blocks most people are having trouble with. However, after I bought the game I couldn't activate it. My computer just keeps telling me the file is corrupted... Is there a way around this?

[Post New]by tantomtoo on Apr 17, 10 12:50 PM
Same thing happened to me on Level 3 Tutorial. I tried to keep playing, but then the stores changed to white blocks along with the people. Couldn't see anything. I was going to buy the game, but guess I won't.

aljensal
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by aljensal on Apr 17, 10 3:58 PM
I have the white blocks too, but I'd already bought the game before they started appearing.

[Post New]by Cherbaer on Apr 17, 10 4:10 PM
I am having problems with the Arabian Knights level. On the second level I can't do anything. It isn't frozen because the money is still increasing but my cursor doesn't open anything.

cf_30
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by cf_30 on Apr 17, 10 4:46 PM
Tearydaze have you tried diabling the Aero setting?
I have had problems with games not playing and this seems to fix things. I have a new computer with decent graphics card so it seemed odd that games weren't working. I was a little sceptical about trying this but it does seem to work!

I have pasted the info below from the help pages

Disable Aero Setting

The Aero design is the default appearance setting for Windows 7. To improve the memory performance of your video card so that your game can function properly, you can easily disable Aero and use an alternate appearance setting.

1. From your Windows 7 desktop, right-click your mouse and select Personalize.

2. A window will appear. Scroll down and select one of the Basic and High Contrast Themes. (By using one of these basic settings, you will free up video card memory to be used for your game.)

3. Once complete, open and play your game.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 17, 10 4:53 PM
Hi everyone,

If your characters are turning into white blocks you may need to update your video card drivers and/or Direct X in order to fix this display issue. This may also help with the game freezing as well. The good news is that almost all the updates are free! Here is a help article with more information. Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are getting the Access Violation error during the game, the updates mentioned above may help as well, but if you are getting the error during installation, you made need to adjust your firewall settings.This help article will help you out Access Violation

You can also contact our Customer Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 4:54:19 PM PST

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 17, 10 6:27 PM
karenlwuk wrote:On Arabian Nights level 2 the game loses functionality so you cannot upgrade or hie staffo eally do anything

I also had this problem. Kept trying to play the level but everytime when I clicked on the shops nothing happened so I was not able to upgrade or buy them. Sometime I was also unable to access the screens for the building, employing, etc buttons.

As a last resort before contacting Customer Support I played the 1st level of Arabian Nights again and this time it went on to level 2 and everything worked. There is another mini-tutorial on this level and you need to purchase something but this tutorial was not coming up before which seems to be why I couldn't progress.

[Post New]by n2Wabbit on Apr 17, 10 8:51 PM
Looks like a game I would like to buy and play but my time ran out trying to get the game to quit running in slow motion. I have a new computer and a great grapics card but the game would drag and drag. I took me three or four minutes to even get each of the help messages to leave. If I tried to build a store it would take several minutes for the game to catch up and build. My pointer would not even work and kept leaving the screen. After so many of the same old search games coming out I was excited to see something else but I'm not going to mess with my computer settings for a $6.99 game.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Apr 17, 10 10:53 PM
Cherbaer wrote:I am having problems with the Arabian Knights level. On the second level I can't do anything. It isn't frozen because the money is still increasing but my cursor doesn't open ani gavything.

yes.. same with me. i have no other issues with playing the game - up to this level. will there be an update? or a patch... i do like this game.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 11:25:11 PM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 17, 10 11:07 PM
I had left a post earlier today about the white blocks in the game. I had my system checked and everything is up to date with my system and every other game I play seems to be just fine. Could there possibly be a glitch in this game ? I don't seem to be the only one having the white blocks problem so I doubt everyone's system is out of date, will there be an updated version of this game because I would really like to purchase it.

[Post New]by angels4spirits on Apr 17, 10 11:26 PM
ok i can download the game but i can't play it why

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Apr 17, 10 11:44 PM
LoriW wrote:

As a last resort before contacting Customer Support I played the 1st level of Arabian Nights again and this time it went on to level 2 and everything worked. There is another mini-tutorial on this level and you need to purchase something but this tutorial was not coming up before which seems to be why I couldn't progress.

this works.. thank you !! i played the first Arabian Nights level again, and this time all is fine.

[Post New]by karenlwuk on Apr 18, 10 12:27 AM
LoriW wrote:
karenlwuk wrote:On Arabian Nights level 2 the game loses functionality so you cannot upgrade or hie staffo eally do anything

I also had this problem. Kept trying to play the level but everytime when I clicked on the shops nothing happened so I was not able to upgrade or buy them. Sometime I was also unable to access the screens for the building, employing, etc buttons.

This worked perfectly. Thanks for your help

armybeans
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by armybeans on Apr 18, 10 1:12 AM
I have noticed that as I earn achievements or other "pop ups" the game tends to lock up more and more. I normally end up sitting and waiting for about a minute or two and then the achievement sign disappears and the game continues. I just finished the box shop level 4, and when I received an achievement, it locked up completely and I had to alt/ctl/del to get out of it. After I closed it out and reopened it, was able to play the level and finish it.

Go to: