evmis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Achievements Speed Run

[Post New]by evmis on May 6, 17 11:17 AM
I really don't know how you can get an achievement in this part of the game. What does it mean 'in the mane game at the shortest time'?

Edited on 05/06/2017 at 11:27:56 AM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Achievements Speed Run

[Post New]by burf90 on May 14, 17 9:43 AM
Hi, Evmis. Welcome to the pond!

That achievement is for completing the main game in 6 hours for a bronze trophy, 5 hours for a silver, and 4 hours for a gold. If you hover your mouse over each of the buttons below the achievement, a little pop-up will tell you what you need to do to get that achievement.

For the record, this is the only achievement in Mad Head games that I never get. I love this developer, but I hate racing through games, so I just won't bother with it. I like to immerse myself in the location and I check out all the artwork, click on everything to see what works, etc., so I take my time. I also don't like playing games through more than once, unless it's months later.

I actually think it's a bad marketing idea to advertise that the game can be completed in under 4 hours - especially a collector's edition. Many people would feel cheated if they paid for a game only 4 hours long. I think you get a lot in those 4 hours, but it's still short by comparison to other games.

evmis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by evmis on May 14, 17 10:58 AM
Thanks for your message but the 6 hours is a clock in the game and is not the time in reality. I already played the game in less than the 6 hours on the clock in the game and still I didn't get the bronze trophy.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 16, 17 10:14 AM
It might be a glitch of some kind. As I said, I never even try for that trophy any more, so I don't know. I do know I got a silver medal for that award, so there's a clock somewhere, but since I finished, I can't check everywhere for it without wiping out my trophies and starting again.

If the clock works the same as other the other MadHead games I've played, I can tell you this much: It is real time AND the time you spend replaying puzzles and HOS's in the Extras count against the clock. I learned that in the first MadHead game I played, when I was able to find the in game clock. In that game, I think it was on the map screen, but I'm not sure and I can't get to the map for this one without starting over.

Anyway, if you're trying to get that medal, hold off on going to Extras to replay puzzles and/or to try to get gold on all the HOS's until after you finish the main game. Once you get the medal, you can replay anything you want.

Go to: