Mistie88
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

How do you make money quickly in this game?

[Post New]by Mistie88 on May 6, 17 11:53 PM
I have reached the point where I am stuck as I have about 5 areas that I need to open that need between 8k-11k to open as well as doing lab items for quests and I just can't seem to make any money in here that will cover this. Is there a way to make money quickly or at least know that you are making more than you are spending cause I am apparently lousy at the gambling table I lose about 85% of the time and I sure am lousy at guessing where the items are in the puzzles and now that you can only go for one egg in all the puzzles I can't even attempt to get lots of 5k eggs to make me some money. Any help sure would be greatly appreciated cause I am soooo stuck right now

Thank You
Misty

GM1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:How do you make money quickly in this game?

[Post New]by GM1956 on May 7, 17 12:33 AM
Crafting items and selling them is a good way, just make sure you don't use up your stamps. You can use the "Up-dated craftung list" as a guide:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/369099.page

Also, pets bring quite a decent amount of coins with the gold chests.

Good luck!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on May 7, 17 12:47 AM

Hi Mistie,

One option is to NOT open the areas.

I always open a new HOS, but thanks to the puzzles I don't have to open all the Zoom Zones. In fact there are at least five that have been sitting unopened since the fifties (level 61 was such a bear).

I use pets or puzzles to get the item the character is asking for without having to fork over 10,000 coins to open that ZZ. Just jot down the names of a few high diamond ZZ items and with a 5000 coin egg added to the list, you should have the item you need after the diamonds. Good chance of winning it.

Annelliegram's second edition guide is perfect to give you an idea of what is an HOS and what is a ZZ.

I'll eventually get around to opening them all up.

Just not now.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 7, 17 6:55 AM
First, stop trying to level up. Right now is the perfect time to put the Character Quests on hold & just concentrate on the Spring Event. Go to all your friends' Terraces every day. Take a break after 5 or so & go collect morphing eggs. Then do more Terraces. Rinse & repeat. The coins will add up.

Second, if you need 50,000 coins to open/craft, do the rounds, feed pets, do the rounds, send the airship, do the rounds, etc, until you have earned at least 50,000 before you open or craft anything. Even better, earn 60,000 first.

Third, forget about the dice!

This is a Hidden Object game. There is no getting around doing the searching. It's the whole reason for the game! It is also pointless to be in a hurry - there is no "finish line", you just come to the end of the content, & then what do you do?

Relax. Slow down & enjoy the scenery. Patience is an asset here.

Happy searching!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 7, 17 7:17 AM
I agree with Desertdruid.... playing the dice game is the way to LOSE money... not win it... you'll be one of the few if you end up breaking even... and one of the fewest if you end up coming out ahead...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 7, 17 7:57 AM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
Hi Mistie,
I always open a new HOS, but thanks to the puzzles I don't have to open all the Zoom Zones. In fact there are at least five that have been sitting unopened since the fifties (level 61 was such a bear).
Jenifer
Well..... that is a good theory until some of the later levels......they don't say to get such and such item....they say "go to the Carved Chest" <--which means you gotta open it to fulfill that task.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 7, 17 8:00 AM
And to answer the original question.....you DON'T .......

There are "boosts" that have been provided by the Developers that help get you through some rough areas ....but using the Puzzles, Amulets, Pet Chests and even crafting for profit.....will eventually slow you down because you will not be able to craft the items you need for lack of stamps.

The best solution is to take full advantage of the remainder of the Spring event:

1. Get lots of friends.......enter each of their Terraces 1x a day.....
2. Set aside the Leveling up for now.....and just do some rounds of your HOSs
3. Click on the morphing objects!!!! The coins you get from them is double during spring and the diamonds also come more frequently.......you can really add to your coins and diamonds during a special event.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on May 7, 17 8:16 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
Hi Mistie,
Jenifer
Well..... that is a good theory until some of the later levels......they don't say to get such and such item....they say "go to the Carved Chest" <--which means you gotta open it to fulfill that task.

Absolutely agree! That is why level 61 was so expensive! I had about 9 unopened ZZs, then characters started asking me to just "GO" to them, with no specific item in mind. Hence me having to spend 50,000 coins in two days... then a further hence of the 'telethon'.

But I still have 5 'mortgages' within the game. I am back to where I was before the massive expenditure. I'm just saying opening a new HOS is worth the coin. But opening a new ZZ can be avoided until later.

Cheers,

Jenifer

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

How do you make money quickly in this game?

[Post New]by LJM5091 on May 7, 17 12:18 PM
Mistie88 wrote: and now that you can only go for one egg in all the puzzles I can't even attempt to get lots of 5k eggs to make me some money.
Thank You
Misty

Hi Mistie88.
I want to comment on eggs won in puzzles. You seem to think you can win only 1 egg per all the puzzles. Actually, you can win 1 egg per puzzle. If you have all 8 puzzles available, you COULD win 8 different eggs during THAT session. You cannot get that same egg for another 5 hours but you can get other eggs that CAN add up to a nice sum of coin IF you win them. Of course, one cannot win if you don't give it a try and be willing to lose some diamonds in the process.

Just trying to help clarify the egg thing.

Here is the list of the top 8 egg/coins list:
Squirrel 5000
Panda 5000
Phoenix 5000
Turtle 3000
Hippo 2700
Manticore 2700
Puppy 2500
Egghead Owl 1800

I went through the huge outlay of coins recently. The eggs helped.
lj

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on May 11, 17 12:05 PM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
One option is to NOT open the areas.

I use pets or puzzles to get the item the character is asking for without having to fork over 10,000 coins to open that ZZ. Just jot down the names of a few high diamond ZZ items and with a 5000 coin egg added to the list, you should have the item you need after the diamonds. Good chance of winning it.

Glad to find someone who play the game just like me

I started playing MC when it first started (and went through the original version of the "Bow Figurine") but I stop and start for long periods of time, sometimes for over a year.

When I came back at lvl 31, Pet Chests have started bringing back quest items. So I did lvl 31 to lvl 58 purely with Pet Chests. Then when I came back again at lvl 58, Puzzles came in. And now I do all main quests with Pet Chests and Puzzles only. Currently at lvl 73.

I do "mortgages" of both HOS and ZZ like you do until a quest giver forces me to open them. If you're willing to spend some diamonds on the Puzzles, you can get cash from Eggs and re-pay the "mortgages".

Annelliegram wrote:
There are "boosts" that have been provided by the Developers that help get you through some rough areas ....but using the Puzzles, Amulets, Pet Chests and even crafting for profit.....will eventually slow you down because you will not be able to craft the items you need for lack of stamps.

Due to my special case of having played a long time, Stamps are not a problem for me. I have 1500 to 1700 blue stamps and white stamps stocked up.

I definitely agree this "alternative" method of playing the game is not something new players should try because they will bump into problems eventually. But if you're adventurous, you'll find it a lot of fun in its own form .

ladydaa
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ladydaa on May 11, 17 4:28 PM
Great information from fellow MCers! Helpful to a fault. Blessings to you all!

Coins and inventory do indeed rule the Castle. Opening those HOS are vital for advancement in the game.

In the early levels, I ignored daily quests, the gaming table, the wheel of fortune and achievements. I made the HOS rounds at least once a day (more when I had the time). I also cashed in my inventory. Kept only 50 each of the airship items and stamps. Kept only 2 of general inventory items. Total sell off of all eggs, crafted items, and event inventory.

Never cash in pet food or medallions. The golden chest is full of coins. Here's the trick:
1. Go to area with available HOS scene.
2. Click on pet you have food for.
3. Complete one HOS scene.
4. Feed that pet.

If you need/want to feed more than one pet, be sure to go to a different area and choose a pet that needs different food from the last.

Happy HOSing!

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Silverjen on May 11, 17 6:01 PM
I see questions like this on the forum all the time and the best advice is to 'do the rounds.' I agree with that and here are some numbers that may help to understand how good that advice is.

Last year I needed 656 pink boxes to get Mrs. Claus at the Christmas event. By the end of August I realized the game wasn't giving me enough at the rate I was playing. I calculated I would need 5 boxes a day to get Mrs. Claus, so between September and November I did nothing but rounds (about 60 HOS in a round)...no pets, no airships, no dice, no wheel (I did the fall event though). I did as many rounds a day as needed until I got 5 boxes which was anywhere from 2 to 5 rounds. At the end of November here is what I had:

over 800,000 coins
over 3,000 of each airship item
around 1500 of each of the pet food
over 4,000 white stamps
over 3,000 blue stamps
over 1500 green stamps
around 700 unique stamps
and I had an inventory again.

I never have to worry about not having enough pet food, airship items, or stamps even now. Was it time consuming and aggravating? Yes. Am I glad I did it? Yes. Would I do it again? Hmmm...maybe. But I did get Mrs. Claus!

Do the rounds...the best advice.

Go to: