Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 17, 10 4:27 AM
Game starts in dance hall with victim to right of screen in Degas pose, a French detective and you (Nicole).

Right-clicking on an inventory item will give you information about it.
Reading documents in your notebook will give you context.

Look at = right mouse-click.
Examine = click on magnifying glass on screen.

You can't take any physical evidence away with you, so you must have a photograph of it.

Talk to the detective until he leaves.
You can move in four directions - left (desk), forward (window), right (victim), down (exit door).

Go left to desk. Take phonecall on mobile. Look at desk. Examine middle drawer. Take contents. Look at contents in inventory. Press button at top right to unlock right-hand drawer. Examine right-hand drawer. Take contents. Look at contents in inventory. Photograph the page of names she doesn't recognise.

Go right / forwards to window. Look up. Examine window. Note open window with marking at top and (fingerprint) smudges at middle. (You can't do anything with either at this point).

Go right to victim. Photograph victim. Click the clear evidence bag (from the drawer) on the puppet at her feet. Examine the victim. Note the crystals around her mouth. Combine the matches and the cotton from the drawers to make a swab. Use the swab on the crystals. Combine the evidence bag with the swab. Photograph the swab. Look at the broken mirror. Look at the overturned chair.

Edited on 09/13/2010 at 3:05:41 AM PST


 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene. (Part 1)

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 17, 10 4:40 AM
Exit to hall. Take mop. Look at mop in inventory to remove the head.
Look at the lightswitch at the door. Walk to front door. Look at fusebox.
Talk to policeman about the lights. (Conversation ends). Talk to policeman again and ask for pencil.

Go back to window in dancehall. Close window with stick. Photograph cross on window. Back away from window and look at cross shadow on floorboard. Use pipe tool on gap in the boards. Note 1793 on back of board. Click the clear evidence bags on the floorboard. Photograph the envidence bag with board.

Combine the pencil with the stapler for a broken pencil. Combine the broken pencil with the sheets of white paper for graphite (fingerprint) powder. Go back to the smudges on the window. Click the graphite powder on the smudges to prep the prints. Click the adhesive tape on the prints to lift them. Combine the taped prints with white paper to preserve them. Photograph the prints.

Return to the policeman, exhaust the conversation topics and leave.

 
Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 26, 10 3:37 PM
bumpity bump!

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 29, 10 6:53 AM
Bump.

 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by beckster2 on Apr 29, 10 3:43 PM
Mr. Russ - H..E..L..P..!!!!! I have done all of this and double-checked myself. She is still trying to get out of the door but keeps saying she needs to check it again. ARGGGHHH. First time I've gotten stuck with a walkthrough since I joined BFG back in December. Any other hints/clues/ideas??? No bump for me...

Many thanks! Becky

 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by beckster2 on Apr 29, 10 4:15 PM
Never mind, Mr. Russ. I kept reading other blogs and realized I had not put the tape with the print on the paper. That and giving the stuff to the policeman took care of me. Now if I can figure out what to do at the hotel.... I like this one - it's really challenging! Thank you! Becky

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 30, 10 5:18 AM
Combine the taped prints with white paper to preserve them.
I'm glad you found your missing step and I hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

 
Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 30, 10 7:27 PM
ba'dump bump

 
gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene. (Part 1)

[Post New]by gullbra on May 9, 10 8:19 PM
I cannot take a picture of the swab in the bag. I think I have done everything else, but obviouslty not. Any ideas?
(LATER) Every time I post to the Forum, I work out the problem and feel stupid. Never mind.

Edited on 05/09/2010 at 9:03:15 PM PST


 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by fredb1 on May 10, 10 11:40 AM
beckster2 wrote:Mr. Russ - H..E..L..P..!!!!! I have done all of this and double-checked myself. She is still trying to get out of the door but keeps saying she needs to check it again. ARGGGHHH. First time I've gotten stuck with a walkthrough since I joined BFG back in December. Any other hints/clues/ideas??? No bump for me...

Many thanks! Becky

 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by fredb1 on May 10, 10 11:42 AM
fredb1 wrote:
beckster2 wrote:Mr. Russ - H..E..L..P..!!!!! I have done all of this and double-checked myself. She is still trying to get out of the door but keeps saying she needs to check it again. ARGGGHHH. First time I've gotten stuck with a walkthrough since I joined BFG back in December. Any other hints/clues/ideas??? No bump for me...

Many thanks! Becky

 
FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 11, 10 10:23 PM
beckster2 wrote:Never mind, Mr. Russ. I kept reading other blogs and realized I had not put the tape with the print on the paper. That and giving the stuff to the policeman took care of me. Now if I can figure out what to do at the hotel.... I like this one - it's really challenging! Thank you! Becky


Thanks for this! I had the same problem, why is it not in the WTs?

Cool, I can leave at last.

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 12, 10 2:16 AM
FeyKina wrote:
beckster2 wrote:Never mind, Mr. Russ. I kept reading other blogs and realized I had not put the tape with the print on the paper. That and giving the stuff to the policeman took care of me. Now if I can figure out what to do at the hotel.... I like this one - it's really challenging! Thank you! Becky


Thanks for this! I had the same problem, why is it not in the WTs?

Cool, I can leave at last.


MaGtRo wrote:Use adhesive tape on fingerprint.

Use adhesive tape with fingerprint with paper.


The step is in the walkthrough.

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 16, 10 5:14 PM
Bump.

 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Copperfield on May 27, 10 1:25 PM
Okay, all you brilliant puppeteer players who have managed to get out of the first scene! I cannot. I have been playing this dadgum game for over 6 months and I cannot progress past the first scene. I have done EVERYTHING ad infinitum but am stuck. I just read your suggestions but I have done all of those. The only thing that may be tripping me up is photographing the swab. Do you have to do this? I have it in the plastic bag but it won't photograph then but I cannot figure out how to do it beforehand? Same goes for the fingerprint. It is done and bagged but was I suppose to photograph it? I took a picture when it was still on the window. I love these games but this one is frustrating - their help is less than useful and you have no way to progress unless everything is done perfectly. Any hints for me? Thanks in advance. COPPERFIELD

 

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 27, 10 1:54 PM
Hi Copperfield. I suggest you go back and try photographing everything, even stuff you already did. I know I missed something the first time I thought I had got. Then I still could not progress. Was swearing and tearing hair out because the guard ignored me and I couldn't leave. Finally noticed the green conversation below I had not clicked on. One of those DUH moments. Finally got out.

Also (it's been awhile so I am trying to remember here) I photoed everything before I bagged it, during bagging it, and after bagging it if allowed to do so. Don't forget to photo hole in floor and f/ingerprints up on window, stuff on dancer's face. etc.

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 10 3:03 PM
Copperfield, yes.

Click the adhesive tape on the prints to lift them.
Combine the taped prints with white paper to preserve them.
Photograph the prints.

 
luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 30, 10 4:34 PM
Copperfield wrote:Okay, all you brilliant puppeteer players who have managed to get out of the first scene! I cannot. I have been playing this dadgum game for over 6 months and I cannot progress past the first scene. I have done EVERYTHING ad infinitum but am stuck. I just read your suggestions but I have done all of those. The only thing that may be tripping me up is photographing the swab. Do you have to do this? I have it in the plastic bag but it won't photograph then but I cannot figure out how to do it beforehand? Same goes for the fingerprint. It is done and bagged but was I suppose to photograph it? I took a picture when it was still on the window. I love these games but this one is frustrating - their help is less than useful and you have no way to progress unless everything is done perfectly. Any hints for me? Thanks in advance. COPPERFIELD[/quote


I am having exact same problem. Guess this means I have to start from beginning??

 
luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 30, 10 5:15 PM
I went back to an earlier scene-made sure everything was photographed,
swabbed, bagged, etc.
Cannot give evidence to uninterested police officer.
There is still a question mark by the hook on her shoulder.
Is there something your suppose to do other than photograph it?
I'm at a loss and frustrated. I'd like to move on.
Can someone help?? (I hope some are still reading these posts-
Hint Hint!!)

 
luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Step-by-step walkthrough for first scene.

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 30, 10 6:01 PM
Well, started game from very beginning and woohoo!! got through. Now onward and forward to new frustrations!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: