Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 8, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/08/2017 at 5:51:23 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 8, 17 5:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

markb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by markb on May 8, 17 9:23 AM
Note to the developers: I am ecstatic! Thank you for finally bringing back the timer function which was removed back in FM #15. Much of my enjoyment of the FM games comes from replaying previous iterations of the FM games and recording my times to see if my solving ability has improved since the last time I played that particular game. I had begun to lose interest in newer FM games and have been replaying the ones with the timer function still intact.

To those people that might be reading this and are not familiar with the FM games, please note that the timer function in no way influences whether you get stars or not. As best I can tell, the only reason it is there is to provide information ... information that I find quite useful to my enjoyment of the games.

DEVS .. THANKS AGAIN!! You can rest assured that I will continue to purchase each new FM game as it comes out. For my money, Fantasy Mosaics is the best "griddler" type game out there and it only continues to improve with each new iteration.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on May 8, 17 9:55 AM
I love the mosaic games but, for both this one and the last one, the game will not shut down when I exit and freezes up the whole computer. The shift/ctrl/del does not work and I have to reboot the computer to get rid of it. Is this some kind of glitch?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 8, 17 11:23 AM
I'm enjoying the puzzles so far, and enjoying that we can finally get a good look at the background art; it's beautiful.

It's unfortunate that this time around, the music is not also beautiful. It's so annoying that I had to mute it.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 9, 17 10:04 AM
Just sampled the demo of this game and found it to be exceptional. I love working nonograms and own many of the Fantasy Mosaics games. They are among the very best nonogram games out there.

But one of the main reasons I decided to enter a post about this game, was to comment on how absolutely beautiful I found the music to be. It was so relaxing and melodic that it added to my enjoyment.

When I entered the forum to submit this post, I had not yet read the posts in this thread... so was very surprised to see that Valkara didn't like the music at all and found it to be very annoying. This proves once again how varied the preferences of the fishies in the pond are. (And wouldn't it be boring if we were all exactly alike ! ! !) So try the demo to decide for yourself if this is a game you would enjoy.

Happy gaming, all ! ! !

Classicaljazz

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on May 9, 17 10:04 AM
caput wrote:I love the mosaic games but, for both this one and the last one, the game will not shut down when I exit and freezes up the whole computer. The shift/ctrl/del does not work and I have to reboot the computer to get rid of it. Is this some kind of glitch?

Same thing happens to me, Caput. I run Win 7 and sometimes have to use the task manager to exit the game.

Other than that, I do love Fantasy Mosiacs. I own the original along with 6, 7, 12 & 14. I enjoy the six-color palette of the newer games but the devs shoot these games out so quick that I never know which one(s) to purchase (my purse says I can't purchase them all)!

I enjoyed this particular demo the most and I think it's because we are finally seeing different puzzles (during demo anyway).
The colors are soft, reminiscent of early spring.
The music in all the FM games are annoying to me so it's an automatic mute.

FM 21 is on my list to purchase.

edited
I wrote "Try the demo and see for yourself. Happy gaming, all!" at the end and then posted. However, Classicaljazz must have posted those very same words while I was still typing (great minds think alike!) so I came back in to delete mine.

hmmm maybe I'll say Respect to all fishies who swim in our huge pond!

Edited on 05/09/2017 at 10:19:56 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 9:45 AM
The Penguin family has been asked to star in a movie! Will it be an action packed movie, a drama, a horror movie? I'm bettin' it'll be a fantasy movie!
This latest version still has 6 different color bubbles, but they have added several new colors, including fluorescent colors and colors that remind me of gummy candy. You can switch between the color bubbles to help you solve these colorful griddlers, and you can earn a Gold trophy if you make no mistakes, a Silver trophy if you make one mistake and a Bronze trophy if you make two mistakes, three mistakes require you to replay the level. You will also earn up to three gold Stars if you don't use any hints, one star is deducted each time you use a hint. Therefore, it is possible to make a mistake or two but still earn 3 stars if you don't use any hints.
This is a griddler or mosaic type puzzle game where you fill in and cross of cells on various sized grids, using logic, so you'll never have to guess. (unlike some griddler games) They aren't easy puzzles to solve at times, but I love the challenge. If you are new to mosaic games, I suggest trying one of the earlier versions of Fantasy Mosaics. There are groups of numbers located on each column and row of the grid, each group of numbers must be separated by at least one blank or crossed off cell. Sometimes it's easier to figure out where numbers can't possibly fit to reduce the amount of cells and narrow the playing field down a bit. Some cells contain bonuses such as extra hints, extra mistakes allowed or an extra pickaxe which allows you to choose which cell you want a hint on. There is a Sun icon as well that when fully charged, will give you a mega hint, filling in or crossing off a 3x3 area of your choice.
The one feature that makes Fantasy Mosaics stand out from the rest of the griddler games, is the vibrant array of colors available, and now there's six different colors used to make the pictures even better. In this version, I think the pictures are really interesting, and really pop with all the new colors added. It can also help you solve the puzzle when you get stuck, because you can switch to another color which ultimately narrows down the available cells. Unlike many griddler games, these pictures actually make sense, because they have six different colors you know what image you have created.
This is my favorite Mosaic Griddler series and is one of the best available, and certainly the most colorful. This is a must have game for griddler geeks and an immediate purchase for this geek. I'll spend the entire day playing it, enjoy!

Go to: