Antique Road Trip American Dreamin

[Post New]by despo67 on May 8, 17 4:01 PM
If anyone is in the forums and have questions about why they can't go any further it is because Big Fish has stopped updating in 2015 so there is nothing you can do to complete anything It is just like their game Awakening Kingdoms they did the same thing even though they still have it on their list, the new people have a rude awakening when they try to finish the game

Re:Antique Road Trip American Dreamin

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 9, 17 2:46 PM
First a disclaimer...this is merely my opinion.

It seems that most of BFG's free-to-play games have been offered with the intent of continuous updates over at least several years. During the time that updates are available, there are no "finishes" like some of the games you purchase, play, then purchase another. Some of these, yes, are no longer being updated, but the content for ART offers free playing for at least a year. Unlike Awakening Kingdoms, ART does not leave us in the middle of a never-ending quest i.e. feeding the Chest.

If you have completed all of the quests, played for an entire year to participate in all Special Event quests, and Odin has received one of each of your collections (at which point he disappears from your screen), then your game is "complete" as far as what the game has to offer. Your achievements will only show 35/48 cities open, 5/8 pets, and 17/30 pet accessories. And there will never be a final RAN in the ? in the Special Collections.

You have the liberty of creating your own definition of "complete" at this point, without ever spending real money.

Again, just my opinion

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by coral_sea on May 9, 17 3:27 PM
It was interesting to read these opinions but now a question has come to my mind. Do you have to complete every collection one time when Odin finally comes to collect his "due." For example, if I have a collection which is completed but with the reward uncollected as yet, do I just have to collect my reward in order to satisfy Odin? Does this apply to the AES collections as well as the bronze, gold etc.? How about the special collections? That is going to take some doing! I guess it might be a good idea to save one of each collection. Please advise. My newbie brain is spinning.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 9, 17 5:31 PM
Coral-sea, in short, yes, Odin will want one of every single collection (except the one with the missing Ran which was never created). He comes in the form of a quest for each collection after your Warehouse is built to level 3. You will just have to collect your rewards on each collection to complete each of his quests.

Once he arrives, you can redeem each collection at your leisure...he may seem greedy but he's not demanding Just make sure to open/accept each quest before you cash in. He will only appear for the Special Collections during each related event.

Yes, it does take some doing, but you will be amazed at the numbers of collections you complete during regular game playing visiting the cities, countries, and mini-games. Especially if you enjoy HOS games and ART.

As an aside, don't hesitate to redeem your collections in order to play the mini-games, level up your buildings, get fuel, etc. To me, that's part of playing the game. Odin can wait.

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by coral_sea on May 10, 17 3:55 AM
Thank you! I started the game two weeks before the Valentine Event and completed that and the Spring Fling. Having not heard of Odin at that time, I cashed in all of the collections so I guess I will have to replay them to get a collection of each. Perhaps a note about Odin might be an addition to the lists that are so wonderfully posted for each of the special events. I am replacing the stolen paintings in the Office at this time. The warehouse is still in my future. Does Odin keep all of the rewards for cashing in the collections? I checked and I do have lots of uncollected rewards due to the fact that I don't need the items they give. Will I ever need any of that log, paint and brick stockpile again? All of my buildings are leveled up to 5. Your detailed answers to everyone's questions take lots of time and thought. They are greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 10, 17 7:16 AM
Odin only wants the Collection to put in the warehouse, you get to keep the reward. Good idea about putting in a reminder about Odin during Special Events. Maybe Oddly can edit , although at this point, with the original threads locked, sometimes it is time-consuming cutting and pasting, then editing. This is where y'all/we should be posting. Join in and keep the forum alive!

And don't get me started on the log, paint, brick stockpile...I could fill several warehouses, build on that undeveloped island in the fog, hand over a bunch to greedy Jillian who seems to need them while you are trying to level up your stores only to try to sell them back to you, and still have tons to gift friends. BTW a shame this was never possible

And thanx! I appreciate the appreciation

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 7:17:16 AM PST

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on May 10, 17 10:03 AM
I started plying in Feb and have been through spring 2x and just now got that mug off my screen. So there is lots of play to be had, OH and btw, I have never spent a real dollar, this game has been totally free for me, I just took my time and worked within my means, spent a lot of time shoveling snow to make money to play. LOL

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 10, 17 10:35 AM
LOL, I started in July but restarted I think in August (Yes, Margaret's gloves) so made my money cutting lawns. This Pirate's Day will be the start of my 3rd year. And I too had Odin's face glaring at me until the 2nd PDay. I was too new to the game to get it first go round. No rush, enjoy the ride!

And I am STILL trying to guru my mini-games. Teodi's may take a while

Dirk_Tee
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
483 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 10, 17 12:56 PM
Next time Jillian asks for resources, you can click the skip button. It won't cost you anything.
That is one of the glitches in our favour.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 10, 17 3:32 PM
Hey Dirk-Tee! I know the skip works on DQs, but is it also good for regular quests?

In addition, if a DQ asks you to spend resources to play a mini-game, you can click skip, or even play one with a lower amount of resources (like play Teodi's 7 instead of 16)

Dirk_Tee
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
483 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on May 11, 17 12:19 AM
I'm not sure about regular quests, it may not work there.
But it doesn't hurt to try it anyway.

[Post New]by zsgram on May 17, 17 9:47 AM
HELP I have been working for a year on getting the map for knights of the round table. I have 10 of the 13 and now stalled. I have played Teddi's game until I run out of threads then have to work to get more and still don't get the map piece. HELP

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 17, 17 12:18 PM
zsgram, welcome to the forum! Teodi's is the toughest so make sure you are searching for the missing pieces in the correct mini-games. There are veteran players who have created detailed layouts of the blueprints but you will have to google the sites. Pinkrollsroyce has some Walkthroughs, and our very own OddlyEnuh has them in a Photobucket.

Sending you a PM over to the right--------->

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 19, 17 9:52 AM
zsgram, look at your blueprints in your book to determine which pieces you are still missing. Then compare it with the "maps". The number on the map is the number of threads on the mini-game you will need to eventually find the missing piece, like 1b or 7.

A silly strategy, but it worked for me...stop playing Teodi's for a bit. Then go to another island on the map. Click the find button on your blueprint quest and let the quest take you there. Then play the correct mini-game.

Maybe it will work for you...although you might have better luck finding a four-leaf clover

Go to: