Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,382 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 9, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/09/2017 at 6:36:19 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,212 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope here.

[Post New]by mamajay on May 9, 17 5:02 AM
Had to delete the game after it locked up twice, at the Chapter 1 page. Couldn't even get the Task Manager to work properly!

Win 10, 64 bit pc.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 9, 17 5:31 AM
Windows 10 PC

Still trying to uninstall the game....it has held' me hostage, ctrl, alt, del isn't working and can't get it even using the task manager. I have re-booted, but still can't get the game off. It froze and I am stuck grrr'

Finally got it off....had to uninstall game manager, reinstall it, then shut down my computer. WOW , not good.

Edited on 05/09/2017 at 5:42:05 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 9, 17 6:37 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
546 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 10, 17 1:17 AM
Win 7 64-bit. Cannot do anything once arriving at the bar except to exit to the main menu. Nothing else engages at all in the scene.

ETA: All seems to be working fine now after a good nights' rest. Odd though.

ETA part 2: Nothing working in the "make coffee" HOP. Decided this game is somehow way too hinky so deleted and ran a Malware scan. Seems clean for now but will keep running scans every 6 hours for the next few days.

Edited on 05/12/2017 at 10:55:59 PM PST

[Post New]by frozenrosie on May 10, 17 7:33 AM
Getting error code 1403 and then when I tried to delete the demo I got error code 346. Using windows 8.1
Help please

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 7:34:43 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 10, 17 11:01 AM
Does tech support read our posts?

I am curious, as if not they should.

I also got that error code of 346 on this game along with another game. If you trouble shoot it, it doesn't show up on that page.

With that message, they only way out of the game running' message was to shut down my computer, uninstall game manager and then reinstall. Shut down again...
THEN it finally releases the game program.

What is error code 346?

Again, I am on a PC running Windows 10.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
546 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 10, 17 11:13 AM
CiChDa - search wiki errors; looks like there's an actual repair tool for that error. Yikes!

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 17 1:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues when trying to play this game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should and I'll be sure to provide some specific Big Fish Games Help pages to these issues. Please keep in mind that the Customer Support Team is separate from the forums. We are always willing to pass along what is presented in the forums to the appropriate teams for investigation of issues.

kgustavson, it is recommended to ensure that your video card driver is current along with running the game as an administrator. Both of these steps will allow the game to obtain the necessary resources and permissions it needs to run properly. Please refer to the help pages below:

Run Game as Administrator

frozenrosie, for error code 1403, it is possible that this may be related to the other errors in the following help page:

Errors 1400, 1401, 1402, and 1404

CiChDa, thank you for checking out the help pages for an article that is specific to error 346. You are definitely right as I am unable to locate a specific help page. Please reach out to our Customer Support Team so that they can look into this for you. We highly recommend to let the Support Team know of what error message you are seeing as using tools not approved by them may cause more harm than good.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,479 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 10, 17 3:51 PM
Whoa, am I ever sorry I tried to d/l this game yesterday....on my primary computer....which is now in a coma....and may have to be dis-connected from life support if it cannot repair itself through a system diskchk and repair. If that fails, I'll have to call my tech wizard neighbor to see if there is a way to repair the system. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Long story short, yesterday I tried loading this game and that DD Black Swan. This game failed, so the GM went on to Black Swan which successfully installed on my primary computer yesterday. I tried d/l this game again....and it caused my entire system to shutdown with the weirdest auto reboot I've seen in many a year.

Then it abandoned the reboot effort and brought up necessity to check disk for errors. I'm in a long drawn out process of trying to get it to boot up, but all diagnostics show same system error code and each attempt at diskchk hangs at the same exact point in Stage 2 of the testing. Now I'm just going to let it run overnight and see if it manages to somehow get better.

So I'm working off my backup computer now and I'm sure as heck not going to try d/l this game until I see that the developer has responded to customer concerns.

Oh, and no point to instruct me to read "help" or do a Dr. Felix -- please note that the computer that attempted this risky d/l yesterday is currently in a coma and cannot even get into Windows.

Is it too late to ask for the old BigFish back?? I really really miss the much more reliable testing prior to release, the previous live chat, and for sure the more timely tech support. I don't feel much like a "valued" club member/long time customer any more.

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 9:35:01 PM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,212 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 10, 17 4:25 PM
Hi kdubs I feel very sorry for your pc woes, and very grateful that my pc didn't decide to do the same thing - I have a feeling it came close, though !

I did reload the game yesterday, hoping it would work, but, again, it locked up at the Chapter 1 loading page

Sooo, after I finally got out of it, I deleted the game and gave up on it. I really don't need that sort of hassle just to play a game that is (apparently) on the short side.

Even if this glitch does manage to get fixed, I don't think I will be bothering with it again.

Jen.

[Post New]by ReadySteadyGoGo on May 18, 17 3:03 PM
The game froze up in the introductory scene. It looked like it was going to be an interesting game. I had noticed it needed an update, so I downloaded and installed the update. Then I thought I would go ahead and play the demo, since you've fixed whatever it was that needed to be fixed. However, you only thought you had fixed it! You need to work a bit harder on this one, I think. I'm going to uninstall it right away, especially after reading about the other customer that had her computer get totally messed up and will probably need professionally repaired. Please test your games better than this, Big Fish!

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on May 19, 17 10:41 AM
Hi there, Well I am having the same problems that everyone else is having too.
The problem is of the Freezing of this game as I get to Chapter 1 in it. I went and did everything you all said to do to try and fix this freezing from this game. I was hoping to really try and play this game to see about buying it but I guess not. I think you all also need to do another New Update for the Freezing of the game itself. I even had that code 1402 that came up once. I have all my Updates at my end here for my computer. I am on Windows 7 64 bts HP Laptop. I Do Not have any problems at all of running any other of your games new or old ones. This has been the one and only game that will not work for me so that would tell you that it has to be in the game itself. So please do not come back to me to put up your fixer ads that I already have done. So please look into this game a bit more for all of us that would like to try and maybe buy the game. If you all have a Windows 7 64 bts on a HP Laptop laying around somewhere can you try the game on yours too to see if it happens also? I also if you can need my 60 minutes on the game again to try as I only have 18 minutes left as that is cause of the Freezing from the game.
There is another thing too, when you all said about the other Update from May 15th you were saying to look at your Game Manager on the left side for the New Update. Well I pulled it up there was No Update there. So then I got back out of it and then looked for this game again to download then got Game Manager back up for to download game, After even the download still no Update shown anywhere on the left side of page. So why did I not see this update? Did the game updated itself when I downloaded it again? How can I tell if that update even went threw? I hope you do come back to me to answer all my questions as I want you to write them down, not something that is in a Big Fish File you have from them.

Thank you,
Wolfpupscvc

bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 1:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues encountered while playing Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope. I can see that some players have seen a similar issue with the game freezing, even since the update, and I'd like to provide some ways to reach out to our Support Team should you want further assistance with your purchased games as well as some suggested troubleshooting to attempt should you like to see if further assistance is necessary first.

The first thing I recommend is seeing if the following steps that have resolved most freezes players run into with our games in the past will help in this situation:

Wolfpupscvc, thank you for reporting what you're experiencing as well. Since it sounds like you've attempted some troubleshooting, I recommend continuing to contact our Support Team with the steps located in the following post. If further investigation is necessary, we may need more information provided to our teams so that we can help out.

kdubs, I'm sorry to hear you've experienced a hard drive failure.While we may be unable to restore your hard drive since it sounds like it physically failed, we can absolutely still assist with your purchased games. Please reach out to our Support Team using the steps in the following post with what has occurred and our Reps will do what they can to assist as quickly as possible.

I would like to say before continuing that our teams do their best to catch all bugs and issues that might occur with a game before it is released, but due to the innumerable and growing combinations of software, hardware, and other components interacting with one another, as well as their age and current ability to perform, it's impossible to catch every one. This is why moderators provide general first steps that help a wide variety of players and ask players that see no change after those steps to contact our Support Team for further assistance with the tools our Reps have available.

While it is highly unlikely that the installation of a game caused the physical failure of the hard drive, I definitely sympathize that the computer is now unable to play or be used properly, and I hope you're willing to get in touch with our Support Team so that our Reps can help make sure you're not stuck with a game you're unable to play.

bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 1:16 PM
For players that need further assistance, I would like to request that they get in touch with our Technical Support Team. They have the tools available to research further solutions to issues our help pages are unable to resolve, and they can gather information to provide to the teams behind the game should more investigation be necessary beyond that. Thank you for understanding that our Reps will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible to help with the tools they have available.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope those preliminary steps helped. Our Support Team is happy to assist, so if you need more help, don't hesitate to contact them using the steps above. Also, if there are further questions, please feel free to personally message any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: