Dire Grove help

[Post New]by flashopper on Apr 17, 10 11:33 AM
My bad. I hit the skip puzzle on the lock to get to the generator manual and can't get back to it ( to solve )so I can put it in my inventory. My only excuse is being a newbie. Love the game and would like to know another ( as good as )like it to buy. Thanks

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

Re:Dire Grove help

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 17, 10 11:43 AM
If you have skipped the puzzle you probably won't be able to get back into it as this button usually solves the puzzle for you. However, you should have received the reward.

There are very few games as good as Dire Grove. Have you played the other MCF games especially Return to Ravenhurst or Madame Fate.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 11:45:58 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 17, 10 11:47 AM
Assuming that you had the missing piece, of course

Return to Ravenhearst and Dire Grove are absolutely my favorite IHOGs (Interactive Hidden Object Games). Coming in behind them are:

Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle
PuppetShow
Echoes of the Past

So, those would be my top 5 IHOGs, then for honorable mention:

Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box
Drawn: The Painted Tower
Enlightenus

Welcome to the Pond, Flashopper!

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 11:47:30 AM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 17, 10 12:13 PM
There's a forum dedicated to this game, and you'll find lots of help there from questions that have already been asked and answered. There's also a link to the walkthrough for the game. Click on the All Games Forum tab above, then click on M for MCF Dire Grove.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Apr 17, 10 12:26 PM
Welcome to the pond.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 17, 10 12:26 PM
Welcome to the pond flashopper!

BinLA is right, the best place to find tips and hints is in the game forums. But you can always swim into Chit Chat if you want to talk about your favorite games, or get opinions from other players, or just to have fun!

I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread over to the Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Forum to keep all of your questions and comments in one place and you help others who may also have your same questions.

Happy Gaming!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by flashopper on Apr 17, 10 1:02 PM
Thank you all. Wow, the pond id deep. I will try the other MCF and look forward to more. It won't hurt to start Dire Grove all over again and solve the puzzle to start with. I'm having a blast!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 17, 10 2:37 PM
Look in your journal. I believe once the puzzle is solved the generator directions go into your journal.

Go to: