Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 10, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 6:33:43 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on May 10, 17 2:59 AM
Windows 10 - Crashed on 2nd game in the demo. Screen froze and unable to exit without manually shutting the laptop down.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Magic Cards Solitaire 2: The Fountain of Life here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on May 10, 17 8:45 AM
I would love this game but the graphics are horrible. I click on cards and it takes a few seconds to respond plus can hardly perform any game play because movement is so slow. I have Windows 7.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on May 10, 17 9:33 AM
I can't get past the fog. Where is the game?

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 10, 17 9:45 AM
running a maxed-out vista pc. have played their previous solitaire game with no problems.

this game, i get the dev loading screen with all its flashy effects, then the screen goes completely grey & the game won't load.

error message reads as follows: "error access violation at 0x00714E87 (tried to write to 0xE7E100)- program terminated."

edit: since the game page SAYS it runs in vista & XP, i tried running it in XP compatibility mode. this time i get no loading screens, only an error message which reads: "error-access violation at 0x040C092E (tried to write to 0x00000000)-program terminated."

btw drivers & service packs are as high as they're going to go on my vista machine.

Edited on 05/10/2017 at 9:55:05 AM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on May 10, 17 11:22 AM
I also could not get past the fog. I could find no way to actually start playing the game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 17 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post in this particular thread what is occurring when trying to play this game. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present. Below are recommendations from our Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve these issues.

kore21, thank you for letting us know that everything is up to date on your machine. It is recommended to refer to the following help page for troubleshooting steps that are specific to this error message:

Access Violation

pzzllvr, lcjdqs , and rainice, to help with the various issues mentioned, please try to run the game as an administrator. This will help the game obtain the necessary permissions and resources it needs to run properly. Please see the following help page for these specific steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to be present, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to look into these issues for you and provide assistance beyond what the forums can provide.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on May 10, 17 1:53 PM
on top left of screen there is a fairy with green buttons.press on them.should take you to first card game

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on May 10, 17 2:30 PM
I get to the point where I am suppossed to click on START and my mouse disappears. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Everything up to date. This game is a no play for me.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on May 10, 17 3:11 PM
Windows 7 64bit. cards won't flip or move. game just is frozen there. not a buy....but I do love me a new solitaire game. Looking forward to the next one

ragee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ragee on May 11, 17 12:38 AM
Cant even play. Whole screen is just grey.What is wrong.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 11, 17 8:55 AM
I downloaded the demo of this game to give it a try but it will not open for me. I've tried a few times clicking on the word "PLAY" next to the game title on my Game Manager.and the screen makes a flash, but nothing else happens. I have also tried clicking on the desktop icon for the game. Nothing happens.

Other BFG game icons on my desktop open without problem when I click on them... and the "PLAY" buttons next to other demos on my Game Manager and other games I own on the Game Manager open just fine. So I know it is a problem with the desktop icon and the PLAY button for this specific game and NOT a problem with my computer.

This sounds like a great solitaire game so I'd love to be able to try it... but unless they fix the technical issues with the game, it won't be possible. PLEASE FIX THIS GAME SOON SO EVERYONE WHO WISHES TO TRY IT WILL BE ABLE TO DO SO.

Classicaljazz

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 11, 17 11:10 AM
re: access violation/ as i said, drivers & directX are maxed. running game as administrator does not work. disabling antivirus does not help. this leaves me to conclude that it's probably crossing up with some some other program. i have seen this before, where a dev unknowingly uses the same file name structure as something else already on my computer, like a .bat file or something. once i had a game overwriting my go to desktop icon--which meant system restore & the game was unplayable.

rather than spend 3 days with customer service trying to figure out what's crossing up, i am deleting the game.

this dev's previous solitaire game runs perfectly fine on this computer. possibly they changed something in their file structures?

also, 99.9% of BF games run just fine on this computer. i've had a game membership for close to a decade. the last couple years, however, there are more instances of games not wanting to play nice with my computer. examples: the first emerland solitaire runs great, but the newer FTP emerland will not. FTP sunken secrets won't load either.

i would be interested to know if other people running XP/vista are experiencing similar problems. i realize the PC industry is trying to squeeze all of us XP/vista users into "upgrading." the problem with "upgrading" is lack of support for "legacy" programs, which i found out when switching from XP to vista. i will probably end up keeping this computer forever, just because of all my spendy art rendering programs. & i like my nice big screen, not a tiny phone screen to play on.

anyway if this trend continues, i will probably end up cancelling my game club membership. i have been very unhappy anyway since many games i've bought over the years have mysteriously disappeared from BF & are no longer available for download. if i had to reinstall windows, these games are gone forever for me. & sadly, i do tend to stay here for the solitaire.

end rant. thanks, & sorry, no sale.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on May 14, 17 11:06 AM
pzzllvr wrote:I would love this game but the graphics are horrible. I click on cards and it takes a few seconds to respond plus can hardly perform any game play because movement is so slow. I have Windows 7.

Same OS and same problem. Followed the instructions to "run as administrator" and game would not start at all. Had to revert settings to get game to run...still slow and choppy.

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but there is a second "window" running at the same time as the game(in the background)...it is listed as "Logs".

Edited on 05/14/2017 at 11:11:07 AM PST

[Post New]by gracie427 on May 19, 17 2:55 PM
Ravens Wood level 1 says "variant pairs" won't let me make any pairs after the 1st one.

[Post New]by lisabfarrell on May 27, 17 9:19 PM
I cannot seem to accumulate my magic points to exchange for cash. I earn them but they disappear when I start the next hand. ???

Go to: