kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

The Remarkable Ending

[Post New]by kandinsky on May 11, 17 1:28 PM
I am putting this separately from reviews because it seems like a topic of its own.
I will avoid spoilers.
The game plays as an adventure which I thoroughly enjoy, see my review on that,and then it is time for the ending.

we have come to a place where one could end it in a rather conventional way for a hopa game. mission accomplished. joy to the good. a bright future etc
possibly this can be in there somewhere but having resisted the terrible gravitational pull of the boring hopa story line this long the game somehow finds an escape pod as it were from this sort of ending.

the only thing that could be done to go further would be to end as Blazing Saddles or Monty Python and the Holy Grail did by breaking out of the walls of the theater.

That it does not go that far may help to preserve the sense of having been on a real adventure and that is all to the good. See what you think. I defy anyone to completely make sense of it and yet
I did not find it unsatisfying...

let this be a teaser for anyone who is stuck in the middle or doubting whether to even start a game that , horrors, has slow hint refill and a sense of oddity to it and no collectibles or animal helpers to build rooms for with bonus points etc.

Edited on 05/11/2017 at 8:25:17 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:The Remarkable Ending

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Aug 5, 17 2:01 PM
I don't quite understand all of what the above post means but I didn't find anything "remarkable" about the ending. The game was also very short to me.

Go to: