Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 13, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 7:11:05 AM PST

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by devonview on May 13, 17 2:38 AM
I have downloaded this game twice ie installed first time, game wouldn't open, so uninstalled it, and started again from scratch. Still the same problem. I have Windows 10, with all the latest updates installed within the past 24 hours. I'm now going to uninstall for the second time, and will leave it at least 12 hours before trying to install (and hopefully play) it again
Well, it's almost 24 hours later, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled again - still same result. So now have also uninstalled game, and Game Manager, and reinstalled both it and the game again, but STILL no improvement, so am almost ready to give up on this game. Pity because it sounded as though it could have been good

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 9:59:49 PM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 13, 17 4:38 AM
Windows 10 PC, won't open in game manager.......

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on May 13, 17 5:40 AM
Windows 10 downloads but will not play, installed and deleted 3 times.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on May 13, 17 6:48 AM
Windows 10, won't open.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 13, 17 7:17 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by elliehappyface on May 13, 17 7:23 AM
Am having the same trouble cannot download it ,am so fed up with all these games not working and all you seem to do is put the same advice on which really doesn't help

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 13, 17 8:07 AM
I'm not sure but there's something going on with downloads all of a sudden. I purchased this game and also another CE today and am unable to download either one of them. I keep getting Error Code 1404. Even if I try to download from purchase history (both web and app) it signs me out of the GM and gives me the error code again.

I went back and tried to download other older games and the same thing happened so I don't think it's necessarily this game but maybe a GM issue?

I've sent a request to Customer Support but this is very very frustrating to buy games and not be able to play them, especially on Mother's Day weekend!!! Boo hoo!!!

Windows XP

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 8:09:35 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 13, 17 9:02 AM
I downloaded the full game through the Game Manager; it's just finished installing and is now active in the GM, so no issues with either the d/l or install.

I'm running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 13, 17 9:40 AM
Played Demo and when it was finished I couldn't exit. Had to C/A/Del to get out

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 13, 17 9:53 AM
deejae101 wrote:I'm not sure but there's something going on with downloads all of a sudden. I purchased this game and also another CE today and am unable to download either one of them. I keep getting Error Code 1404. Even if I try to download from purchase history (both web and app) it signs me out of the GM and gives me the error code again. ...
Windows XP

deejae, here's an interesting result from google'ing "Big Fish Error Code 1404":

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/330314.page

You might try this, as I have the impression you've done already what the official Help page says (it also comes up in the search results, together with some outdated ones).

What I seem to recall as possible solution also (if you don't get a reply from CS over the weekend) is to uninstall and re-install the GM itself - not the game(s), but the Game Manager App, whatever it is called now.

In any case, good luck

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on May 13, 17 10:32 AM
I am running Windows 10 on a fairly new PC. I had no problems downloading or playing the beginning of the demo.

modom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by modom on May 13, 17 12:20 PM
I installed and played the demo of this game with no problem. Decided to purchase it and now it will not install. I also use Windows 10 on a PC.

hsemse
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by hsemse on May 13, 17 1:23 PM
Same here. Won't even try to open it.

Agent_99
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Agent_99 on May 13, 17 1:53 PM
I also could not get the demo of this game to load... uninstalled & re-installed both the game and game manager. I also had this problem earlier this week. My system is totally up to date and am running Windows 10. It's like they don't want my money!

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 1:54:28 PM PST

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on May 13, 17 2:15 PM
Running Win 7, 64-bit.
The game runs so hot on my pc it will cause auto-shutdown.

Sent in my Dr. Felix.

Thank you in advance.

[Post New]by Nienna on May 14, 17 5:06 AM
Running Windows 10 with all updates done. Downloaded the demo just fine, but it won't even try to open the game. It just lowers the game manager and does nothing. When you bring the game manager back up again it shows the recent activity screen which it shows when you exit a game. I've tried several times to no avail. Please sort it out.

Zaxs1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Zaxs1 on May 14, 17 10:30 AM
I am having the same problem Devon Nienna and others seem to be having. I have also downloaded, uninstalled 3 time to no avail. It will not open. Help us please.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 14, 17 1:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues being found while playing Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition. It sounds like there are a few similar issues here and I am going to go ahead and provide what has been reported here to the right teams as well as provide some steps to try to see if more investigation and troubleshooting would be necessary for this issue. I'm also going to provide a way to reach out Technical Support Team should it be found more investigation would be necessary.

It sounds like some players are having trouble downloading or installing the game, so I wanted to provide some preliminary steps to try to see if the issue can be resolved quickly or if more assistance may be necessary. The following steps have helped players encountering a downloading issue in the past:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Some players are also seeing trouble with the game crashing or not starting as expected. The following steps for games on PC that are encountering a crashing issue can determine whether more help may be necessary:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team to receive further assistance with a purchased game. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope that is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by juttawalker on May 15, 17 12:24 PM
Running W 10,played the trial with no problems,then buy and download took over 1 hour,wow,but it plays just fine for me

Go to: