Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 13, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/13/2017 at 7:08:59 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on May 13, 17 7:01 AM
Its interesting game. Not too creepy, guess I'm interested if the wife finds her husband. Its a CE so for some might be too much to spend on game, but try it may turn out to be what you'll enjoy!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 13, 17 7:10 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Pros and cons (for me)

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on May 13, 17 8:43 AM
I really liked the story, music, time period and characters. The voiceovers are good. I like lots of storytelling and picture telling, also. I don't expect collectables to jump out at me, but most of them were almost impossible to find. I buy games for relaxation. When it's more work than anything, I lose interest.

Try out this game because I know many of you will like it. I have many GRANDMA games but this is a no buy.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 13, 17 8:58 AM
This game won't win any awards for 'level of challenge' but I enjoyed the demo very much. The story may not be new but what story is? These are casual games, not novels and whilst I realise some may be bored with similar stories, personally I don't have a problem with it. To quote Ecclesiastes 1:9:- 'What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun'.

The graphics are colourful, although appear a touch grainy on my PC. The HOS seem quite scarce; I only came across one sparkling scene in the demo but there are a few mini-HOS scattered around. The puzzles were not very difficult but fun to complete. I particularly liked the one with the beads; trickier than it first looked!

There are 4 modes of play inc. custom and the map is easy to follow; it transports too. Collectibles are in the form of owls which morph; a tab on the left of the screen shows you how many there are to find in any scene One of the characters was wearing an owl badge/brooch, so that may be why they're the collectibles. I didn't look at the SG or the extras and I never have the music on.

I bought this game as I had 2 credits but was unable to take advantage of the 2 for 1 CE sale, as I had zero interest in Thursday's offering. That's life

No technical issues with the demo which ended with 20 minutes left. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 13, 17 11:44 AM
Hi all! Well, it looks like this is #5 in this series. I only have 3 of them, don't remember why. As usual, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story to others. This was a very short demo, even though it said 90 minutes, I still had 45 minutes left. That said, it is not always easy to make a fair review when the demo is short, but here goes. The colors in this game were very nice and bright, but not over-powering. Graphics for the most part were well done and clear, and moved in and out of scenes smoothly. We did have a couple of areas that were a bit blurry, but cleared up. I did catch something odd. In the beginning, when Bogdan turned sideways, he was about as thick as a piece of paper. It was very quick, but I know I saw it. Might have to replay to see it again. Voices are okay, but our lost explorer, Dave, sounds a bit whimpy. Maybe I've just watched too many Indian Jones movies. I did love the sound FX, very realistic and constant, so no dead silence, even though there wasn't much in the way of character interaction. Game play was quite good.

HOPs are just plain, unless they change up as you progress in the game. All we had during the demo was straight lists. Did not see that we could switch to something else when we got bored. Puzzles were very simple, and a simple story board "find this part and place it here" type of thing. We do a lot of back-tracking and I was beginning to get real tired of it when the transport finally kicked in. The map is set up nicely, but would have been better if it indicated whether or not you found all the collectibles. Strategy guide is the usual. The need to find a plant or animal spirit to help out was a bit much. They are too far and few between to keep you interested.

Collectibles are very disappointing. We need to find 80 owls. These aren't all that easy to spot, but so far, they have all been large enough to see. They are different sizes and shapes and most scenes have more than one to find. Definitely could have used a bit more, or at least made them morphing. I thought I saw one morph, but I clicked on it to quickly to know for sure.

This one started out very well, but then quickly fizzled out. The game moved too slowly, but then seemed to start to pick up again when it ended. Don't know if I want to spend the money to find out if it does or not. Same old story, just don't feel this one is CE worthy. The game is just too simple for me, but I think it would be a very nice game for beginners, or someone who just wants a lazy day no brainer. I have a number of those myself. I will recommend this for beginners, but probably not for seasoned gamers.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

HeatherDay
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on May 13, 17 1:40 PM
Possible spoiler.
You've been warned.

Playing on Win7 64 bit.
My pc started running so hot to the point of auto shut-down that I only got 17 mins into the demo. I'll send in a Felix report.

Possible spoiler:

Bogdan: "What are you doing here? The fog is dangerous. Follow me."
And we go into the cave I clicked to begin with (which was/is the obvious trigger for Bogdan .
Men lol

I didn't mind the graphics in the short time I played. I've seen way worse!
I also didn't mind the silhouette place-hidden objects in the very beginning.
I’ll add another review if/when I can play this demo. As of now, I think it’s my pc and not BF nor the game itself.
Respect to all fishies in this huge pond of ours
And happy gaming, all

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 13, 17 3:14 PM
I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I like this game. The graphics are rudimentary, but I'm not trying to frame it and hang it on my wall. The voice over is is not great, but it is not the programmers first language. It is understandable, and that's all I required. There is nothing new in the game, but who cares, the game is fun and playable, that is all I require. As far as looking for owls, I find collectables detract from the flow of the game. Searching for superfluous Items seems to draw me out of the story, but hey that's just me With all it's flaws, the game is fun. Try it you may like it. If not, delete the free trial.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on May 29, 17 12:44 PM
Based on completed game and bonus

I enjoyed this game very much. You have a game set in Siberia and it is not covered in heaps of snow. I personally quite enjoyed the graphics. I liked seeing a super blue sky with white clouds and realistic colors. The colors go more fantasy like when you enter a swamp area, but for the most part are quite true and realistic.

It seemed that a lot of time was spent to include cultural lore in the story and the backgrounds, objects to find, etc. I appreciated that aspect of the game as a nice fresh change of pace.

Challenge? Collectibles were lovely morphing owls that were a nice bit of challenge to detect. Be aware that in the first couple of chapters some owls show up the second time you enter a scene so check your collectible progress before completely moving to a new level. By Chapter 3 or so, the owls are exactly as they seem and you can pick them up the first time around.

HOPs had some interaction but to my delight were kind of old school, where you just find hidden objects and you can power through the HOPs or use the alternate game (whatever that was - saw a button but never used). The mini-games were generally easy to moderate in the main game, but challenge lovers will get theirs in the bonus chapter! There were some nice difficult puzzles in the bonus.

I thought the length was just fine for a CE. The story and setting kept my interest and the challenge between the collectibles and the bonus kept me satisfied on that score.

For a varied challenge level and a nice unique setting, I very much recommend this game!

Go to: