Tips and Tricks

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

Tips and Tricks

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 17, 10 7:14 PM
Since there isn't usually a walkthrough for this type of game I thought I'd start a tips thread.

Don't bother building bins or ATMs (unless it's one of the requirements). I found that to get the daily income needed for the last level of each mall I often had to use most of the places outside shops for decorations and so if I had built something else I ended up replacing it.

Remember to have the best employee for each of the shops you own to get a better daily income. Also you can change the employee if you have the wrong one there. This happens a lot when you buy a shop already built.

Try to build the bigger shops and/or shops on premium slots first if you can.

Building a bank (remember to keep collecting the income) or a theatre helps generate income but won't affect your daily income. When you have a theatre buy the most expensive film you can each time as this makes you more income.

Build the same type of shops next to each other to generate a better daily income. If you have 2 shops next to each other of different types then destroy one of them and then build the same type of shop as the remaining one as this will get you more daily income. Very useful on the last level/bonus level of each mall but you have to make sure you have enough time and money to do this and complete mall. Remember to also have enough money to build a new shop before destroying one as if you need to wait to get money then another shop may be built and you'll have to buy it all over again.

Don't worry too much about employing a cleaner at the start of each mall. Instead concentrate on building businesses and employing the repairman and security guard. I found not having a clean mall on the first level of each mall didn't make much of a difference.

If you are having a hard time getting a level at expert then replaying the other levels for that mall can help. I kept trying to get level 2 of the final mall but couldn't meet all the requirements in time. I went back to level 1 and rebuilt to meet that levels requirements but with the requirements of level 2 in mind. When I then replayed level 2 I beat it easily.

It's a good idea on the lower levels of a mall to wait until the last couple of days before finishing the requirements if you can. This way you earn extra money and can purchase more things on that level making the other levels easier to obtain. Remember the daily income amount you finish on in that level is the same amount you start with on the next level.

Re:Tips and Tricks

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 17, 10 7:31 PM
How very kind of you LoriW!

I'm sure many people will find this (and you) extremely helpful.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 17, 10 8:53 PM
thanks! that is so awesome!

my major tip is: upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! together with side-by-sides and decorations, it was the best way to spend a little, but gain a lot!

happy building

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Apr 17, 10 10:50 PM
Okay, this is going to sound awful, but what about the final level of the first mall? -.- Yes... I can't get past it... weep! Not in expert time, anyway. I keep waiting for the stores to come up "For Sale", but a lot of the time, they won't... not in the time I need them to.

Fawn9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Fawn9 on Apr 18, 10 12:37 AM
Ariinya wrote:Okay, this is going to sound awful, but what about the final level of the first mall? -.- Yes... I can't get past it... weep! Not in expert time, anyway. I keep waiting for the stores to come up "For Sale", but a lot of the time, they won't... not in the time I need them to.

I purchased some at full price without waiting for them to come up for sale. That was the only way I was able to get the expert score on that level.

Ninajo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Ninajo on Apr 18, 10 10:39 AM
Does anyone know how to unlock the large shops... I have the large clothing shop, but none of the others will unlock and I need the large music store.... thanks

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 18, 10 2:06 PM
For the large shops you need to buy the franchise for each type of shop before it's large shop unlocks.

The franchise button is the last one on the tool bar (place with the buttons to build shops, employ people, etc).

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 1:26:14 PM PST

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 25, 10 2:06 PM
Gamezebo has some tips for all the malls apart from the last one under their user tips and cheats section.

[Post New]by nicolareed on Apr 25, 10 3:59 PM
I have posted a thread about how I beat the last mall in this forum.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/92181.page

Still trying to figure out how to get the final cleaning trophy though, do you know LoriW?

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 25, 10 4:54 PM
I got it but don't ask me how. I didn't bother to keep the mall clean on the 1st few levels of each mall so maybe it's how clean it is at the end.

[Post New]by Rapsqueak on May 5, 10 3:16 PM
I think I must be doing something stupid here, as I can only find one other person asking, but, I definitely do not have the ability to build/buy a restaurant in the Arabian level (1st chance to). Someone put click in the available slot and an icon becomes available, but not to me. When I click in the space it says 'locked' 1 restaurant needed to unlock (or something like that). Please help someone

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on May 6, 10 1:10 PM
You will have the ability to build restaurants. From what you have posted you are looking in the wrong place. You appear to be clicking on one of the locked shop slots that are only unlocked when you build the restaurants.

You need to look for the narrow slots near the locked shop slots. They are not the same size as the regular shop slots.

[Post New]by getright5 on May 11, 10 10:29 PM
Help with mall 3 level 3. How do you get an 8 star store? I have played this level at least 10 times today. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

JJinJKT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JJinJKT on May 13, 10 5:46 PM
I finished the game but don't understand why I cannot get expert on few of the levels in each mall. I met all requirements and even went and upgraded all stores, kept the mall appearance over 4 star, etc. but still cannot get experts. For example, simple Seashell Level 3. What am not doing?

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on May 14, 10 5:39 AM
Did you meet the time requirement for expert?

JJinJKT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JJinJKT on May 14, 10 4:17 PM
Didn't know they had the time requirement. Better go back and check.
Thanks!

[Post New]by zacsnon on May 18, 10 9:19 PM
Thanks for all the tips......But how do you beat lvl4 mall 4? Been trying this 1 for weeks someone pls help me!!!

[Post New]by gamerqueen on May 20, 10 4:46 PM
Im stuck on Bouhas level three HELPPPPPP

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on May 20, 10 5:50 PM
There is a thread called "Mall 4 level 4 - please help" on page 1 and a thread called "Help Please Bauhaus level 3" on page 2 of this forum. Both of these have help posted for the levels you are asking for help on. Have either of you taken at look at them?

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 5:50:16 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Tips and Tricks

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 26, 10 6:21 PM
Something not in the on-screen dialog: A large store has room for 2 employees. The second one can be hired by clicking the store and then the empty-portrait icon, if you have the money.

I found I needed to go back and do that via a replay (thank you, LoriW, ma'am!) on the first level of Coconut Mall--and play thru level 2--in order to have enough money coming in soon enough to make Expert time on the 3rd level.

Go to: