no trial available

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

no trial available

[Post New]by alphab22m on Apr 18, 10 2:16 AM
I think I'll pass on this one. Everytime I have purchased a game without the
"try it" I've been dissapointed. I really don't like like going around and around, totally lost.
I just get mad and erase, so will wait and see how how the other reviews go.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:no trial available

[Post New]by donnasm on Apr 18, 10 4:04 AM
No trial This being an older game, I won't buy it right now. I have Windows 7 and I will want to know if anyone has issues with the game on that operating system before I even consider spending my money.

Azeela
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Azeela on Apr 18, 10 4:40 AM
I hardly ever buy a card that has no trial option. I just don't like it..

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 18, 10 6:15 AM
Downloading now from Rapidshare. Takes about 15 min. for free download.

File won't open. Looked and looked. Can't find yet.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 6:43:38 AM PST

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Apr 18, 10 7:10 AM
Playing fine so far on Windows 7.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 18, 10 8:30 AM
It plays GOOD on XP

Its an older game, I have never played these games before, SO I tried this LIKE IT!

Happy Gaming
PEN

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Apr 18, 10 9:10 AM
How do you know if you like or if you has problems with game without playing it first. So no trial no buy.

Rose

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 18, 10 9:28 AM
I never buy a game without trying it first. So also no buy for me today.

MamaNkid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MamaNkid on Apr 18, 10 9:28 AM
I understand the frustration, but just know that it's not Big Fish's fault. If they offered a time-limited trial version, they'd lose a lot of money from all the people downloading the game but not buying it, because this game's file size is larger than most. The games is about ten years old, so don't expect the developer to release a demo now, either.

As for compatibility, I haven't tried this one on Windows 7 yet, but it works great on XP and other older ND titles work well on 7, so I'm sure it's fine.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Apr 18, 10 9:55 AM
Does anyone know if we buy the game and don't like it, can we get a refund?

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Apr 18, 10 10:38 AM
No trial
NO BUY

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 18, 10 1:16 PM
Tried it, but get an access violation error. Wonder if you buy it if you still get the error. I think I'd better just pass on this one. I looked for a demo online, but couldn't find one at any of the places I consider safe.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 18, 10 2:55 PM
Oh, my heavens, the games are $6.99, folks. Even if there is no trial and you find you aren't crazy about the game, you are out only about seven bucks.

Also, this particular game is part of the Nancy Drew series. If you aren't sure about the Nancy Drew games, why don't you look at the list of games that BFG offer and see if they have offered any other Nancy Drew games. You will find, of course, that they have offered at least 19 of them, as they are among the most popular series available.

Go to the forums of those Nancy Drew games and see if the users have enjoyed their experience. If you are that concerned about not getting your seven dollars worth, then do a little investigation. What you will find is that if you pass on games simply because they don't have the free trial, you are missing out on some of the best games BFG has.

I can only speak of my experience, and it is my experience that I keep in perspective that I'm only dealing with about seven dollars, so if I don't enjoy a game, I haven't lost very much. I keep it in perspective that I don't waste money on other things people waste money buying, things like cigarettes and other pointless things that are equally as wasteful, so if I spend a few dollars a month for my entertainment when I don't waste money in any other part of my life, that's still a bargain. Again, that is simply my experience.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 3:07:25 PM PST

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 18, 10 3:06 PM
And to answer someone's question here: if you don't like a game then, no, BFG will doubtfully give you a refund. However, if you let them know you are unhappy with a game that didn't have a free trial, they will probably give you a coupon for a free game, which is basically the same thing, so it turns out being a wash and you come out even. I cannot speak for BFG, but it has been my experience that this is their pattern.

Also, if you download the game and you have technical problems, BFG will make a quick attempt to resolve your problem. If they cannot resolve your problem, they will take care of you as far as compensating you for the game, which, again, would probably be a coupon for a free game.

What you have to remember is we become members of BFG for a reason, and they take care of their members very well. If you aren't a member, then you should be. It costs you more money not to be a member and buy a game. If you purchase games from BFG, it makes no sense to not be a member.

I have never been a member of any organization in my almost 50 years that takes better care of its members than BFG does. If you have a problem, they are not going to leave you hanging.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 3:11:11 PM PST

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Apr 18, 10 3:32 PM
The Nancy Drew game rarely have a trial. It's something I hate but I know it's not BFG's fault. It's only seven bucks, which is way better then the 20 that it used to be and still is if you buy it from HER Interactive. They have boards where you can get reviews.

[Post New]by jelliburg on Apr 18, 10 5:47 PM
I did what I NEVER do...I bought this without a trial...I have NO idea what to do, or how to play. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 18, 10 6:13 PM
How in the world did you find that, MarkAlan? It's not linked on the main game page...

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 18, 10 6:15 PM
I TRIED to play this one, but i'm with you on the whole wandering around aspect...I just don't find the enjoyment in games where you just have to check every single little thing, nook, and cranny....I've always been of the opinion that these types of games are more for the story anyway.

anerims
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by anerims on Apr 18, 10 6:35 PM
Thanks MarkAlan for the link. I had no problem downloading on XP. Game worked fine during the demo.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 18, 10 8:00 PM
donnasm wrote:No trial This being an older game, I won't buy it right now. I have Windows 7 and I will want to know if anyone has issues with the game on that operating system before I even consider spending my money.

i don't know what kind of upgrades have been made to this game, but the version i have will not run on my 7 comp... have to play it on my laptop...

keep an eye out, though! someone else may have a better answer!

Go to: