Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 16, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/16/2017 at 6:43:31 AM PST

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures CE here.

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on May 16, 17 4:47 AM
I've installed and uninstalled three times and I keep getting the following error access code

"Error Access at 0x5EC865BA (tried to read from 0x00000031) program terminated

Running on windows 7 ultimate

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain: Secrets of the Lost Treasures CE here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 16, 17 6:43 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

GoldenMel
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenMel on May 17, 17 1:36 PM
I can start playing the game but with pink blotches all over instead of the items to pick up. I can´t see what the items are so no good. Windows 7 Home Basic.

asdkid
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by asdkid on May 18, 17 9:15 AM
I have all the puzzle pieces on stage one and yet there is still a piece missing so I can't play the bonus level. There are only 10 levels but 11 pieces to the puzzle.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on May 21, 17 1:33 PM
asdkid wrote:I have all the puzzle pieces on stage one and yet there is still a piece missing so I can't play the bonus level. There are only 10 levels but 11 pieces to the puzzle.

You only need 10 puzzle pieces to solve the puzzle. You have to solve the puzzle before you can do the additional bonus level - be sure you're clicking the spot with the puzzle piece to do that first.

[Post New]by PompeyGirl1 on May 22, 17 12:00 AM
Can only play in full screen, not within a window. Having fullscreen option within options menu ticked or unticked makes no difference it still plays fullscreen. Running Windows 7.

[Post New]by Looloobowers on May 22, 17 4:21 AM
Hi, I have issues with the puzzle pieces, some are missing. When I look where it says they should be there is nothing there. Please advise.

[Post New]by TClayton on May 22, 17 7:09 AM
The game played perfectly until I hit Level 19. On clicking play, the loading banner screen appears, then instead of loading the level.... a black screen shows. The cursor can move over the screen, but leaves a trail. The only way to exit is to Cntr-Alt-Del, start the Task manager, and then shut down the game. Very disappointing, because it was working beautifully until then. Using Windows 10, did not bother to delete and reinstall.

[Post New]by rhonnie1965 on May 22, 17 7:45 AM
the whole game plays fine. Each level has at least one or two puzzle pieces missing. they are not where it shows they should be. I cannot get to bonus level because of this.

went through the whole game again, when looking at the map, it shows certain levels that I supposedly did not get the puzzle piece. however, when I play those levels, when It shows I made 3 stars, it shows that I did get the puzzle pieces. so I did get all the puzzle pieces, it's just not showing it on the map, no allowing me to do the bonuses

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 2:47:01 PM PST

[Post New]by soph0571 on May 22, 17 1:37 PM
There is no puzzle piece in Level 41. I have deleted and re down loaded but it has not fixed it. I am on Windows 10. I have completed the rest of the game but cannot get to the bonus level

[Post New]by Jclaud on May 23, 17 12:50 PM
I don't have enough time to read the messages between the games. They load so quickly there is only a few seconds to read, please give me more time. Love the game otherwise. Thank you

[Post New]by Jaderi22 on May 26, 17 7:18 PM
After I completed the 1st 10 levels and found ALL pieces, there is still a piece missing in the puzzle. I have completed the entire game except that 1st puzzle and bonus. I went back to every level; still missing a piece. Tried in both easy and normal mode.

ygauld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

missing puzzle pieces

[Post New]by ygauld on May 27, 17 12:08 AM
This is evidently a technical issue - yes, according to what it says at the end of each level, I have collected all the puzzle pieces but still no access to bonus levels. I have tried replaying levels and cannot find any puzzle pieces missed (as you say they disappear when collected the first time). Yet when I try to complete the jigsaw puzzle there are pieces missing, hence I cannot access the bonus levels. I feel cheated - this is not then a "Collector's Edition" (no extras) but comes with a premium price tag! Would the developers kindly have the courtesy to respond please, I am evidently not the only customer with this problem – either fix the bug (if that’s what it is) or explain what it is we’re not doing to be able to complete the jigsaw and then access the bonus levels. Better still scrap the jigsaws they are neither fun, interesting or challenging and add nothing to enjoyment of the game. Thanks.

[Post New]by scootcher on May 28, 17 10:00 AM
no piece on 41 and I can't access bonus level w/out this piece! puzzle ..three stars on all levels

mitupogo
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by mitupogo on Jun 13, 17 11:12 AM
I also want to play in windowed mode. It has a place to unmark full screen, but it does nothing. ALSO, I can't decorate the office. WHAT's UP???

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 13, 17 2:31 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear this game hasn't been working properly for you. Let's see what we can do to fix that.

For those who can't play the game in Windowed Mode: it's possible that the computer's screen resolution is interfering. For more information about how to handle that, please see the help page below:

Screen Resolution

If the game's screen has gone black or the game freezes, there are several troubleshooting options. The first is to run the game with administrator permissions. The second is to check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. For instructions about those respective processes, please refer to the help pages below:

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a puzzle piece is missing, or if the troubles persist, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to offer further assistance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another active moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by DavyRavenhorst on Jun 22, 17 7:52 PM
Hello all fishies:

I also agree with Jaderi22 that I also cannot complete the first bonus puzzle after playing the first 10 levels and gotten every single piece, but still yet there is a piece missing !! How is this possible?! And is this a technical glitch that we fishies cannot complete the first puzzle with a missing puzzle piece (and got all others)?! Good grief !!

Devs, please update this game so that we can complete it; otherwise this is NO fun at all missing a bonus level !! Boo hoo...

I also contated support for help on this; maybe they can give me an upper hand (and maybe contact them)... But we'll see about that...

Edited on 06/22/2017 at 7:54:32 PM PST

[Post New]by SimLyn425 on Jun 23, 17 6:35 PM
Help Cannot uninstall this game Error code 346 It states to close the game to uninstall but my trial minutes are over and I can't get back in to close the game Attempted to uninstall it with the icon and also with programs and features in windows and it states the same thing Please help

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 23, 17 11:25 PM
@SimLyn425
Could you possibly close the game via task manager?
Sometimes when I play a game and then close it, it continues to be 'open' without being anywhere on my screen.

So close the game manager, if you still have it open (just in case)
Go into task manager (you can either press control alt delete to get this option up or on my computer I can also right click on my task bar to get the option to open the task manager.)
Scroll through the list of programmes running and look for the title of your game under the description column, if it is still running then the title should be listed, so when you find it right click on it and choose end process, then click end process in the pop up.
Also look for the big fish game manager in the list and close anything that is entitled with that i.e. Big Fish: Game manager application., (again, just in case).
Close task manager and retry to uninstall the game from whatever place you like e.g.. programmes or game manager by opening it again, scrolling through the list of your games and clicking on the bin icon next to the one you want to uninstall.
If you do manage to uninstall it but your shortcut icon for the game was in a file instead of on your desktop, then you may have to manually delete the shortcut icon as well.

I don't know whether any of this will help you but it works for me at least when my computer says a game is still playing, so it might be worth a try.
Good luck.
Sazoria.

Go to: