kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Money well spent!

[Post New]by kelnjor on Apr 18, 10 6:23 AM
Just finished game, and what a great game it was! i decided to have a go this morning, and this was a perfect mix of what i was looking for..adventure, mystery and a HOG all tied into one..the best part being that it wasn't overdone with HOG scenes like some games..
I must admit i also liked the fairy..she was quite cute and made me smile whenever she spoke..it was challenging, while being easy at same time, had lots of areas to cover, and some great little mini puzzles. I thought the graphics where good, along with the story line...like a few others have mentioned, the story ending wasn't that fab though..left wondering whether we will see a sequel or not? if so will be a definite buy for me!
alot of in-game help, if needed, which saves having to check walkthru if stuck..depending on how good you are, i think most people would get at least 4 hours game play if not more..not sure how long it took me, as was coming and going..but would have been more than 4 hrs!
Great buy! thanks

Mookie25
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Money well spent!

[Post New]by Mookie25 on Apr 27, 10 10:35 PM
Thanks for the review. I just finished the 60 min demo & was debating buying it.
I shall now for sure.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Apr 30, 10 10:03 PM
Hi Mookie25

Hope you enjoy as much as i did

Mookie25
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mookie25 on May 3, 10 4:48 PM
kelnjor wrote:Hi Mookie25

Hope you enjoy as much as i did

It was OK. WAY too easy. I don't really like games that tell you everything you need to do (like sparkle every object you can manipulate). Should have known this from the demo...but it just didn't register until too late.....my fault

I like games that give you an option on difficulty.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 3, 10 10:38 PM
Hi..yes it was a bit on the easy side, but since it had quite a few different areas of game play and nice graphics, i thought worth the money, and also nice to have a stress free game, that just flows along..

If you want more of a challenge, you should try MCF - Dire Grove, if you haven't already, completely different game, though still an IHOG/Adventure, prob the best one yet..and alot more challenging..

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Sep 12, 10 11:00 AM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it. yip, the sparkly bits did make it a tad easy, but it didn't detract from the game play. It was a nice relaxing enjoyable game. Would definitely recommend it.

Emma_29
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emma_29 on Jan 27, 11 9:35 PM
lovely game...loved every minute of it...just hoping there were more minutes to enjoy...

I finished it in about 2 hours only...worth buying still

[Post New]by SaladFork on Mar 26, 11 12:44 AM
Glad I read this, since it's a DD today. But I dislike "sparkly hints," since it tends to make games too easy, and always makes me feel rushed to find something before the "hint" comes up. So because of this, hints tend to make a game more stressful for me instead of the relaxed, stress-free experience some have expressed.

I wish developers would put a checkbox in Options for whether a player would like hints to be ON or OFF, with the default being set to ON for those who don't mind them. Just having the option would be nice.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 26, 11 1:06 AM
Hi Kelnjor

Thanks for the review.
You queried a possible sequel. I beta'a one a while back, Princess Isabella - return of the Curse. The fact that today's DD is the first one makes me think that the sequel is about to be released.
I certainly enjoyed the "sequel" - a light pleasant game for those who don't like the dark eerie ones but still interesting.
Today DD may not be challenging enough for some but it's well worth the DD price IMO

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 26, 11 7:44 AM
I remember when I demo'd this the "sparkle" factor really turned me off but I did put in my notes that I thought it was a nice relaxing game so at the DD price it's a buy for me.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Apr 2, 11 6:03 AM
Some people might say this game is too easy, but I found it to be the right amount of challenge. I also love the fact that it has a built in strategy guide and other bonus features, which makes it like a CE but at SE price. The strategy guide is not easy to find, and I didn't even realize it was there until I had been playing for a while, but I did end up referring to it a few times. To access it, you click on the question mark box on upper left side of the screen.

I found this game to be the right amount of challenge because I was able to do most of it on my own. I did get confused or stuck a few times, and when I couldn't figure out what to do next, I had the strategy guide to refer to if I needed it, which was nice, but I also liked being able to figure out things without it.

I stretched my gameplay over a few days, of playing in 2 hour chunks, so I would guess that this game took me at least 6 hours to finish. I am slower than other players here, so I might not be a good judge of game length, but it kept me happily entertained for a while.

I wouldn't have found out about this game if it hadn't been a DD the other day so I'm really glad it was. I think the game is totally worth full price, so if you missed out on the DD, you still might want to give it a try, since it is a very entertaining and well made game.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Apr 16, 11 12:17 AM
I think I downloaded it as a DD & didn't find a chance to try it out but picked it up yesterday during the Spring Fever sale. Wouldn't have even minded if I'd paid full price for it!

Excellent easy going cute & fun game. Sure there was a lot of "hand-holding" but challenging enough though. I even got to like the fairy (even though initially I wanted to smash her with her own rock!) Fairies are supposed to be cute.

I liked the way the game flowed from room to room and not alot of going back and forth from one side of the castle to another - the essential objects were condensed to one part of the area.

The title puts it into the dark & eerie genre but it's far from that.

Yeah, I loved it!

Go to: