bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Mac version for Mall-a-Palooza now available!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 18, 10 8:45 AM
Hey Fishies!

The Mac version of Mall-a-Palooza is here! If you haven’t checked it out yet, try this game by clicking here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mall-a-Palooza players.

if you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

Re:Mac version for Mall-a-Palooza now available!

[Post New]by juniper111975 on Apr 18, 10 3:28 PM
Has anyone had problems trying to play the Mac version? I have downloaded the game and it will not start. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. According to the system requirements my computer is above the requirements. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 18, 10 11:39 PM
I played the one hour trial and have had no problem with it. Will most probably buy it as it was fun playing for that hour. I have an Intel iMac.

[Post New]by mewjane on Apr 19, 10 6:55 AM
I also couldn't get the game to open on my Mac. The trial screen goes away, the desktop is there for a second and then the trial screen comes back. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I have a PowerPC Mac, maybe that has something to do with it?

[Post New]by juniper111975 on Apr 19, 10 12:24 PM
mewjane wrote:I also couldn't get the game to open on my Mac. The trial screen goes away, the desktop is there for a second and then the trial screen comes back. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I have a PowerPC Mac, maybe that has something to do with it?

I think that might be the problem. I was wondering if we needed an Intel Mac. Usually it alerts us when we try to download a game, in this case it did not. Also it should be listed under the requirements to play the game.

[Post New]by mewjane on Apr 22, 10 6:52 AM
PowerPC was the problem. I tried it on my Intel Mac and it worked just fine. Weird that there was no system warning with it though.

[Post New]by kismoore on Apr 23, 10 1:42 PM
My system did warn me that it wasn't made for my machine. I can over-ride that and I did, since the website states the following:

System Requirements:

* CPU: 800 Mhz
* RAM: 256 MB
* Hard Drive: 114 MB

so I thought the game would work on my powerbook.
But after the install, the game wouldn't open. it's a sad day... I have to play it on the windows computer in the back room.

[Post New]by kismoore on May 6, 10 1:42 PM
Not working on my laptop for the same reasons, i guess. Now my problem is that it won't let me eject the disc image, delete the files, or close the game since it says the game is open, even though it's not visible anywhere on my system except the desktop. grrrr!

__ME
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by __ME on Jun 1, 10 5:26 AM
I installed (bought!) the Mac version and i have some problems with the graphics, because some (many?) of them are missing ... no mall, no stores, no buttons at the menu, only half the people, for example. Just plain white where the elements should be. Kind of sad.

Mac OS X Version 10.6.3
2,33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Radeon X1600

If anyone please can help!
Thanks!

Go to: