Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,384 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bonfire Stories: The Faceless Gravedigger Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 18, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/18/2017 at 6:30:17 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bonfire Stories: The Faceless Gravedigger Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bangels10 on May 18, 17 1:05 AM
Game repeatedly freezes when checking paw prints. Back button doesn't work. When I try to restart the game it remains frozen and Play button will not work. Re-installing unfreezes game, but refreezes if paw prints button checked. Using Windows 10! (the new one) 64 bit. Other games so far not experiencing problems with new Windows 10! OS (aka Windows Creator)

Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,384 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bonfire Stories: The Faceless Gravedigger Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 18, 17 2:41 AM
Hi bangels10

I also have Windows 10.

When you view the paw prints there is the word BACK at the bottom which doesn't seem to work. I found out that if you click on one of the letters it takes you back to the game.

I found that the letter A is the best to try by clicking on the white print not the background colour.

[Post New]by lala4home on May 18, 17 6:20 AM
I had the same problem with the paw prints and the back button on Win10 but when I tried any method to get back to the game, I got a black screen and a crashed computer. This is in the demo. So I made it 5 minutes in and Boom. There went 15 minutes getting back up...

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bonfire Stories: The Faceless Gravedigger Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 18, 17 6:31 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Windows 10
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bonfire Stories: The Faceless Gravedigger Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bluejen on May 18, 17 8:42 AM
lala4home wrote:I had the same problem with the paw prints and the back button on Win10 but when I tried any method to get back to the game, I got a black screen and a crashed computer. This is in the demo. So I made it 5 minutes in and Boom. There went 15 minutes getting back up...

I have exactly the same problem, however I'm playing on a Mac running the latest version of Sierra. Not being able to play will obviously seriously affect the sales of this game.

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on May 18, 17 9:09 AM
in the demo version, tried to use horn to scare crow, but didn't work and now the horn is gone, can't get the inhaler now and in the guide, it says to use horn to get inhaler!

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

re: horn disappears and cant get the inhaler

[Post New]by Sidney420 on May 18, 17 9:10 AM
in the demo version, tried to use horn to scare crow, but didn't work and now the horn is gone, can't get the inhaler now and in the guide, it says to use horn to get inhaler!

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on May 18, 17 9:13 AM
Same thing happened to me with the paw button. The back button didn't work and I had to use Task Manager to get out of the game. I had made it through the gate to the house when I tried. I use Windows 10. Please fix this! I was going to buy the game till that happened!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,283 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 18, 17 9:24 AM
I was able to go back by clicking on the tip of the letter K. Bit tricky to get the right pixel but that's where it worked for me.

Hope this helps

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on May 18, 17 10:57 AM
Windows 10 - didn't get very far in the demo when the game crashed. Tried again later and it crashed again in a hidden object scene. Gave up at that point - no sale for me.

judy76073
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on May 18, 17 3:00 PM
no tech issues here - i'm on the bonus chapter now - using windows 8.1 on a PC.

[Post New]by wizardisoff on May 18, 17 3:21 PM
i also have the paw problem and can not get back. No matter what I push. the computer locks up and I have to do task manager. I also have 2 cursors. the big one and a small one that flashes about 2 inches away from it. Windows 10

Edited on 05/18/2017 at 3:22:22 PM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,303 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 18, 17 8:43 PM
Could not play. Message stated "video adapter not supported". Windows XP.

zuliker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by zuliker on May 18, 17 9:46 PM
Paw Prints issues here, Windows 7. First scene, clicked and the back button is useless. Clicking on a scene doesn't take me anywhere. Off to a bad start with this so far, which is a shame because the game otherwise looks great.

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 9:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring within their game. I'm sorry to hear that various issues are being experienced. Since we don't have the tools to provide in depth troubleshooting steps from the forums, I'm going to include below Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve these issues.

For players on the Mac system, please look through the following help page for steps specific to this operating system:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are on a PC, please try to run the game as an administrator. This will help the game obtain the necessary permissions to run as it should. The steps are in the help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

I've also gone ahead and passed the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams. If any information is brought to our attention, we will post in the forums. In the meantime, if issues continue to persist, players are welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,283 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 19, 17 11:40 AM
I bought the game and have finished it. However the 'Reset' button in every one of the puzzles didn't work. I had to skip a few because of this, which I hate doing but had no choice.

Devs need to address this issue.

FIRST HOP WITH TRIANGLES

[Post New]by LaVerne702 on May 19, 17 12:11 PM
In the first HOP (the one with the triangles), I see sparkles over the piece of paper indicating that I need to click there, but when I click, nothing happens. Cursor does not change to magnifying glass or gears. Help please! MacOS Sierra

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 12:44:58 PM PST

judy76073
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on May 19, 17 4:01 PM
played the entire game - no issues (windows 8.1 on PC) - never tried clicking on the "paws collected" - I know I got them all.

hidnseekr
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on May 19, 17 7:26 PM
same problem here with paw prints locking me out

Go to: