smallcharm
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Unfinished Offers

[Post New]by smallcharm on May 18, 17 10:19 AM
I have been searching the forum to find the answer to this question: What happens when an offer is not finished and you have completed two thirds or even half when it ends? Do you lose all that work and have to start again when it comes around or is it credited? Many thanks in advance of information...

marliza
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

Re:Unfinished Offers

[Post New]by marliza on May 18, 17 10:29 AM
since the events all have you create artifacts, you can open your artifact listing and see what artifacts are there incompleted. the list usually goes from the ones that are complete, on down to the ones that you haven't got anything for. (improper English there, I know, but it's the only way I could say it right now).

I think for most, the items you have collected are keep-able. sometimes if you were collecting a large number of items from feeding a creature, those will set back to zero. sometimes I heard the artifacts do the same. it all depends on which event (offering) it is. But you can always tell what you have by going to your artifacts and see.

****The thing is - when you re-start an event, that event does not know that you already have an item - so you'll have to go through ALL the tasks again - even if you already have it!

Sometimes in the course of playing, a person might get two of an object. sometimes they have none of the others, and put the ones they are in need of on their wish lists. Gifting those items (when you have extras) helps to balance things out a bit.

Also - if you have 20 blue crystals, you can purchase the event to play over - if it is offered in the listing under "more events".
I hope this helps.

Edited on 05/18/2017 at 10:34:16 AM PST

smallcharm
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on May 18, 17 12:58 PM
Many thanks marlisa, now if you reopen the event will it recognize the already collected items? I am able to reopen an event but not if I have to start from scratch...many thanks again....

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on May 18, 17 1:27 PM
Smallcharm,

Marliza is correct in saying that you will need to complete all tasks from the start. This will mean re-collecting the parts and constructing the artifacts. If you have collected more charges than you used, those charges will likely still be available to you. I say likely as there has been perhaps one instance in the past 3 years where everything was zeroed out.

Now, you have 4 of the 5 items needed for an artifact or even all 5 of them but did not put the artifact together the first time the offer came around. These will likely still be in your backpack, but the system will require you to collect them again. If you have a trusted neighbor, you can gift them to the neighbor who can gift them back to you. DO NOT take them out of your gift box until the game asks for that specific item. Poof, you get credit for obtaining the item without the extensive search repeated a second time.

smallcharm
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on May 18, 17 1:44 PM
Jarrow, WOW, WEEE WOW WOW!!!!Thank you.... This is very good information. It is sad that one has to start over again( it is already a long game )but fun...and yet there are some cheats to help....very nice Still so much to learn...be well and see you round the pond....

marliza
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on May 19, 17 6:45 AM
smallcharm - you are sooo right to WOOWEE Jarrow!!! I didn't even THINK of what she said here!!! What a GREAT way to re-do an already done artifact!!!
YAY for JARROW!!! - and Thanks!!! from ME, too!!!

ToscaShops
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ToscaShops on May 19, 17 9:32 AM
We need an artefact exchange thread where people can swap things they have leftover from the last time the event ran. Or is that against the rules?

smallcharm
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by smallcharm on May 19, 17 11:40 AM
Tosca....R there rules???? Send me a copy 'cause I have been looking for them ....big hug and happy reading

Katwoman991
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Katwoman991 on May 19, 17 2:53 PM
Most players will not create an exchange on the forum for these - this usually happens with Lever Lock pcs, Elven Brooch..etc.
However we all have trusted friends that will do the exchange with you - each other puts the requested item and plays the swap. Like Jarrow said - do not accept the item until you click on it on your left side, then go in your gift box to accept the item.
Kat

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 2:54:20 PM PST

Go to: