Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 19, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 5:20:10 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 5:20 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear For Sale: Hidden in the Darkness.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jun 17, 17 2:37 PM
I think this is another great addition to the Fear for Sale franchise. While the story line isn't unique, it is interesting, and the game play is smooth. The mini games are varied in difficulty and fun to solve. I love, love, LOVE the jigsaw puzzle alternative to the hidden object scenes.

All together a very satisfying game to play, and I highly recommend it.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 10:46 AM
Emma Roberts had barely finished reading an article about the disappearance of a young woman named Linda Swan, when Linda herself appeared as a vision. Emma is no stranger to these deja vu moments, an award winning journalist for the Fear For Sale Magazine, and a Paranormal Investigator (she's had her fair share of visions, in fact, she's been having visions for about 10 games now lol) It doesn't take Emma long to connect the dots, and these dots seem to end on Drammond Island, where a new tourist attraction has opened up in the old abandoned house. A house where lot's of things go bump in the night!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is the best storyline Fear For Sale has ever written! The downside is that the game is far too simplistic with little to no challenge whatsoever. If you are a beginner, this is a 5 star game you simply must try, seasoned players won't be as thrilled, unless you want a relaxing game that doesn't require a whole lot of effort. Fear For Sale has a unique feature that awards the player with points for just about everything you do in the game. As you collect points, you level up from a mere Cub Reporter, to a pulitzer prize winning journalist This Collector's Edition has the usual Fear For Sale Collections, 5 collectibles in 5 categories (Lust for Power/Freelancer/Spiritualist/Greed and Fear/A Kind of Magic) as well as 33 Morphing Objects. The problem with these features is that the cursor changes to a hand and shouts "ooh, ooh, here I am"
The Hidden Object Scenes are typical FFS variations, mostly Listed Item finds, but there are also Silhouetted Shape finds and HOP's that are more of a mini game than a Hidden Object Scene. There is an alternate Jigsaw Puzzle to play if you're not into HO's.
The Mini Games are all no brainers, but sometimes that's okay if they are fun. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Select the misplaced items on the screen using the photo as a reference.
2) Use the photo clue to open the color coded lock.
3) Use directional arrows to steer the boat, avoiding obstacles that are shown on the navigator.
4) Move the green marker to avoid the red dots until the progress bar is full.
5) Select and drag buttons to overlap images to become one clear image.
6) Select the 2 or 3 symbols on the fingers that when combined will replicate the symbols shown on the hands.
7) Select adjacent buttons to connect them all in a continuous line that doesn't cross itself. The numbers on the buttons indicate how many connections it can accept.
This Collector's Edition has 9 Wallpapers, 11 Concept Art pictures, 3 Music Soundtracks, 11 Achievements, 24 Hidden Object Scenes, 30 Mini Game Puzzles, 25 Collectibles, 33 Morphing Objects, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

[Post New]by jesevo on Jul 23, 17 5:35 PM
Twice now this game has stopped working for some reason. The first time I even had to restart my computer. Anybody else had this problem??

Go to: