Bagpuss22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Windows 10

[Post New]by Bagpuss22 on May 19, 17 4:38 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
, I'd just like to say that after a month or so not being able to play MC , I can now play again because I altered the screen resolution to 1600x1200, launched the game, exited & then re-applied the better resolution. So, many thanks to the original poster!!

All due to a W10 update that screwed MC for me. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 8:27:07 AM PST

Gen_1236
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Windows 10

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on May 19, 17 7:07 AM
Hello
I have windows 8.1
I turned off automatic updates over a year ago because I just couldn't spare the data
Some of the updates were 700+MB. I only have 10GB each month..
If Windows 10 works now, maybe shut down auto updates? Or at least choose which ones to download.
Harry

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 8:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

To ensure that the forums remain accessible to everyone who would like to participate, we ask that users not comment on moderator actions and keep their posts respectful. Please do not call unwanted attention to others in the forums to help adhere to the rules.

If players are experiencing technical issues with Windows 10 and are unable to open the game, it is recommended to try temporarily adjusting your screen resolution to a lower setting. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Lower the resolution- switch to 1600x1200
2. Launch Midnight Castle
3. Exit game.
4. Revert to preferred resolution.

For more information about screen resolution, feel free to look through the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Screen Resolution

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and your player ID if able. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

We also ask that technical issues be placed in the following designated thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

By posting issues in the above thread it helps the Moderation Team identify trends that players are seeing in their game as well as the impact it has. We can then advocate for the players and ensure that the appropriate teams are aware of this information.

bfgBellerophon
8,051 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 19, 17 8:35 AM
I also wanted to thank Gen_1236 for mentioning that players have the option to turn off automatic updates. Please reach out to the Support Team if you have issues with this action.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 8:36:36 AM PST

Go to: