Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 20, 17 12:51 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/20/2017 at 6:28:13 AM PST

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by devonview on May 20, 17 2:47 AM
Another game that won't open ;-( Using Windows 10

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 20, 17 4:17 AM
Windows 10 PC game won't open.
Held me hostage, I had to reboot the computer to get out of it - not running., but uninstall said it was.

Still getting error 346.

Yes, i am talking with CS, and they are trying.

It confuses me, even some of the other games I already had purchased now won't open.

I have a BF logo that has a red/orange lock on it with the games title that says unlock game....only option I get is to uninstall, but that doesn't even do it. Anyone else get this little lock?

Oh ya, I get the normal bleep' then another one that clunks'.

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by OzGuy on May 20, 17 4:42 AM
The game was not opening in Windows 10 (with latest Windows 10 Update installed) ... I tried the suggestion of reducing Screen Resolution and then changed it back again to my usual setting (I used the windows video settings and not my video card driver/setting control panel)... the game now plays ...

Edited on 05/27/2017 at 10:51:45 PM PST

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on May 20, 17 5:59 AM
I also am running windows 10. This game will not load which is a big disappointment. Second game this week. However I did download the Microsoft windows Update to prevent the virus that is going around. Could this have changed something that BFG has not taken into consideration? I have downloaded other games and they work fine also my previously downloaded games work as they did before.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on May 20, 17 6:28 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on May 20, 17 6:37 AM
Windows 10 - I have the latest update installed. I click on Play, and nothing comes up. I have to go to task manager to shut down whatever happened, or the BF Manager says I'm paying another game.

This is too bad, as this sounds like the type of game I enjoy (without all the blood/scary parts that have been a regular lately.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on May 20, 17 6:40 AM
Another game that won't open! Windows 10.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 20, 17 6:45 AM
Just an FYI:
Works fine for me on my fully updated Windows 10.

Maybe the graphics card is the issue rather than the OS? Just a guess.

[Post New]by seatraveler on May 20, 17 7:28 AM
This is the second time in the last couple of weeks that a game will not download on my Windows 10 fully updated system. I get Error Code 5 and none of the suggested solutions in the Big Fish help pages fix the problem. I can download and install the trial version, but when I click "Buy", then "Activate", the error occurs in Game Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Game Manager and still the same result.

chaela1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chaela1 on May 20, 17 7:33 AM
second game in 2 weeks that won't open windows 10

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by lettelette on May 20, 17 8:00 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

down loaded game but cannot open game I do have windows 10 any advise

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on May 20, 17 8:09 AM
Playing on MacOS Sierra 10.12.2.

This is a weird problem that I've never seen before, playing tons of BF games. None of the controls in this game respond unless I double click on them. It started when the main menu came up. I clicked on the 'Play' button, and nothing happened. Clicked again - nothing. Started clicking on it fast, and then it responded. Same problem when I tried to set up 'Custom' options. I finally realized that if I do a 'double' click, the mouse responds as if I had 'single' clicked.

The game started and my mouse showed the magnifying glass and gears appropriately. However when I tried to clicked on an area with the magnifying glass, I had to double click for the game to respond. And so on and so on. I started to get used to double clicking on everything, but I got to the first HOS. At the end there is a tile sliding puzzle. None of the bars would slide for me, and it's hard to double click and slide at the same time. I finally gave up and double clicked my way to the menu and exited the game.

I am using an external, Bluetooth mouse. I use the same mouse for all the BF games I play without any problems. The battery in the mouse is almost full of power and does not need to be changed.

Everything works as expected when hovering the mouse, i.e. the right icons come up and so on. I only have the problem when something needs to be selected by left clicking on it.

As it is, the game is unplayable for me.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 20, 17 9:32 AM
wanderingwomble wrote:Playing on MacOS Sierra 10.12.2.

This is a weird problem that I've never seen before, playing tons of BF games. None of the controls in this game respond unless I double click on them. It started when the main menu came up. I clicked on the 'Play' button, and nothing happened. Clicked again - nothing. Started clicking on it fast, and then it responded. Same problem when I tried to set up 'Custom' options. I finally realized that if I do a 'double' click, the mouse responds as if I had 'single' clicked.

The game started and my mouse showed the magnifying glass and gears appropriately. However when I tried to clicked on an area with the magnifying glass, I had to double click for the game to respond. And so on and so on. I started to get used to double clicking on everything, but I got to the first HOS. At the end there is a tile sliding puzzle. None of the bars would slide for me, and it's hard to double click and slide at the same time. I finally gave up and double clicked my way to the menu and exited the game.

I am using an external, Bluetooth mouse. I use the same mouse for all the BF games I play without any problems. The battery in the mouse is almost full of power and does not need to be changed.

Everything works as expected when hovering the mouse, i.e. the right icons come up and so on. I only have the problem when something needs to be selected by left clicking on it.

As it is, the game is unplayable for me.

It's possible that when you go to settings, then touchpad you've got finger gestures clicked on 'tap twice '? That happened to me after an Apple update.
Worth checking, as I thought game had glitched. Clicked off 'double tap' and all worked perfectly!
Hope this helps

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on May 20, 17 10:07 AM
It's possible that when you go to settings, then touchpad you've got finger gestures clicked on 'tap twice '? That happened to me after an Apple update.
Worth checking, as I thought game had glitched. Clicked off 'double tap' and all worked perfectly!
Hope this helps

Hmm. Can't find the setting you are describing. I don't have a 'touchpad' setting, but maybe you mean 'trackpad'? I went in there, but couldn't find anything that looked like 'double tap'.

I did try setting my Mac to 'ignore built in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present' under 'Accessibility' in case the Mac was trying to use the trackpad instead of the mouse, but that didn't help.

I did play another BF game after I made my original post here, and had no mouse problems. I'm also having no mouse problems with any other application. I haven't updated my OS recently, either.

Maybe I'm running a different version of the OS than you are, which might explain why I can't find the setting you describe? I'm on Sierra, 10.12.2...

Thanks for the suggestion!

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on May 20, 17 10:22 AM
devonview wrote:Another game that won't open ;-( Using Windows 10

Same with me, a game a couple of weeks ago wouldn't play either.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on May 20, 17 12:39 PM
Installed, uninstalled. Downloaded twice. Running Windows 11, fully updated. When I click on play - it takes me to the thank you for playing screen. Not happy.

CelticCoco

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on May 20, 17 2:36 PM
Another error 809. This is too often the response to a demo. If I try to run an activated game from GM, I get the same error code. If I run it off the shortcut on desktop, it plays fine. But you have to go through GM for a demo.
Win 10, new computer, fancy drives, etc. I uninstalled/re-installed GM with the same problem. Hard to try and buy new games.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on May 20, 17 4:49 PM
Game will not open after install. Using Windows 10 with most recent update. Tried deleting, reinstalling to no avail.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on May 21, 17 1:02 AM
Had a 'fatal error' about 18 minutes in, not going to mess with it. I just deleted it.

Go to: