Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Autumn Leaves Help!

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on May 21, 17 12:11 PM
I must have missed something. I am on level 56 and stuck. When I looked at the spoilers it said to use the Autumn leaves. What Autumn Leaves? Where do I get them from and what do they do?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Autumn Leaves Help!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 21, 17 4:31 PM
The autumn leaves are one of the boosters you can buy/select in the popup box before the level starts. They work by you dragging on the tricolor circle thingy that shows up in the board (it's the equivalent of the ice cream booster in Penguin Rescue, if you played that). Dragging on them vertically causes 3 super snails to shoot off horizontally, dragging horizontally causes 3 super snails to shoot off vertically.

More leaves appear periodically depending on how many matches you've made and show up faster if you get a large cascade going.

BTW I pulled up level 56 and what you want to do is remove the 3 stones in the middle first with the autumn leaves or with matches after you clear the leaf obstacles, because every time you don't remove at least one stone with a match another stone grows.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 22, 17 10:16 AM
Spookys_Mom:

I'm not contradicting SynthpopAddict, because I happen to prefer calling this booster "autumn leaves" also, but if you can't find it, the name of the booster on the popup is actally labeled "Fall Leaves". It is the last one on the popup.

(As far as I'm concerned, SynthpopAddict has earned the right to rename boosters, since she provides her expert advice )

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 22, 17 10:34 AM
I never noticed that they were called "fall leaves" in the popup...thanks for pointing that out skpjazz! LOL sometimes I speak a language of my own with naming things in games, sorry for any confusion.

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on May 22, 17 3:25 PM
Thank you SynthpopAddict. I must have missed the part where they explained that. I went back and picked that as a booster and got through the level. I also did not know that if I got the three middle tiles they would stop mutipling. Great advice.
Thanks again!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 22, 17 4:23 PM
You're welcome Spookys_Mom, it's a pleasure to hear that I've helped. If you see any posts elsewhere where I call those stones "rocks from perdition" you probably know why now. In Penguin Rescue, I call them "flowers from perdition" because they work the same way.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on May 22, 17 5:14 PM
Hey SynthpopAddict,

I want you to know that I really hesitated pointing out the "fall leaves", because it's so rare that you call anything by the wrong name. In fact, it's because of you, that I "try" to get the names of things right (which I still don't always!). It's funny, because early on in this forum, I was writing a post trying to help someone out, and I was referring to the fall leaves, and when I saw your post after that calling it autumn leaves, I thought to myself "boy, I'm a real dummy", LOL! Of course, I still checked it out, and couldn't believe that it was actually called fall leaves after all! It was really "comforting" to know that you could get it "wrong" once in a blue moon.
Intersol should have consulted with you prior to naming the boosters, because I also like/prefer what you call their "colorful bunch of flowers" booster. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think they named the "super snail" a "super shell" which is really odd!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 22, 17 7:33 PM
No worries skpjazz, that might have been why Spookys_Mom couldn't figure out what I'd meant earlier. I do even get some strategies wrong sometimes with my M3s and have had to redact posts in the past!

I noticed the "super shell" reference too, and also that in Penguin Rescue when they describe the colorful penguin for the first time the description says something about "removing boxes of penguin" which makes me chuckle a bit every time I see that...I suspect they didn't run the texts by a native English speaker before the releases.

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 7:34:42 PM PST

Go to: