Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 22, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 5:08:40 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here.

[Post New]by leonadas on May 22, 17 1:54 AM
Appears to be something seriously wrong with this game. Downloaded it twice and getting sound but no picture. Just all white.

[Post New]by agrostemma_games on May 22, 17 2:14 AM
leonadas wrote:Appears to be something seriously wrong with this game. Downloaded it twice and getting sound but no picture. Just all white.

Hi leonadas,

I am developer of the game. I am sorry that you are having problems playing the game. It sounds like you are able to start the game but it is not displaying properly. This can be caused by old display adapter drivers. You can try to update the driver.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 22, 17 5:01 AM
leonadas wrote:Appears to be something seriously wrong with this game. Downloaded it twice and getting sound but no picture. Just all white.

I'm having the same problems. I have over 1, 800 Big Fish Games. And all of them work find. My drivers are up to date. This is just one of those games that won't work for some people. We'll see how many people post tech issues to know if it needs a fix or it's just some of us won't be able to play.

Good Luck to everyone.
Thanks for posting Developers.

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by asenski on May 22, 17 5:05 AM
I am having the same problem as already mentioned. I am getting a partial white screen and my drivers are up to date as well. The only parts that are displaying are Credits or if I like to change my name. At this point I am not even going to bother to un- and reinstall the game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 22, 17 5:08 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

mimchen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mimchen on May 22, 17 5:43 AM
The game is frozen after I gave in the names of the tree flowers on the monitor. I reloaded the game three times, but nothing happenend. Very enoying!!!!!!!

[Post New]by splat49 on May 22, 17 6:42 AM
This game won't even start for me. I have dozens of Big Fish games, only this one gives an OpenGL error and tells me to update my drivers. I have Windows Update (win7) updating all the time, my PC is up to date. I'd like to try the game, but don't feel like troubleshooting what may not be my system's problem.

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 6:43:35 AM PST

[Post New]by stargazer127 on May 22, 17 7:38 AM
Starting game changes screen resolution to the point the game video is so large as to be non viewable.

[Post New]by Sandyo on May 22, 17 8:16 AM
Having the same issue as stargazer. Screen resolution of the video is huge! After the video is done, I get a partial white screen. Too bad as I love games that are "in the woods!" Playing on PC with windows 8.1

[Post New]by KCMOgal on May 22, 17 9:31 AM
Using Windows 10. The game video is large, and the mouse cannot reach anything in the lower 1/8 of the screen. I would change the resolution but can find no recommendations so if there are recommendations in the menu/options, I cannot click on it/them.

[Post New]by trouble1952 on May 22, 17 9:39 AM
Hi I have bought this game but cannot download it! keep getting error 912. I am connected to internet and I have hundreds of Big Fish games which I have purchased with no problem, please help and how to I get my credit back?
Lorraine.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on May 22, 17 10:26 AM
Same kind of problem here. Black screen says input not supported and to change screen resolution. Had to reboot computer as Windows button or control alt del didn't get me out. (Windows 10)

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 10:27:37 AM PST

[Post New]by agrostemma_games on May 22, 17 10:32 AM
KCMOgal wrote:Using Windows 10. The game video is large, and the mouse cannot reach anything in the lower 1/8 of the screen. I would change the resolution but can find no recommendations so if there are recommendations in the menu/options, I cannot click on it/them.

Hi KCMOgal,

I'm sorry that you are having problems playing the game. You can try playing the game in "windowed" mode instead of the full screen mode that is the default one.

1) Open Settings menu in one of these two ways:
a) From the main menu click "Settings" button
b) When playing the game click the "MENU" button or press escape key
2) Click the "Video" button
3) Click the checkbox labeled "Full Screen"

[Post New]by agrostemma_games on May 22, 17 10:49 AM
splat49 wrote:This game won't even start for me. I have dozens of Big Fish games, only this one gives an OpenGL error and tells me to update my drivers. I have Windows Update (win7) updating all the time, my PC is up to date. I'd like to try the game, but don't feel like troubleshooting what may not be my system's problem.

Hi splat49,

I'm sorry you can't start the game.

Windows are installed with a default support for OpenGL. This default support works on most display adapters but sometimes you need drivers that are made specifically for your adapter by the manufacturer of that hardware. I'm afraid that this is one of that cases.

Other games you have probably use DirectX instead of OpenGL so you did not experience this issue when playing them.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 22, 17 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring within their game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should and will provide some Big Fish Games Help pages that contain troubleshooting steps specific to the issues presented in this thread.

For players that are having issues with certain aspects of the game not working correctly such as sound or display, it is recommended to ensure that your video card driver is current. Please refer to the following help page with these steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Running the game as an administrator will also help the game obtain the necessary permissions to run properly. Please refer to the following help page for these steps:

Run Game as Administrator

For players on the Windows 10 operating system, changing the resolution may help resolve this issue. The help page below contains steps that are specific for this system:

Windows 10

If after trying the suggested troubleshooting steps issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by KCMOgal on May 22, 17 11:23 AM
agrostemma_games wrote:
KCMOgal wrote:Using Windows 10. The game video is large, and the mouse cannot reach anything in the lower 1/8 of the screen. I would change the resolution but can find no recommendations so if there are recommendations in the menu/options, I cannot click on it/them.

Hi KCMOgal,

I'm sorry that you are having problems playing the game. You can try playing the game in "windowed" mode instead of the full screen mode that is the default one.

1) Open Settings menu in one of these two ways:
a) From the main menu click "Settings" button
b) When playing the game click the "MENU" button or press escape key
2) Click the "Video" button
3) Click the checkbox labeled "Full Screen"

[Post New]by KCMOgal on May 22, 17 11:25 AM
Yes, but once I have clicked on the game to begin, I can no longer access "settings". The mouse cannot move that low. Once the game has started: ditto--if I have understood you correctly.

[Post New]by agrostemma_games on May 22, 17 11:58 AM
KCMOgal wrote:Yes, but once I have clicked on the game to begin, I can no longer access "settings". The mouse cannot move that low. Once the game has started: ditto--if I have understood you correctly.

You are correct. "Setting" button is very low on the main menu. If you can reach the "Play" button you could be able to go to settings by pressing the escape key while in the first scene. This will open the pop-up menu with "settings" button on it.

Perhaps you can try changing the resolution as moderator bfgBallerophon suggested in his comment.

[Post New]by kjrussell3 on May 22, 17 12:09 PM
Downloaded the game and when I go to play it all I get is sound but no picture. The screen is all black. Hope the get the game fixed.

Go to: