Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 22, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 5:09:02 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 22, 17 5:09 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 22, 17 5:37 AM
OMG! The girl in the game NEVER SHUTS UP! It is so annoying. Everything you click on she has something to say about it. I would not get this game even for free. Terrible

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on May 22, 17 5:54 AM
it's not a bad little game, no brainer about what to do when you get a new task and at least it has a map lol I finished playing one of my older games this morning and a map would have been helpful in it as the hint was so obscure. but this game isn't bad, got a free game coupon think use to buy it later. the book (missing key between k and h, ournal was a nice touch)

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on May 22, 17 6:42 AM
A very old type game but the developer shows promise. Hope he, or she, keeps on trying. Not a buy for me.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 22, 17 9:27 AM
agrostemma_games wrote:If you do not like the sound of Alicia's comments you can turn it off in the settings menu.

1) Click on the "MENU" button and choose "Settings".
2) Click on the "Audio" button.
3) Click on the "Audio comments" checkbox to turn the sound of comments on or off.

If "Audio comments" checkbox is off, text of the comment will still appear on the top of the screen but without the sound of Alicia making the comment.

Hope this helps.

I quite like the game. It is a buy for me!

Happy Gaming,
BK

woemwoem
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by woemwoem on May 22, 17 10:25 AM
This game is such a BIG NO on so many levels!! Waste of money. No buy!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 22, 17 10:51 AM
I think I lasted about ten minutes before I had to bail and turn her voice off. This seems like a pretty old-school style of game, it's been a long time since I've had to pick up a screwdriver or wrench four times to remove four screws/bolts. Nothing very new in the story but then again, not much is these days. I just wish I liked the main character a little more, I'm almost hoping she fails......almost. There is a map but I don't seem to be able to "jump" with it, so a lot of running around. The puzzles were slightly different but the instructions were a little vague. Still, I do have a PCC almost ready to expire, so maybe........I would like to see how this one plays out and maybe it won't be as predictable as it appears to be. I do like supporting a "new developer" and their next effort may be better.

[Post New]by marijkee123 on May 22, 17 11:37 AM
Hello, I do not understand all the negative stuff. I recently bought Green moon and Green moon 2, You need to do a lot of thinking in these games. As I like to play games, and using my brains, in stead of looking for morphing things or what ever. This game does not so much negative stuff. It is a good and nice game. I allways play without sound.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on May 22, 17 4:39 PM
so, I've played 30 minutes of the demo - disappointing I have to say - at least for me. It's classed as a "hidden object" game, however, so far all I've come across is puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles and huge amount of talking.

Alas, not for me. Have had no tech issues on my win 8.1 PC - but, just not a game for me.

Hope others enjoy it.

ecatlin98
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ecatlin98 on May 22, 17 11:03 PM
Started out to be an alright game but by the time I got to the tombs, I was frustrated and bored out of my mind !! Glad this was a freebee, I would have been really upset if I had wasted my money on it .

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on May 23, 17 8:05 AM
There's is too much chatter, but some helps you find things, some of it you can skip!
I found it interesting though! I too am going to get it w/ a punch code!

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on May 24, 17 3:51 AM
This is a great game for anyone who likes puzzles. There are several very challenging ones. The game itself is rather simple compared to most games but it is mostly puzzles and adventure. I find that far more interesting than hidden object hunts. The map does let you jump to any scene that you have already been at. You just highlight that scene and it shows up in the bottom right of the map and you click the arrow. So you can speed up play as you go back and forth. It was a nice change of pace.

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on May 24, 17 11:32 AM
How old is this game? If this is "new", which I doubt, the developer must be stuck in the 90's. I wish in the info section about games for purchase you'd include the year it was developed. This game is boring and old.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 24, 17 5:13 PM
Based on completed game with no tech issues

I wasn't expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. It's an indie game made on an indie budget and was first released in late 2016. This is not an old game. This is an indie game made by developers that don't have Mad Head cash. I am more than happy to always support indie developers and hope this team is able to make another game in the near future.

The storyline was on the dark side and interested me. There is lovely journal that profiles the people/events as well as the story and clues you encounter along the way.

BFG cataloged this game incorrectly. This is an adventure, puzzle game. There are not HOP scenes in the game. The challenge level was varied, with some very challenging adventure elements, combo items and a few of the puzzles. Most of the game was, I would say, intermediate level of challenge. For help, I would recommend the developer's website or YouTube if anyone needs more than the in-game hint system.

Another thing I really love about indie games, is the developers tend to make their game worlds much larger. The last level of this game had about 10 rooms in it! Unheard of these days with the big guys.

The game had a well developed story line, kept my interest, and had a good length for a SE. I heartily recommend this game to adventure gamers and puzzle fans.

Oh, and I didn't mind the lead's voice at all. It was a tiny bit startling at first then I got used to her and liked her. The devs have a setting where you turn the voice overs off if you choose so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone I don't think.

Go to: