Mystic Gallery

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 19, 10 12:05 AM
Find Hidden Objects on great paintings and train your artistic skills to become the master restorer of a Mystic Gallery! Use a unique device, the Wheel of Skill, to play marvellous minigames and earn your diploma from a fantastic art school. Repair some of the most famous paintings of all times as you work towards success. Can you breathe new life into these damaged masterpieces? Give it your best shot in Mystic Gallery!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 19, 10 12:42 AM
I played for 15 minutes and got to the end of the first picture/game, but this is not for me. The only positive thing I can say is that you can fast forward through the dialogue (although the actual dialogue is a little strange - lost in translation perhaps).

You are invited to find hidden object randomly placed in a very fuzzy picture - it may be an 'old master' but no identification is provided. The items are all sizes and all types and some are semi-transparent (yes, there is a see through feather in the cloudy sky!). Some of the names of the items are in yellow, and these go towards points to enable you to play the minigames to finish the level. There is a help button, which recharges, there is a magnifying glass (to make the fuzzy objects larger), and if you mis-click then the level on a bar goes down.

You are helped by a slight scary looking character (is it just trendyness that makes her look a bit vampire-ish?) who owns the Gallery (and gives you loads of information on how it is the best in the world and how her great grandpappy set it up ....).

Once you have solved the HOG you then have to complete the minigames to finish the level, or you can skip if you have picked up enough jewels. The games are simple - jigsaw of torn painting (again not identified), memory where you turn over two portraits and have to find the matching one (the mis click meter is used here as well), and my third was a 'lucky' one, so there was no game.

I didn't enjoy it - the pictures were fuzzy, the dialogue annoying (not spoken, just written), I didn't find out how I was 'restoring' pictures (perhaps I gave up to soon?), I didn't see the point of my progress being rewarded by mythical points from the other great restorers in the world - I just didn't like it. Sorry, but other than the fast forward on the dialogue, and I didn't find a timer I can find nothing good to say.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 1:30 AM
I would definately have to give credit to nelliegemini, for she played longer than I did. I played all but what 12 minutes, when I realized that was enough of my time wasted. The graphics were poorly done and it seemed to me if the hidden objects weren't bright or shiny enough, there would be a strain on your eyes- those pictures were very dull. This game has mini-games and some weird lady guiding you along the way, who knows there may be some HOG fan that will give this game two thumbs up, however I gave it two thumbs down....TMann I am adding to this post and would like to say for those that didn't like the game and me being a good fishie that I am, I would like to add that someone on page 2 of this thread cannot remember the name was a developer of this game. So he/she mentions a few good hints for those fishies that just may want to go back and give this game a chance!!! The only reason why I am even mentioning this is because some member here just may read the first few reviews and just decide that they are not going to even bother with the game, however there may be a fishie or two that may just want to see what he/she has to say. Either way...maybe you all HOG/IHOG's fans may just want to read it. Hope this helps and Good Luck, TMann THE NAME IS: SWEETCANDYGAMES

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 5:08:18 AM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 19, 10 1:44 AM
you both beat me, lol.
I uninstalled after 5 minutes. A mistake meter !!! No thanks.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Apr 19, 10 1:44 AM
thanks TerryMann and nelliegemini for your reviews, i am d/l the trial now, thought it sounded a good game and will give it a go..waiting for the new "dream day wedding" to arrive!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 1:50 AM
I read that there were mini- games, so I decided to try this game out. I noticed at times some of these HOG/IHOG's have mini-games which are actually pretty fun, I didn't play long enough to play any of them. I would have to agree with the other reviews this Mystic Gallery was pretty bad. I try to be objective and at least try the game HOG/IHOG's or not. If anyone knows of any games you can recommend (with mini-games) please PM me and I will try them out. For those fishies that have given me some suggestions in the past, thank you for those!!! Thanks again...TMann

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 19, 10 1:52 AM
I played only a few minutes (I will continue later this day), but I think the game isn`t so bad like other said. Its not the badest hog I have played.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 1:56 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I played only a few minutes (I will continue later this day), but I think the game isn`t so bad like other said. Its not the badest hog I have played.
Hi Eisteepfirsich, How are you? I just wanted to say, I really hope you end up liking it, always great to hear that even when others don't like it, you will go and give it a chance and good for you!!!! Take Care, TMann

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 2:02:43 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 19, 10 2:05 AM
Hi Terry, I am very fine today. Its sunshine in Berlin today (I love it). How are you? Have a very nice day

Qtkitteh
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Qtkitteh on Apr 19, 10 2:42 AM
I may not post a lot...but I play a lot! I actually played for the entire demo thinking it had to get better. It didn't. At first I was optimistic, I love art. However the hidden object scenes were almost comical. A vase that measured to scale inside the picture being about 40 feet high? um... I don't know where they got the idea to put "hidden object" in the description when the objects are *right* in plain sight. Also, with the muted color of the 3 paintings I went through (I fell asleep a couple of times...no joke) the objects were stuck on the picture kinda like those plastic Colorform stickers that came in a box with a background that you put the vinyl images on and they stuck by static cling. That's the best way I can describe it. (although as nelliegemini stated some are semi-transparent like the feather in the sky that must have come off a 100 foot bird) As for the "mini-games", don't get me started. Lol! I like putting pictures back together and that was the only one I enjoyed. I'm sure I didn't open all the mini-games but honestly, I don't think I missed anything spectacular. I think the hardest part about this game was trying to figure out exactly what they were trying to achieve. It was basically a mini-game that had mini-game babies. Lol, sorry but that's really the best way I can think to summarize what I played. Now, don't get me wrong...maybe it improves as you move on in levels (I can be optimistic with games to a fault really) but I think there's a better chance of me waking up in the morning with a Unicorn prancing around my front lawn. *However* ignoring my opinions about the game, if you just like a nice relaxing game you might want to try it. There have been games that the majority of the people who reviewed them didn't care for at all and I tried 'em anyway and liked them. Maybe watch the video in the game description and go from there. Just don't set your hopes too high. I have a feeling a lot of fishies aren't going to like this one *at all*. Just my .02 cents.
****sorry this was so long, despite having about 80+ games from Big Fish this is my first real review****

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 19, 10 2:51 AM
You all said it all. I lasted 10 minutes then deleted. total time waster this one is.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 2:55 AM
To: Eisteepfirsich I am doing fine, thanks for asking. Enjoy that sunshine !! I remember those days when I was there, beautiful. By the way, let me know if you end up liking the game. Talk to you soon!! TMann

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 2:59 AM
patnsky wrote:You all said it all. I lasted 10 minutes then deleted. total time waster this one is.
Thanks for your PM, by the way I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the game either. Talk to you soon, TMann

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 19, 10 3:04 AM
I'll try anything that has the word "mystic" in it, so...

I did 2 pictures and the mini games. Putting together the torn up pictures wasn't even that good. And that click o meter thingy was there if you placed the piece wrong.

It's not completely awful and it's not the worst game I've ever played, but it's never going to make it to my buy list. If I was just starting on BF and hadn't tried a lot of HOGs and was looking for something easy to start with, this might be it. But I agree with the Qtkitteh - it looks like the "hidden" objects were just pasted on the picture. And the vase in the first picture looked like a computer printout to me!

Anyway, if you've never played a hidden object game before, you might want to give this a try. Just remember that there are a lot better games out there, at least IMHO.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Apr 19, 10 3:14 AM
I lasted 5 minutes and I really wanted to like this game. Sadly, I can find nothing good to say about it except I loved the Cat Moon logo.

'Old Masters" should be identified by name and artist.
Mistake-a-meter? Bad enough concept, but on a memory mini-game where you are guessing half the time anyway?
Fuzzy graphics.
Very annoying gallery owner who could not even let me finish a jigsaw mini-game in peace. And she looked like a vampire who was trying to pass as human or maybe a human trying to pass as vampire. Either way her looks were unsettling.

We will likely hear complaints from the TM folks again about too many HOGs - but when they are like this they should not count.

I hope some fish swims by that likes this.

Jess

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 19, 10 3:18 AM
Hi Terrymann,
I tried the game and the mini games for a very short time...and then uninstalled. Must be one of the worst HOGs ever. Boring, fuzzy and all that chit chat.
On the up side my BFG plush toy arrived this morning; it's so cute!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 3:44 AM
belamba wrote:Hi Terrymann,
I tried the game and the mini games for a very short time...and then uninstalled. Must be one of the worst HOGs ever. Boring, fuzzy and all that chit chat.
On the up side my BFG plush toy arrived this morning; it's so cute!
Hi La Bamba, I am still waiting for mine, since February- can you believe that? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the game either. I have seen some IHOG's/ HOG's lately and I know a few fishies that like them, I was honestly hoping some fishies would have liked this one, maybe the next Hidden Object game will be better for you and some other fishies I know. Happy Gaming!!! TMann

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 4:33:00 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 19, 10 4:00 AM
Hi Terrymann,
I was so wanting a great HOG today as I have a rare day off! But not to be. Plenty of unfinished games to play though.
Hope you get a good TMG soon; but selfishly not til I get a great iHOG lol!
Happy gaming,
La Bamba :-))

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Apr 19, 10 4:07 AM
I tried to like it-but no deal! I lasted 33 minutes then had to give up. I use the games in the morning to help me wake up, get me motivated. I think I'll go back to bed Or have a lot more coffee .

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Apr 19, 10 4:26 AM
This seems to follow the latest trend for muddy pictures containing fuzzy objects - I value my eyesight too much to waste it on stuff of quality this poor. How the developer thought this poor standard was worth of public attention is beyond me - the thought of actually paying to suffer this wreck of a game is appalling.

Go to: