NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

42nd Game Item is missing

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Apr 19, 10 1:52 AM
Has anyone gotten the 42nd item which perhaps a toaster upgrade? I've no luck with that so far.

Also...I have figured out a strategy to get all awards but one. Seems the number of the EDU + EXP sections is at least one short of getting BOTH Type A and Type B job awards. Any advice on this as well.

Otherwise just my kind of game!

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 1:54:02 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

42nd Game Item is missing

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 28, 10 10:25 PM
NormaNorman wrote:Seems the number of the EDU + EXP sections is at least one short of getting BOTH Type A and Type B job awards. Any advice on this as well.
I think you're wrong. If you never take a Medium, you can easily get both Type A and Type B. I mean, it's 6 of each, right? [No, rong; see next post.] And I'm only up to 14th level, without having reached the top of the Education or Experience gauges. But maybe at some of the first levels, you don't have High and/or Low??

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 10:21:45 PM PST

DarkBrown
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:42nd Game Item is missing

[Post New]by DarkBrown on Jun 4, 10 5:31 AM
You need *nine* of each type of job to get those awards, six is only the silver level. And, since there are only 17 jobs you can take, you can't get both of them in the same game.

It's one or the other for the gold. Which means you can only get 101 out of 102 possible awards. Darn!

Re:42nd Game Item is missing

[Post New]by klockewise on Aug 21, 10 6:52 PM
EXTREMELY frustrating--I'm playing this game through for the third time, and unfortunately just this time did the math and figured out that you can't get both Type A and Type B. I still have enjoyed the game, but huge oops on the programming there.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: 42nd Game Item is missing

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 15, 11 7:29 PM
You mean the 24th possession, which is a true "Ooooops!" See "The 24th Item is....a Microwave!" in this forum at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/99278.page

But the only "oops" in the Award structure is your believing that we are supposed to be able to get all the awards in a single game! There are plenty of other games where that's a reasonable goal, sure, and sometimes it's even made explicit.

However, there is nothing about MLS to suggest that all the Awards listed are important or that there is a need to get Gold in everything in order to achieve a meta-win, rather than the win that the game offers. They're just milestones that'll get you a useful Life Card now and then! In fact, I wouldn't have been at all surprised to discover that, say, "Dog Lover", "Top Chef", and "Computer Nerd" were mutually exclusive because two or more of the relevant jobs showed up at the same level, and I certainly wouldn't have considered it bad programming if that were the case.

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 7:53:42 PM PST

Go to: