bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 19, 10 3:51 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystic Gallery? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel

free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting

spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by tarbarme on Apr 19, 10 4:55 AM
CasualGran wrote:Oh my! Penalties for clicking wrong because this game would be ment for developing 'serious' skills??? Come on! And on top of this I'm getting time penalties for using hints? Well, the developers can keep this game, as far as I'm concerned. Won't waste my time, effort and money on it. Seriously!

I totally agree with CasualGran on this game. Some of the objects are so hard to see. Most mini games I'm not fond of and this one you have to do up to 4 of them. It gives you a way to skip them but I was turned off seeing that I had or skip 4 of them after level 1. another thumbs downs from me too.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 5:15 AM
PLEASE READ!!! A person on this forum on the last thread, 2nd page mentions some hints, now whether this will help you or not- maybe you can go at least read what he/she has to say. The name of the person is sweetcandygames, (a developer of the game), I hope this helps and good luck, TMann

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 19, 10 5:52 AM
Well TerryMann I have read Sweetcandygames post and it hasn't changed my mind one little bit. I still dislike the game and having to play 4 minigames after the first screen made me dread playing another screen in case I had to play another 4 or more after that one as well.

I also was ready to shoot the "help" as, for some reason, I found her very annoying. It could have just been that she was so big and in your face but even a smaller version of her would not make me purchase this game.

I'm sorry but I just didn't find this game enjoyable at all and it gets a from me.

C

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Apr 19, 10 6:34 AM
A one handed ditto!

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Apr 19, 10 7:11 AM
Don't care for this game...No buy for me..

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 19, 10 7:30 AM
I buy many hogs every month, but I will also pass on this one. The graphic is fuzzy like other fishies have already said, I don`t like the minigames and I find it horrible to play 50 (!!) levels if I am already bored from only 2 levels. No buy for me.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 19, 10 7:39 AM
Well I played 40 minutes..... too much interaction with helper! The whole game seemed to be foolish! Not for me!
Nana

anniebird
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by anniebird on Apr 19, 10 8:06 AM
Once again, a game that is rife with misspellings and typos (dices????) - I refuse to buy any game where the developer can't bother with editing or proper translation, where that's the case.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Apr 19, 10 8:21 AM
I've played 31 minutes of the demo, and to me, it's a very easy game, at least in the time played so far. I have found all items on the find list, with only one miss click. I played two levels in this 31 minutes, played the skill tests with no problems, except on the trivia questions when it asks who the artist was of a certain painting..
I don't know yet whether I will buy or not, because it seems a bit too easy for me.

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by IamJbar on Apr 19, 10 8:27 AM
I usually don't post my feelings about a game, but I had to vent here about this one. The hidden objects are so obvious that you feel as though you are ridding the screen of the nonsense that a toddler has thrown on it. I also always have a major problem with dialog that is so poorly translated that it makes you cringe. It would only take a small effort on the developers part to have someone proof read it and point out what makes absolutely no sense. And the 'Mistake-O-Meter'?
I think it would be put to better use by keeping track of just how many brain cells you are losing by playing this game!!

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 19, 10 8:42 AM
Don't even waste your time downloading this.

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Apr 19, 10 8:55 AM
Most annoying friggen game I've ever played.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 19, 10 9:00 AM
Fuzzy graphics, obvious HOs, really lame mini games, wrong click-o-meter??, repetative dialog after every chapter, couldn't be bothered to correct spelling issues, etc., etc. I will uninstall this game immediately. Complete waste of time.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 9:12 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Well TerryMann I have read Sweetcandygames post and it hasn't changed my mind one little bit. I still dislike the game and having to play 4 minigames after the first screen made me dread playing another screen in case I had to play another 4 or more after that one as well.

I also was ready to shoot the "help" as, for some reason, I found her very annoying. It could have just been that she was so big and in your face but even a smaller version of her would not make me purchase this game.

I'm sorry but I just didn't find this game enjoyable at all and it gets a from me.

C
I was only being helpful, that was all- but a developer on another game site was actually very helpful to me regarding a M3 game a few months ago, I just figured there may have been something you all maybe missed. I knew once you all IHOG's/HOG's fans made up you're mind, I knew you all would have left it at that. Though I do know of a couple of fishies that actually liked the game and good for them. I noticed that a few fishies actually, went over there to that thread and gave that developer a word or two or shall I say a few, LOL!! As for me, let's just say it was a big waste of my time, that's for sure. TMann

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 9:26:04 AM PST

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 19, 10 9:23 AM
What a rubbish game! I did endure the full hour... The HOs were generally obvious - when not hidden in a dark part of the screen or mistranslated so that you were looking for the wrong thing. The last of these I had was a "cup" which eventually, after clicking all round the hint area, turned out to be a transparent rectangle presumably a "glass" or "tumbler". Or else the object was not the one you were supposed to find. One scene had four trees in it, each of which I clicked on incurring the dreaded penalty. Then the hint revealed that it was the first of these anyway. The tasks were easy enough but I actually found them a welcome relief from the **** scenes.

Yes, sack the self-styled help with her endless time wasting repetitions and fatuous comments. Send her to study English, preferably not in Uzbekistan or similar. Close the gallery down, we aren't interested in its history! So they all went off to see the first modern "olimpic" games: wasn't it spelt right on their tickets, then?

Don't waste your time on the free trial, let alone your money on buying it.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 19, 10 9:29 AM
catmartie wrote:What a rubbish game! I did endure the full hour... The HOs were generally obvious - when not hidden in a dark part of the screen or mistranslated so that you were looking for the wrong thing. The last of these I had was a "cup" which eventually, after clicking all round the hint area, turned out to be a transparent rectangle presumably a "glass" or "tumbler". Or else the object was not the one you were supposed to find. One scene had four trees in it, each of which I clicked on incurring the dreaded penalty. Then the hint revealed that it was the first of these anyway. The tasks were easy enough but I actually found them a welcome relief from the **** scenes.

Yes, sack the self-styled help with her endless time wasting repetitions and fatuous comments. Send her to study English, preferably not in Uzbekistan or similar. Close the gallery down, we aren't interested in its history! So they all went off to see the first modern "olimpic" games: wasn't it spelt right on their tickets, then?

Don't waste your time on the free trial, let alone your money on buying it.

Just wondering why my post has acquired asterixes where I typed ****!

nooldesrom
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nooldesrom on Apr 19, 10 9:33 AM
IamJbar wrote:I usually don't post my feelings about a game, but I had to vent here about this one. The hidden objects are so obvious that you feel as though you are ridding the screen of the nonsense that a toddler has thrown on it. I also always have a major problem with dialog that is so poorly translated that it makes you cringe. It would only take a small effort on the developers part to have someone proof read it and point out what makes absolutely no sense. And the 'Mistake-O-Meter'?
I think it would be put to better use by keeping track of just how many brain cells you are losing by playing this game!!

nooldesrom
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nooldesrom on Apr 19, 10 9:34 AM
CasualGran wrote:Oh my! Penalties for clicking wrong because this game would be ment for developing 'serious' skills??? Come on! And on top of this I'm getting time penalties for using hints? Well, the developers can keep this game, as far as I'm concerned. Won't waste my time, effort and money on it. Seriously!

Please make the "helper" go away. That might speed things up. Very repetitious!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 19, 10 9:36 AM
The answer to nooldesroms question: You get always only ***** when you write HOG, because it can mean also a nasty word (pig). I think thats the reason. (I have searched in a translationbook for HOG lol).

Go to: