Disgrace!!!!

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Disgrace!!!!

[Post New]by skell169 on May 24, 17 5:09 PM
I am sorry to say that I find it disgraceful that shards are now being given to players as their main reward for completing an HOS, I know it all goes by the amount of time it takes to complete said HOS but what about disabled players like myself I suffer arthritis and chronic pain 24/7, by the time it takes me to do a complete round of my game I have the first two HOS's open on the Dark Tower Island I think that it makes the total to around 60 HOS's to do in all (sorry guy's never really needed to count them) takes me more than an hour so my using the Amulet to whizz around my castle is not going to happen I have been a player almost since the beginning I was there for the original Bow Figurine, but this shard for your reward truly upsets me. I can not help being a slower player and should not be punished because of it either!! After completing a full round I have to rest my hands because my right hand is so swollen I cannot physically bend my fingers. I am never going to come first in the Tournament and win the Gorgeous Ginger Cat, or the diamonds. I can not play long enough per day to complete a 10 part daily quest so there are a lot of achievements I shall never win but that is fine I accepted all this along time ago but this shard for an HOS is to me a slap in the face I am truly sorry if writing this upsets anyone that was not my intent at all I have sat on this for some time and had to put it out there. I totally enjoyed the Easter event and made some wonderful new friends, also I will take the opportunity to say Thank You to my long term friends, who have been with me for along time your wonderfully kind and I am so thankful to you for the help and kindness shown to me, your ever grateful friend Rona

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Disgrace!!!!

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on May 24, 17 5:25 PM
Rona..........preaching to the choir!!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 24, 17 5:25 PM
It's got nothing to do with the amount of time it takes to complete the hidden object scene. Fast and slow players can get shards or the 15 coins after finishing a scene.

As a maxed out player, I find the 15 coins more annoying than the shards (at least I can give them to Trina). But it is what it is.

Suggestion in regards to the 10 part DQ's: maybe you could try using the no cool down amulet to complete these.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 24, 17 5:28 PM
Welcome to the choir, Rona.......this change in the game was made in January 2016.....many of us were not happy then, and many are not happy now......it came about by players saying they wanted more coins and/or shards from the game......moral to the story: Be careful, be very careful, what you wish for when presenting ideas on the forum!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 24, 17 5:30 PM
Oh, and put the wand on your wish list. I'd be glad to gift them to you to help you get through the HO's more quickly.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Disgrace!!!!

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 24, 17 5:40 PM
skell169 wrote:I am sorry to say that I find it disgraceful that shards are now being given to players as their main reward for completing an HOS, I know it all goes by the amount of time it takes to complete said HOS
Actually, it matters not whether you complete the HOS within 23 seconds or within 2 minutes and 23 seconds.....the reward is the same regardless.....you either get an HOS item, 15 coins, or 1 shard......the latter 2 are gifted more frequently than the former......sigh.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 24, 17 5:55 PM
Rona, I'm with you girl! I don't think anyone is slower than I am at playing the HOSs. I don't play them often, but when I do, it seems to take forever.

But I think everyone is right; the reward isn't time-based. I still don't have half the shards I need to buy stuff in the private room.

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on May 24, 17 8:13 PM
I have noticed that when I time out so the last item is solo, bringing the number at top left to 2, I seem more likely to get shards. If I let it time to in the middle, so have a run of several toward the end, I have a better chance of getting an object. But that could be my imagination.

I have gotten shards for fast play, and have gotten items for slow play, so it is not 100% in any case.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on May 25, 17 1:02 AM
Rona,your wish list has been down for days.Put it back up with the wands & I'll send you some.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on May 25, 17 1:20 AM
I also grumble when I get that shard, it's so unrewarding to receive it, and there are days when I seem to be getting them all the time (or almost!). If only it was 100 and not 1 ... I would still grouse but slightly less loud! Ah good old times when we were receiving an item each time...

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on May 25, 17 1:21 AM
Have to agree .

I hate getting coins/shards for doing HOS, I would much rather get an item every time (even another harpy feather is always welcome) and convert to coins/shards if/when I I want to. I feel cheated every time I get coins/shard even though my main current need is coins, I would much rather have an item every time and the choice to do what I want with the items as we had originally.

Sa

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 25, 17 5:23 AM
AMEN SISTER!!! Stinking shards are the bane of my existence! I hate getting "rewarded" with one & also feel cheated.
That's one of the reasons I love the Spring Event so much - the Terrace never, ever gives you a shard!!! In fact, the day before the Event ended, I did 6 regular HOS & every single one gave me a shard!!! I was livid!

I think the best thing the devs could do for morale is to remove the shards from the HOS rewards. I don't like receiving coins instead of HOS items, but at least coins have value. Shards have none!!!
I don't care about Trina's quests - I have more than enough keys to open whatever room we might get someday. I don't want the barbaric decorations that sell for shards. I have over 6600 of them & they are utterly worthless to me! I can't even give them away!

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on May 25, 17 5:35 AM
I hate getting shards and coins, too, and I also feel cheated when I get them. I might not mind the coins if there were more than 15....that's just aggravating. I almost never play with greedy Tina and I don't like some of the expensive items that can be bought with shards, so the shards are pretty much totally useless as far as I'm concerned. Wish they'd either take them off or make it, like someone else said, at least 100 shards so I might buy some of that ugly stuff just to get the related achievement. ShaSha

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 25, 17 11:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I was swimming by and wanted to take some time to address the concerns raised in this thread. I completely understand wanting to make sure Midnight Castle remains equally fun and fair for all of its players, and I want to thank you all for your participation in this conversation.

First, skell169, I want to assure you that the rewards in Hidden Object scenes are not based on how quickly the scene is completed. Completing a Hidden Object scene quickly will level you up within the scene faster, but players who can complete the scene in a short period of time won't receive better or different rewards.

I also want to thank everyone for providing feedback on receiving shards and coins for completing Hidden Object scenes. While the Forum Moderators don't have a lot of control over changes made within the game, we like to advocate for the players, so I've passed this feedback along to the appropriate teams.

Thank you also for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM myself or another of the active moderators. We're always glad to help. Happy gaming, everyone.

bfgBeruna

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on May 25, 17 4:37 PM
Myhashen wrote:I hate getting shards and coins, too, and I also feel cheated when I get them. I might not mind the coins if there were more than 15....that's just aggravating. I almost never play with greedy Tina and I don't like some of the expensive items that can be bought with shards, so the shards are pretty much totally useless as far as I'm concerned. Wish they'd either take them off or make it, like someone else said, at least 100 shards so I might buy some of that ugly stuff just to get the related achievement. ShaSha

Not sure if you are aware or not or maybe others are not aware, but you also get the standard 50 coins for doing the HOS plus the extra 15 coins for a total of 65.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 25, 17 5:20 PM
mrs23 wrote:Not sure if you are aware or not or maybe others are not aware, but you also get the standard 50 coins for doing the HOS plus the extra 15 coins for a total of 65.
While this is true....the 15 coins are in addition to the amount you get for just completing the HOS.....the problem comes with that 15 coins not being in correlation to what you would be able to SELL some of the items....

For instance: Blinding Disc is worth 25 coins -- so if I only get 15 coins from that HOS instead of get the Blinding Disc, I am being short-changed by 10 coins.

Worthless Early Leaves from Warden's Hut (worthless because it is ONLY used to craft Oak Storm) is worth 30 coins!

So, part of the problem was not so much that we got coins instead of an item......the AMOUNT of coins was not commensurate with the value of the item (in many cases) that we were being cheated out of.

And ONE SHARD????? I don't even want to go there because usually I would not be disenchanting inventory if valued at only 1 shard!

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 5:21:17 PM PST

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on May 26, 17 8:04 AM
You do NOT get shards or coins if you are doing a quest for a zoom zone.
But if you are doing random HOS you might get shards or coins.

My question is: why do you do random HOS??

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 26, 17 8:16 AM
HennyMarie wrote:You do NOT get shards or coins if you are doing a quest for a zoom zone.
But if you are doing random HOS you might get shards or coins.

When working on DQ's, it's necessary to play 'random' HOS. NOt all DQ tasks send you to open zoom zones.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 17 8:20 AM
HennyMarie wrote:

I'm guessing that was just a rhetorical question but to add:

There are more than one reason to do random HOS.

Coins is obvious
To gather the daily energy balls
To build up airship items for DQ's
To try and get extra supplies in advance of DQ's
Extra pet food

May be more reasons. Those are just right at the forefront of my mind at the moment.

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 8:20:33 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 26, 17 8:23 AM
Stamps & gift boxes, too.

Not to forget ……. Boredom.

Go to: