Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 25, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 6:11:51 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by superlady154 on May 25, 17 4:53 AM
I am using windows 10. I sign the contract in the game, then it freezes. Please Help me. I am playing on lap top.
Problem solved.

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 8:42:50 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 25, 17 6:12 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 6:12:28 AM PST

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by scorpio42 on May 25, 17 6:38 AM
Using a PC with Windows 10 ...

This is unusual for Elephant Games to have a glitch so soon into the game...Anyway it seems that the DOWN arrow isn't working...Cannot move around the lobby! Therefore am unable to finish fixing the bucket which is needed to extinguish the fire upstair!

Your immediate attention on this issue will be appreciated ... BTW, forget about those canned responses that you always conveniently have handy and TAKE ACTION WITH THESE TECH ISSUES INSTEAD!!!

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 6:45:06 AM PST

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on May 25, 17 8:01 AM
Trial of game will not download.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 25, 17 8:17 AM
Hi scorpio42 and puzzgamer1,

I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are being experienced with this particular game. Please keep in mind that the forums aren't equipped to provide in depth troubleshooting. We are happy to help in any way that we can and provide Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolve issues presented in the forums. The team also does have the tools to pass along any trends in issues we see in the forums to the appropriate teams.

scorpio42, if you find that the Windows 10 help page doesn't contain troubleshooting steps to help resolve your issue, it may help to modify your screen resolution to a lower setting. I'll include steps below:

1. Lower the resolution to a setting such as 1600x1200
2. Launch this particular game
3. Exit game
4. Revert to preferred to resolution

puzzgamer1, for the download issues mentioned, there are specific steps in the help page provided below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance and pass along information presented in the tickets to the appropriate teams for investigation.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the active moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on May 25, 17 9:04 AM
superlady154 wrote:I am using windows 10. I sign the contract in the game, then it freezes. Please Help me. I am playing on lap top.

I'm using a Mac using Sierra. Guess another glitch. There have far too many lately.

dvon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dvon on May 25, 17 1:28 PM
Having the same issue with game freezing after signing the contract. Hope there is a fix for this on the way. Until then, I will do the updates. I use windows 10 on a desktop.

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 25, 17 2:38 PM
I have done everything that I was supposed to do on my end and the game is lagging and freezing really bad I also have windows 10

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 25, 17 2:40 PM
PLEASE MAKE SURE THESE GAMES WORK WITH WINDOWS 10 BEFORE RELEASING THEM ALL IS GREAT TILL YOU BUY THEM

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 25, 17 2:45 PM
The game stalled in the middle of the forest labyrinth. Three times.

By the way, it's not just a Windows 10 issue, because I have Windows 7.

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on May 25, 17 4:20 PM
the back arrow does not work. And when playing the flag game it all went berserk, rapidly flashing .

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on May 25, 17 5:48 PM
I did a disk cleanup and after doing that was able to finish the Demo without any further trouble...Perhaps that may work for everybody else here? Like I mention in my early post, it is unusual for Elephant Games to have any glitches let alone several in their games...Hopefully this won't be a prelude to any of their future games to come!?

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 4:38:07 AM PST

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on May 25, 17 9:07 PM
Down arrow won't work when trying to get out of the lobby at the beginning of the game.. No buy for me until this is fixed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 26, 17 4:05 AM
scorpio42 wrote:I did a disk cleanup and after doing that was able to finish the Demo without any further trouble...Perhaps that may work for everybody else here? Like I mention in my early post, it is unusual for Elephant Games to have any glitches let alone several in their games...Hopefully this won't be prelude to any of their future games to come!?

Doing a disk clean-up is a good idea. I wonder how many people know about the thousands of temporary files that clutter a PC. I don't mean temp internet files either; I mean temp files. First time I was told about them, I found over 15,000 on my PC

Now I use CCleaner to remove all the clutter (including those temp files) and pretty much never have any issues with the games on here. I run Win7 Prof.

marylef
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by marylef on May 26, 17 4:07 AM
superlady154 wrote:I am using windows 10. I sign the contract in the game, then it freezes. Please Help me. I am playing on lap top.

Make sure you fill in all the lines on the contract.

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 26, 17 10:34 AM
STILL HAVENT GOT A RESPNSE AND MY GAME IS STILL FREZING I HAVE A DELL PC WINDOWS 10 I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD TO DO AND ITS STILL FREEZING PL ZZ HELP

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 26, 17 10:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry to hear the Collector's Edition keeps freezing, and I'm here to provide some troubleshooting guidance.

If your game is freezing, making sure your video card driver is up-to-date can be helpful. The instructions for that process can be found in the help page below, along with other suggestions for troubleshooting a game that freezes.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Running a Collector's Edition with administrator positions can also sometimes stop the title from freezing. If you're interested in running Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition as an administrator, please refer to the help page below.

Run Game as Administrator

If browsing Big Fish Game Help doesn't fix the issue, please submit a ticket to our Technical Support Team. With their tools and expertise they'll be the best equipped to help you going forward. Please make sure to include a Dr. Felix report if you contact Customer Support.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of our active moderators. We're here to help. Happy gaming, everyone.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 10:58:13 AM PST

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 26, 17 11:25 AM
I have downloaded5 times now still lagging if it helps when it downloads it lags to

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 26, 17 3:11 PM
AGAIN I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO NOW I AM GETTING ERROR 803400 NOW IT WONT DOWNLOAD THE GAME AT ALL AND I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THIS GAME PEOPLE BEWARE IT WORKS FINE TLL YOU PURCHASE IT AND BIG FISH DOESNT SEEM TO CARE

Go to: