LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Can't Use Boosts Where I Want

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on May 28, 17 1:29 AM
I went back several pages but may have missed the answer:

Why buy boosts if you can't use them anywhere you wish? For instance, I have some "swap" boosts which would help on Shivering Plains Level 88 but that boost doesn't seem to be available. Is there a way to get boosts from the "Play" screen (before you enter level play) or from the level itself? All I see is the hammer, the whirlwind and, I think, the rainbow.

Thank you.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Can't Use Boosts Where I Want

[Post New]by eli173 on May 28, 17 4:15 AM
No there's no way to use other boosts, and the choice seems to be arbitrary, as some useful ones are excluded. If the swap were available on the notorious level 88 it would be piece of cake, but unfortunately it's not. Perhaps this particular one was done on purpose, who knows.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 1, 17 1:09 PM
Hi LorettaGSP and eli173,

I see that there is some concern regarding what boosts are available on certain levels. It is definitely understandable wanting to be able to choose what boosts can be used on any level of the game. eli173 is right that there isn't a way to choose a boost that is on the main section rather than the three listed before the level begins. I'll be sure to pass along this feedback and suggestion to the Sir Match-a-Lot teams. Thank you for taking the time to post!

If you have any questions or more suggestions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jun 1, 17 5:42 PM
This is a very useful thread.

Of course not every boost is available on every level. So, on the difficult levels, I would suggest one plays the level a few times and looses without stressing. Then think about which combination of boosts would really come in handy (combination of 'on the way in' and 'in game').

That said, after you make a commitment on the way in, it would be nice to have a favorable start board and lucky drops but get what you get. At that point I usually invest in hammers etc. to create boosts that line up so that I can mate them together.

All in all, it's important to know your board, then utilize as few boosts as possible to win.

Easy peasy right? Not.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 5:45:40 PM PST

Go to: