Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Mosaics 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on May 29, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/08/2017 at 3:25:28 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Mosaics here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 29, 17 6:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on May 31, 17 1:33 AM
I am having a problem with losing a star when I haven't made any errors. Unless I am mistaken, making no mistakes on the mosaic rates 3 stars. Yet several times I have finished a game that clearly shows I have made zero mistakes yet I only get 2 stars. Being the perfectionist that I am (lol), I would really like to know why this is happening. Thanks.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on May 31, 17 5:20 AM
arnold1049 wrote:I am having a problem with losing a star when I haven't made any errors. Unless I am mistaken, making no mistakes on the mosaic rates 3 stars. Yet several times I have finished a game that clearly shows I have made zero mistakes yet I only get 2 stars. Being the perfectionist that I am (lol), I would really like to know why this is happening. Thanks.

This is because you were not fast enough doing the mosaics. That is the complain about a timed mosaics game. I learned this playing it. If you want, repeat the ones with 2 stars , do them faster and you will get the 3 stars. Also you can use hints and the number of stars don't change, I don't know is the rate or points are less using the hints.

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 5:21:25 AM PST

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Jun 2, 17 10:20 AM
I don't believe that is the issue, minesita. There is nothing in the game that refers to any kind of time limit. The only thing that is mentioned is that making mistakes will lose you stars. Grid after grid, I lose at least one star during play (not at the end) when I have made zero mistakes, which is shown clearly by the statistics on the grid. Since I haven't received an official response, I think I will put a ticket in for this issue. Thanks for your help.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 2, 17 9:13 PM
arnold1049 wrote:I don't believe that is the issue, minesita. There is nothing in the game that refers to any kind of time limit. The only thing that is mentioned is that making mistakes will lose you stars. Grid after grid, I lose at least one star during play (not at the end) when I have made zero mistakes, which is shown clearly by the statistics on the grid. Since I haven't received an official response, I think I will put a ticket in for this issue. Thanks for your help.

Hi Arnold, trust me. I was playing a level 51, I was distracted some minutes, and a star was removed. Then, I replayed again, faster and I got 3 stars.

This is my real complain, never, ever they mention something about time. I bought the game with a pcc, if not I should request a refund. When I understood the time's issue, I finished with all 3 stars, but without the joy and relax when I'm doing nonograms. And, please, repeat one with 2 stars playing quickly and you will see 3 stars. ( I took notes to make the borders, in some difficult levels).

Sorry my English, and good luck,
M.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 3, 17 11:42 AM
From playing the previous game in this series and trying this one, there is a time limit you need to make in order to get three stars. It was the same in the first game. But they don't tell you up front about the time limit and it's not listed anywhere in the instructions. I just did a test and, as Minesita said, I brought up a level and just left it for a while. Then played it through without using hints or making any mistakes. I got two stars. Replayed faster and got three. The only clue that you're being timed is that your time to complete the level is listed on the summary screen where you see your stars.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 8, 17 3:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for discussing the scoring mechanics behind the game Mystery Mosaics 2. I absolutely understand thinking that there might be a technical issue due to the game not being very clear that time is a factor in determining how many stars are awarded for completing a level. Thank you burf90 and minesita for sharing your experiences and helping out with this report.

While this appears to be a part of the game itself and not a technical issue, I'm going to provide these reports as a suggestion and feedback for discussing the scoring mechanics in the game. While the Forum Moderation Team is unable to make these sorts of in-game changes that would need to be done to provide more information about scoring, I know the teams behind the game would be very interested in how they can make the game more fun for players. If any changes are made to the game, a moderator will be certain to provide those details in an announcement made to this forum.

If there is trouble with this purchased game or if players would like more assistance with it and is unable to find assistance through our Big Fish Games Help Pages, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance beyond the forums. Our Reps have specialized tools to assist further and should get back in touch as soon as possible to help as best they can.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps clarify that time requirement for 3 stars. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Mosaics 2 here.

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Jun 16, 17 1:04 PM
Thanks everyone for all the help in clearing this issue up for me. I appreciate it. I don't enjoy playing against the clock at all and I believe every game should have a non-timed version. If they don't, then I don't buy them, and I would also like a refund for this game, even if I used a coupon to purchase it. I'd like to have my coupon back to use it on a game I would enjoy more.

Shame on the developers for hiding this time constraint requirement for getting 3 stars.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 17, 17 3:04 PM
arnold1049 wrote:Thanks everyone for all the help in clearing this issue up for me. I appreciate it. I don't enjoy playing against the clock at all and I believe every game should have a non-timed version. If they don't, then I don't buy them, and I would also like a refund for this game, even if I used a coupon to purchase it. I'd like to have my coupon back to use it on a game I would enjoy more.

Shame on the developers for hiding this time constraint requirement for getting 3 stars.

I totally agree with you. I hope the Mods will let know the developers about this issue, they should be straightforward with the customers and not to hide that the game is timed. I was doing level 100, and to my dismay they took one star at 6:01 min, the limit is 6:00 min.

They could do a trophy for people who are fast, but have the option to play the game on untimed mode. I'll be not buying any more games from them without this option.

wvdeedee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wvdeedee on Jul 22, 17 10:02 AM
Ran into a glitch on level 16. The grid was not centered and overlapped the hints area. No way to fill in a couple of the squares without it assuming you wanted a hint!! Not cool!!

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Sep 3, 17 12:03 PM
I don't see a level number but I'm on a 20 x15 puzzle. I have had the overlap for a few puzzles and have to move the square up top from the glove to the hammer in order to see the column numbers. Also, the left color circle overlaps the game. Every time I get to the 3rd color (black) and click on one square, there is a crash and I'm told I've made too many mistakes and the game is over. This happened 3 times and so although I will uninstall and reinstall, I'm pretty much done with this game. Too bad, because it is fun and a bit more challenging than the average grid games.

Go to: